HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Mar 2009
44 Posts
I am looking inside mine and it appears it will slide out fine. Perhaps a large paper clip with the end hooked. I had the rx out when I did mine and I used my hobby knife to push it out.
Mathrips is offline Find More Posts by Mathrips
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Mar 2009
44 Posts
Ok, shorted the orange to the red then powered up. Servo motor surged over and over. Powered down and servo is now reversed. Not sure what AS3x is doing but will check next.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:02 AM
Joined Mar 2009
44 Posts
Well, the left aileron servo (in port 6), which I reversed, works in the correct direction now but it does not have AS3X. The right servo does have AS3X but the left does not. Any ideas what is going on are welcome.
Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:13 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,511 Posts
I know, with the HK gyro being used, if you need to reverse a servo, you ALSO need to reverse the gyro for that channel. Don't know how you'd reverse it in the AS3X.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:58 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathrips View Post
Well, the left aileron servo (in port 6), which I reversed, works in the correct direction now but it does not have AS3X. The right servo does have AS3X but the left does not. Any ideas what is going on are welcome.
Thanks!
Someone enabled dual aileron mode on the brick instructions in the manual to disable. Bottom of page 11

The servo wire diagram with + - and signal is at the top of page 8.

Please read the entire manual, it has lots of good information and it is not that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsVortex View Post
I bought a few used Beast 3d off ebay one has the foam a little beat up and the other the rudder servo motor seems to be bad or not getting enough power. I can flick it with my finger and it will spin. Is the motor itself just glued in? I'm thinking I can just replace the motor on the servo. Right? Seems like these go bad a lot from all the ones I've seen on ebay. Can it be pulled out with out taking out the RX? I'd have to cut the glue on the RX to get it out and how exactly to do get the linkages off? Is that heat shrink or glue?
Attachment 5388724
PM'd you with removal instructions

here is a link to the replacement mechanics.

try some DeOxit too, Might save you a bunch of work.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
44 Posts
Thanks to all the replies. Got the problem sorted. Seems two things confusing me. Channel 6 not set as reversed channel 2 on the rx and tx was in heli mode (I am new to the DX7 and I don't fly helis so not sure how I managed to get that switched).
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:53 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,078 Posts
guys...a question for stock motor and prop machines using 2s. the elevator on mine is slightly bend and to get from a harrier to get it to prop hang is bloody difficult as it requires additional rudder inputs and aelerons to keep it level. once it hangs and if its a calm day I might be able to keep it there for a dunno 5-6 sec but then it just drops. cg is slightly forward from stock. my question does anyone can keep a prop hang and if so what setup please?
any recommendations how to get the elevator control surface stiffer?
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:22 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,511 Posts
I ran a thin line of hotglue from the horns to the trailing edge of the surfaces, maybe a 1/6 of an in. wide. The horns do flex too much in the surfaces. Added very little weight.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:34 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
I ran a thin line of hotglue from the horns to the trailing edge of the surfaces, maybe a 1/6 of an in. wide. The horns do flex too much in the surfaces. Added very little weight.

Gord.
will try that.. cheers
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:55 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,173 Posts
Tom, it's not the motor, it's the servo mechanics. Loosen the rear brass nut one full turn and clean every tooth on the pinion and gear to allow smoother meshing.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Tom, it's not the motor, it's the servo mechanics. Loosen the rear brass nut one full turn and clean every tooth on the pinion and gear to allow smoother meshing.
Actually I had a servo motor burn its brushes and act just like Tom described. But it can also be what you described. For mine, a little flick and it would work, just for a bit. No amount of cleaning or gear inspection fixed it. I swapped out the motor and that did it. A little more micro-soldering than I'd like!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:58 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,173 Posts
Probably because the first one burnt out because of the extra load caused by the above mentioned problems.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlta Nvmbr Ynkee View Post
I'm ok with correct input because I've been flying for just over a year I just havn't changed planes because I'm at boarding school so options are very limited
Your full-scale flying experience won't help you at all. In fact it works against you because you expect it to help.

In a full-scale airplane you have the view out the window; instruments; engine, airframe and wind sounds; and seat-of-the-pants feel to help you know when you're approaching the edges of the flight envelope. In RC you have your view of the airplane from outside, and that's about it. Sometimes it's hard to tell even which way the airplane is pointed, and that's a real surprise.

Congratulations on being a private pilot; not many people do that. It just won't help you in RC.
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yeah... some people think boats are expensive. They just don't know...
Ain't that the truth!
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrc View Post
Your full-scale flying experience won't help you at all. In fact it works against you because you expect it to help.

In a full-scale airplane you have the view out the window; instruments; engine, airframe and wind sounds; and seat-of-the-pants feel to help you know when you're approaching the edges of the flight envelope. In RC you have your view of the airplane from outside, and that's about it. Sometimes it's hard to tell even which way the airplane is pointed, and that's a real surprise.

Congratulations on being a private pilot; not many people do that. It just won't help you in RC.
I don't know, I think that for me my full scale flying helped a ton! Maybe not so much the controlling of the plane but the concepts like controlling descent with throttle, coordinating turns with rudder, and most of all realizing what happened when things do go badly.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon