SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:30 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,427 Posts
got my charger adapter, but need to know what is the 1c charge rate for hyperion 2s 7.4v 240mah 25c batteries? thanks, walt
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
got my charger adapter, but need to know what is the 1c charge rate for hyperion 2s 7.4v 240mah 25c batteries? thanks, walt
The 1C charge rate for a 240mAh battery is 240mA.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,001 Posts
Shouldn't you be able to charge Hyperion batteries at more than 1c - I figured they would go 5c at least.

Anyway, the real reason I stopped in the Beast thread was to say, how easy we forget. Been playing with my sbach 3d recently almost exclusively and am taken back by some things it does. But today I had flown the sbach in the yard for 4 or 5 batteries and decided to grab the old old beaten up beast. Wow, it is without a doubt the yard flyer extraordinary. I roll the Sbach over to inverted and before I even get settled down it's up against the trees in one direction or almost out of sight in the other. With my old beast in the same distance, I can do two or three rolls, fly inverted for a good distance and still just do a lazy turn back across. Sometimes I'm tempted to try the new beast, but having a hard time figuring much advantage.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Shouldn't you be able to charge Hyperion batteries at more than 1c - I figured they would go 5c at least.
Yes, but he asked what the "1c charge rate" is. And, yes, they can be charged at 5c.

Yup, the Beast is great! It's many people's fav. for sure!
Last edited by erkq; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:01 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
I've been "stuck" with my Sbach for a few weeks waiting for new Beast wings and a rainy day for the fix. It was so nice to fly the Beast again. Like having a brand new plane again. So interesting to have different planes to fly. They all have their own "personality", they all fly differently. Don't have a favorite, just enjoy having options.
MIke
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
I've been "stuck" with my Sbach for a few weeks waiting for new Beast wings and a rainy day for the fix. It was so nice to fly the Beast again. Like having a brand new plane again. So interesting to have different planes to fly. They all have their own "personality", they all fly differently. Don't have a favorite, just enjoy having options.
MIke
You hit the nail on the head---Personalities---They all behave differently...My wife can't understand why I need so many different planes...I asked her why she needed so many different shoes...To my amazement she went quiet...The silence was priceless!!!.........
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
You hit the nail on the head---Personalities---They all behave differently...My wife can't understand why I need so many different planes...I asked her why she needed so many different shoes...To my amazement she went quiet...The silence was priceless!!!.........
Ha ahahha. Quick thinking on your part. I'll have to remember that one. Maybe I should write it on my palm when I spring the Edge540QQ on her.
Mike
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:37 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,427 Posts
its .2a. i found it.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
Finally had a rainy day here and put a new 2300kv/5043 motor/prop combo in the Beast. Really is much quieter on the bench. I would like to go test fly, but now it's getting dark. Supposed to have 5 days of rain here in N. Cal. I hope to sneak in a quick flight tomorrow.
Mike
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
its .2a. i found it.
That's not right. The 1c charging rate of a 240mAh battery is .24a.
.2a is a .83c charge rate.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:02 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,427 Posts
my charger only does .1, .2, .3 and so on... i dont have the option to add the 4 on there.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,038 Posts
Happy customer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
OK.

Another thing - there was a run of bad EFLU4864 bricks earlier this year that made it into the CC & B3D. We saw a few reports that were similar to yours in the B3D thread during that time; whereas we had not seen that particular problem with the earlier batches, nor have we seen it since. Depending upon which batch your B3D is from. it may have ended up with one of the bad bricks.

Joel
I purchased mine in late May and the elevator servo went south on the third flight....down she went...She snapped an interplane strut cracked the lower wing and the prop was wobbly. I put it on the shelf for awhile. A month ago I called Horizon and was really nice to them, they intern...were really helpfull and said they would replace the wings and decals and interplane struts as well as the brick.

They told me that the wings were gonna be about a month and the brick around a 6 week wait. In the meantime they asked if I could solder a new servo onto the brick, as they had that in stock. I said no go. So they sent out a new strut package and decal set. I waited....and waited some more.

Last week I called them back and asked them the ETA on the brick, they said another month. I asked if I could send the beast in for a replacement airplane. They said yes. I simply went online and printed the form, packed up the plane and sent it in with the receipt. Today the big brown airplane truck rolls up....guess what...its already here ! in less than one weeks time.

I just wanted to thank Horizon for being upfront about this whole deal.They dident build the plane or its electronics. This is one of the reasons I shop at my LHS whenever possible.

Pete Lane
sonic liner is online now Find More Posts by sonic liner
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
Gosh...I love the big, brown airplane truck.
Mike
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:19 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post

Anyway, the real reason I stopped in the Beast thread was to say, how easy we forget. Been playing with my sbach 3d recently almost exclusively and am taken back by some things it does. But today I had flown the sbach in the yard for 4 or 5 batteries and decided to grab the old old beaten up beast. Wow, it is without a doubt the yard flyer extraordinary. I roll the Sbach over to inverted and before I even get settled down it's up against the trees in one direction or almost out of sight in the other. With my old beast in the same distance, I can do two or three rolls, fly inverted for a good distance and still just do a lazy turn back across. Sometimes I'm tempted to try the new beast, but having a hard time figuring much advantage.
bobly,

The AS3X advantage is HUGE!

The B3D is rock solid in the air.
Your confidence level will soar.
All maneuvers just beg to go lower and slower.

She flies big.
She flies small.
Best of both worlds.
Even in dead calm, I prefer the B3D.

On 3S power she is spectacular!
Fast and slow.
She makes all my other UMs seem a bit lacking.

I didn't understand her at first...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=620

3S power changed everything.
AS3X is icing on the tasty cake.

I keep searching for a better UM.
Might be a very long process!

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
Very interesting reading. Times have changed in just less than a year. What a great time to be able to fly these little "Beasts".
mIke