SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:50 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,866 Posts
So I did the BEast 3D to Sbach conversion.. I like the way it came out other than one thing.. I guess I have the aileron servos plugged into the wrong ports, because it was reversed.. I used my TX to reverse that channel, and it worked how it should... EXCEPT that the AS3X is now working backwards on the aileron channel..
Is there any way to reverse this through programming?! I'd rather not open it back up, it looks so nice and new!!!

Thanks for any help.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:42 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Sorry man, even if you reprogrammed the brick you would still have to open her up.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,866 Posts
Gah.. Figured! Ok, guess I'm getting out the xacto

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:53 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
So I did the BEast 3D to Sbach conversion.. I like the way it came out other than one thing.. I guess I have the aileron servos plugged into the wrong ports, because it was reversed.. I used my TX to reverse that channel, and it worked how it should... EXCEPT that the AS3X is now working backwards on the aileron channel..
Is there any way to reverse this through programming?! I'd rather not open it back up, it looks so nice and new!!!

Thanks for any help.
no.Open it up!!! The two ways to reverse the servos both require unplugging them from the RX.

Slice the tape, don't peel it off.
Pro tip: When you reassemble use a slightly smaller pieces of tape and lay them on top of the existing tape you sliced. Now every time you take it apart you can safely peel that off and not pull the paint.
-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,119 Posts
New Trick

Went to fly last night, above a certain speed both wings started flapping like a duck flying! Landed checked and all looked fine did same on next flight. Looking closer I found prop adaptor wobbling and about to break. I guess vibration from prop excited natural frequency of wings and started them flapping!!
Luckly I found this before prop launched itself!!
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,866 Posts
Alright! Sliced the tape and switched the servo plugs. Good idea on the tape placement!!

Took her out before work this morning. Almost no breeze. She flew fantastic!! Great power, very stable. I like it! Inverted high alpha slow & low looks awesome!

Tried the 3S and it shot off like a rocket. Then it cut out. Was able to re-arm and land without incident. But i dont want that to happen again! Are people putting heatsinks on them? Not sure where to start, guess i have some searching to do. Until then I'll stick to 2S!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
I just received my Beast last night and I find that the battery tray sucks. No way to put a larger battery in so I took it out. Now I have a very nice place to put my 350 2s that I use on the Gee Bee...Laid on the long edge and pushed back through the the fuse slot to the brick the cg seems pretty close... Finding cg is another issue... seems it very hard to balance level. Tip SLIGHTLY forward and it falls forward. Tip SLIGHTLY rearward and it tips rearward...

How in the world are you guys getting 3s in and maintaining CG?
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
If you shove it back enough the battery is right on the cg.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
If you shove it back enough the battery is right on the cg.
To assist with bigger battery one small detail I do is remove the retangular lock bar from cowl and replace with thin piece of balsa, helps with taller packs.
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
I just removed the entire piece, my cowl holds tight enough with out it.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
I just received my Beast last night and I find that the battery tray sucks. No way to put a larger battery in so I took it out. Now I have a very nice place to put my 350 2s that I use on the Gee Bee...Laid on the long edge and pushed back through the the fuse slot to the brick the cg seems pretty close... Finding cg is another issue... seems it very hard to balance level. Tip SLIGHTLY forward and it falls forward. Tip SLIGHTLY rearward and it tips rearward...

How in the world are you guys getting 3s in and maintaining CG?
I can't get my Beast to balance either. Tips forward or back, but not balance. I guess that's just the nature of the Beast. I've let that go and just place the battery in a spot that flys the way I want.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
I can't get my Beast to balance either. Tips forward or back, but not balance. I guess that's just the nature of the Beast. I've let that go and just place the battery in a spot that flys the way I want.
Mike
Well, right... it's a case of unstable equilibrium when you are balancing it. You need to get it as close to the flying AOA and see which way it falls. Or you need to hang it by some point above its vertical COG.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
I just removed the entire piece, my cowl holds tight enough with out it.
+1 Been flying that way since v1.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Well, right... it's a case of unstable equilibrium when you are balancing it. You need to get it as close to the flying AOA and see which way it falls. Or you need to hang it by some point above its vertical COG.
Did not think of hanging it. Thanks.
MIke
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. BOTH on the removal of the hold down tab(not needed now that I got rid of the stock batt tray) and hanging it for cg...

Without the batt tray there is a surprisingly large area in the fuse for larger batteries.
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Last edited by rtbates; Oct 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling