HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyepuncher View Post
Awsome & informative post. Thanx. Have You eve tried 3S ? My motor
got really hot, but no problems,,,,,,,
Yes I fly my B3D on 3S quite a bit. I Added heatsinks to the FETs and to the VR and a very small scoop to the cooling hole in the bottom of the plane directly under the brick. It handles the 3000kv+5030 on 3S just fine now.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Flew my V2 today, just 2S I think I may need to go to 3S. I lost a orientation for a second and she hit the nice soft grass. Minor damage fixed in less than 5 when home with some CA.

Beast 101312 (2 min 38 sec)


I love flying this plane! Nothing spectacular just a fun flight in some decent wind.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:00 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Flew my V2 today, just 2S I think I may need to go to 3S. I lost a orientation for a second and she hit the nice soft grass. Minor damage fixed in less than 5 when home with some CA..
You know this is somewhat funny? "Flew with 2S, lost orientation, need to go to 3S".... Luckily, I know you're a good pilot, so yes, go to 3S if you want it, but reading this, if I didn't knew how good you are, I would have suggested to stay on 2S
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Flew my V2 today, just 2S I think I may need to go to 3S. I lost a orientation for a second and she hit the nice soft grass. Minor damage fixed in less than 5 when home with some CA.

http://youtu.be/QbiYDg0IUQw

I love flying this plane! Nothing spectacular just a fun flight in some decent wind.
Sometimes it's tough flying against an overcast sky where everything turns into a dark shadow, regardless of orientation.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:32 PM
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Sometimes it's tough flying against an overcast sky where everything turns into a dark shadow, regardless of orientation.
Got that way this morning. Been so spoiled here in N. Ca. for months now. Dead calm every morning until 9AM and evening after 6PM. Didn't want to bring it up as I know the East Coast guys are waiting out rain and wind to fly their new planes. Had a dark overcast morning for the first time and really had some problems with orientation. Nothing like having the plane upside down and not knowing it until I change directions.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
Registered User
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Sometimes it's tough flying against an overcast sky where everything turns into a dark shadow, regardless of orientation.
Yeah that is the deal. Its raining right now, finallly decided to after looking that way all day. Still got to fly my Beast and Spitfire again. I keep doing snap rolls over and over and on the exit I have no idea where she will be going! That and the knife edges loops! The wind kept pushing her over and that is what happened there as well as losing orientation! She was coming down out of the knife edge loop about 6-10' off the deck. She didn't make it that time!

RG - Yeah I guess that doesn't sound right!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Got that way this morning. Been so spoiled here in N. Ca. for months now. Dead calm every morning until 9AM and evening after 6PM. Didn't want to bring it up as I know the East Coast guys are waiting out rain and wind to fly their new planes. Had a dark overcast morning for the first time and really had some problems with orientation. Nothing like having the plane upside down and not knowing it until I change directions.
Mike
Helis can be even worse in those conditions. is right!
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:17 AM
Registered User
United States, MA, Salem
Joined Jul 2011
154 Posts
Tried my beast 3D on 3S with a 5030 prop and the v1 motor on rc babbels packs, added a heat sink to the fets. Could fly wide open but about 2 minutes in the motor quit and lost total control. Nose dive destroyed the airframe, but after the crash I had control and throttle again. Is this a thermal shutdown of the brick ? Anyone know where to get the airframe or full plane cheap? I would consider used if not crashed.
Boston Bob is offline Find More Posts by Boston Bob
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:41 AM
Helis and Planes
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Mar 2012
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bob View Post
Tried my beast 3D on 3S with a 5030 prop and the v1 motor on rc babbels packs, added a heat sink to the fets. Could fly wide open but about 2 minutes in the motor quit and lost total control. Nose dive destroyed the airframe, but after the crash I had control and throttle again. Is this a thermal shutdown of the brick ? Anyone know where to get the airframe or full plane cheap? I would consider used if not crashed.
I would check the forsale forum here or Kijiji or even ebay!
peeve1973 is offline Find More Posts by peeve1973
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bob View Post
Tried my beast 3D on 3S with a 5030 prop and the v1 motor on rc babbels packs, added a heat sink to the fets. Could fly wide open but about 2 minutes in the motor quit and lost total control. Nose dive destroyed the airframe, but after the crash I had control and throttle again. Is this a thermal shutdown of the brick ? Anyone know where to get the airframe or full plane cheap? I would consider used if not crashed.
This is caused by overheating of the Voltage Regulator(VR). the VR has a small metal heatspreader on the bottom of the brick. I added a heatsink to my VR for reliable 3S operation. I also added a small scoop to the cooling hole the aileron wires go through as it is directly below the VR.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Last edited by kalmon; Oct 14, 2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added image
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:25 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,719 Posts
Just picked this up at walmart. It is found in the arts and crafts section, not where regular velcro is. It's how I am going to fasten my batteries. Seems to be the same fine eflight velcro as in all eflight micro planes and helis.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:40 PM
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Just picked this up at walmart. It is found in the arts and crafts section, not where regular velcro is. It's how I am going to fasten my batteries. Seems to be the same fine eflight velcro as in all eflight micro planes and helis.
Looks great. Good one. I'm not happy paying money and shipping for the Eflight stuff.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Registered User
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,019 Posts
I just got through flying my Beast 3D in 25mph winds with gusts to 32mph!!!...I was honestly scared that when I flew it down wind I wasn't going to get it back...The video is uploading on YouTube as I write this post....I'll post the vid as soon as it becomes available...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
Registered User
shastamike's Avatar
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,704 Posts
Every time I fly in the wind my Beast gets beat up due to pilot stupidity, but I swear it has a death wish.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:29 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,719 Posts
I flew my micro T-28 in wind the other day that made some pilots of larger aircraft worry, and it did fine, of course without AS3X I had to stay on top of it and keep it steady. Was exciting.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! dkintx Micro Ready-to-Fly 10048 Today 06:02 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 04:51 PM
Discussion UM beast, Now your talking qman Micro Ready-to-Fly 102 Dec 22, 2010 10:39 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 03:00 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 09:02 PM