HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,035 Posts
I have 5 batts ready to go.....cant wait ....its been months. Reminds me of Hi school.

Pete
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
bobly,

The AS3X advantage is HUGE!

The B3D is rock solid in the air.
Your confidence level will soar.
All maneuvers just beg to go lower and slower.

She flies big.
She flies small.
Best of both worlds.
Even in dead calm, I prefer the B3D.

On 3S power she is spectacular!
Fast and slow.
She makes all my other UMs seem a bit lacking.

I didn't understand her at first...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=620

3S power changed everything.
AS3X is icing on the tasty cake.

I keep searching for a better UM.
Might be a very long process!

rc
Thanks for the feedback RC. I've been putting a lot of batteries through the as3x Sbach recently and do realize this system helps smooth things out in wind. It also makes some things easier, but I have mixed emotions about some of those. Makes me look good with rolls at any speed when the nose stays right on point without fiddling with rudder and elevator sticks, but I had really been working hard to learn how to coordinate all three before its arrival, now I've become lazy and will have to start to learn all over again. I also think my V1 Sbach is slightly more responsive to stick movements even though v2 is set up more agressively on control rod position. I guess the only way I'll ever know what I think for sure is to break down and get an ax3x beast. But I already have 3 v1's all perfectly flyable and just spent the cash for v2 sbach and edge, so have to watch pressing my luck with the accountant around here too far.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
Sharpie pens

I've been using Sharpie pens to touch up small nicks or where I pull tape off. Did that on my new Beast wings and wound up melting the foam? Now I have two troughs where I had two scratches in the foam. Never had a problem before. Anyone else melt their foam with a Sharpie marker?
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
I've been using Sharpie pens to touch up small nicks or where I pull tape off. Did that on my new Beast wings and wound up melting the foam? Now I have two troughs where I had two scratches in the foam. Never had a problem before. Anyone else melt their foam with a Sharpie marker?
Mike
No, but can you take a picture of the sharpie you used? Most of my foam models have lots of sharpie touchups and/or additions on them - I use them with reckless abandon.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:37 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
No, but can you take a picture of the sharpie you used? Most of my foam models have lots of sharpie touchups and/or additions on them - I use them with reckless abandon.
I second the motion! Heck, I've literally "painted" whole homemade airplanes with Sharpies. I hope they didn't change their recipe to something that would harm foam.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
Well... I've been giving this a lot of thought because I really hate watching foam shrivel up. It was a Sharpie, but it was the King Sized one. I usually use the smaller ones that are pen sized. The King Sized one has that diffeerent smelll....whoa...shouldn't have wiffed the King Sized one. It's getting hard to type now.
Anyway....best not to use the King Sized Sharpie because it for sure melted little troughs in the foam.
mike....uh...I neeed some fresh air.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:56 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,233 Posts
my wife is an artist and has those monster ones about. instant headache for me. not good for the old brain.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,763 Posts
How many sizes do they make - got one about a quarter inch dia and one about 1/2" called a super sharpie laying right in front of me that I have about run dry touching up planes with.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
You hit the nail on the head---Personalities---They all behave differently...My wife can't understand why I need so many different planes...I asked her why she needed so many different shoes...To my amazement she went quiet...The silence was priceless!!!.........
OK, This post needs to stickied to the HOME PAGE of rcgroups. Post the the year, my friend!

You know why I need so many? Because I wanted a fleet of RC vehicles when I was a kid. I had one. Now as we grow into adults how much stuff do we have that we wanted as a kid? Well, there's no Ferrari AND Benz in my garage, just a well used Acura. And I don't own an airplane like I wanted as well. But I CAN have working models of what I like, and a fleet of them. Is it childish, of course it is. So what, I like it.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Last edited by shahram72; Nov 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:53 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
United States, VA, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2012
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
OK, This post needs to stickied to the HOME PAGE of rcgroups. Post the the year, my friend!

You know why I need so many? Because I wanted a fleet of RC vehicles when I was a kid. I had one. Now as we grow into adults how much stuff do we have that we wanted as a kid? Well, there's no Ferrari AND Benz in my garage, just a well used Acura. And I don't own an airplane like I wanted as well. But I CAN have working models of what I like, and a fleet of them. Is it childish, of course it is. So what, I like it.
Both you and Kevin G summarized a wonderful arguement to the time and money that goes into this hobby.
Yes.
Money, Time and Focus.
All the things that our loved ones wish were bestowed upon them with same vigor as we put into flying.

ps. I do love my family. It would be so wonderful if only they loved RC as much as I do!
ChinoDiablo is offline Find More Posts by ChinoDiablo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Plus Membership
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post

For a period and exclamation point to my arguement---She later came up to me and said, "You can only fly one plane at a time!!!"...I fired back that you can only wear one pair of shoes at a time!!!......I think that I've been "cut off" for about a month...Guys---You need to watch it---You may win the battle but she CAN win the war!!!......

This should be the sticky---A wise man once told me that if mama isn't happy---NOBODY is happy!!!......But I did get another plane in yesterday---If I'm gonna get cut off I might as well pass the time where I'M having FUN!!!......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:49 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
For a period and exclamation point to my arguement---She later came up to me and said, "You can only fly one plane at a time!!!"...I fired back that you can only wear one pair of shoes at a time!!!......I think that I've been "cut off" for about a month...Guys---You need to watch it---You may win the battle but she CAN win the war!!!......

This should be the sticky---A wise man once told me that if mama isn't happy---NOBODY is happy!!!......But I did get another plane in yesterday---If I'm gonna get cut off I might as well pass the time where I'M having FUN!!!......

Kevin
ROFLMAO ... WAYYYY to funny Kevin! I love how you think. hehe

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:54 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,233 Posts
quick question... after you plug in your battery to the plane and it does all its beeping do you wait more to let the gyro set up with the plane still or is it doing set up during the beeps? got in another 8 flights today. how much time can i expect out of hyperion 240 mah batts to a 80% run down? THANKS, WALT
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:58 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Done at last beep. I dont use 240s, but youre probably safe doing atleast seven minute flights.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Done at last beep. ...
Like the instructions say...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq