HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Feb 2006
77 Posts
I have not spent much time trolling through these threads in the last few weeks. Has the price of the Beast been dropped to $99? Im going to have to jump on one of these if its true. If so where can I get one for that price? I checked amazon but they still higher.
totaldoughnut is offline Find More Posts by totaldoughnut
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totaldoughnut View Post
I have not spent much time trolling through these threads in the last few weeks. Has the price of the Beast been dropped to $99? Im going to have to jump on one of these if its true. If so where can I get one for that price? I checked amazon but they still higher.
Wow this is a blast from the past!

No the Beast 3D is not $99.

Before the Beast 3D was released HH dropped the price on the Beast V1 to $99. They are discontinued now and no one, that I know of, has them in stock. The Beast3D is going for $139 as a BNF Basic. That is a great deal if you ask me.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:37 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Quick before the Pug Man gets here!!

rc

Blast From The Past (1999) - Entering the bunker.avi (3 min 8 sec)
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:34 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Place the board sideways with the ESC wires on your left, looking at the xport socket.

Starting from the left of the socket:

PIN1 is -ve
PIN2 is +ve
PIN3 is the signal
PIN 4 is left alone.
A big whoops here - I had the servo plug inverted so got it completely back to front!

Start counting the pins from the right side of the socket!!!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Oct 2006
16 Posts
UMX Beast and JR10x

Just wanted to add in this thread (since I couldn't find anything on it elsewhere) that I was able to easily bind a JR10x (spektrum module upgraded) to my new Beast.

Incase anyone else was looking for any feedback on that combo.

Doc
DeCamara is offline Find More Posts by DeCamara
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Jun 2011
117 Posts
UPS delivered mine yesterday! I am going to charge some batteries and maiden her tonight weather permitting!
Willie T is offline Find More Posts by Willie T
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
United States, MA, Salem
Joined Jul 2011
154 Posts
Had anyone tried the carbon cub floats on the beast?
Boston Bob is offline Find More Posts by Boston Bob
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bob View Post
Had anyone tried the carbon cub floats on the beast?
I don't know about the CC floats on a Beast but I have seen an Sbach on CC floats...Flew very well!!!...There's a vid or two on YouTube of it...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
770 Posts
My Beast had its final flight yesterday. after many many repairs. this 1 has ended it for good.
kicked a Stall turn at the top, ailerons roll on the way down and pulled out inverted and it tried rolling out :S there was a crack in the elevator that i think gave me some adverse roll on full down elevator
sad times.
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:01 AM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I don't know about the CC floats on a Beast but I have seen an Sbach on CC floats...Flew very well!!!...There's a vid or two on YouTube of it...

Kevin
The B3D would probably be even better, provided you have a good power system. The B3D has enough drag already adding floats would increase this even more. However the B3D has much more lift than an sbach and should make for some nice slow landings.

-Brian
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:11 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Just listed a Beast motor in the classifieds if anyone needs one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738957
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Nov 2009
185 Posts
I had a verrrry interesting flight with my Beast 3D over the weekend.

I was down fairly low in a high alpha harrier. There was a bit of wind from my back which was pushing the plane away from me. When I went to get out of the harrier to fly back the plane got very squirrely. I lost orientation for a moment but was able to get it back into a harrier which, by the way, it seemed to be doing very well except that I could not track into the wind with that much surface area for the breeze to push on. Every time I try to get out of the harrier to fly back towards me it just goes nuts. I’m scratching my head wondering if the elevator is stuck or maybe something has screwed up in the stabilizer.

I gain some altitude give it full throttle and push in about 50% down elevator to finally get it headed back towards me. As it approaches I pull back the power and do an elevator down to a very nice (if I do say so myself) harrier landing on the taxi way. All the controls seem to be working normally and I was at a loss to figure out what had happened until I went to remove the battery… which just happened to be all the way back in the tail!
Sky Writer is offline Find More Posts by Sky Writer
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:44 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Writer View Post
I had a verrrry interesting flight with my Beast 3D over the weekend.

I was down fairly low in a high alpha harrier. There was a bit of wind from my back which was pushing the plane away from me. When I went to get out of the harrier to fly back the plane got very squirrely. I lost orientation for a moment but was able to get it back into a harrier which, by the way, it seemed to be doing very well except that I could not track into the wind with that much surface area for the breeze to push on. Every time I try to get out of the harrier to fly back towards me it just goes nuts. I’m scratching my head wondering if the elevator is stuck or maybe something has screwed up in the stabilizer.

I gain some altitude give it full throttle and push in about 50% down elevator to finally get it headed back towards me. As it approaches I pull back the power and do an elevator down to a very nice (if I do say so myself) harrier landing on the taxi way. All the controls seem to be working normally and I was at a loss to figure out what had happened until I went to remove the battery… which just happened to be all the way back in the tail!
SW,

Good job getting her down well!

I knew what the problem was by the third sentence....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15166

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
Parkzone junkie
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
SW,

Good job getting her down well!

I knew what the problem was by the third sentence....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15166

rc
+1

Yeah the B3D is quite the hover machine with the battery laying back under the canopy behind the brick
Had that happen twice to me.

-Brian
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Hello, I just ordered a UMX Beast and was wondering how well it really flies stock out of the box. I'm pretty well versed in the Horizon/Blade "marketing" and I have all their micro helis and do quite well with the, especially the 130 X.

So... I ordered a UMX Beast as my first stabilized UM plane and was wondering what to expect since I can fly helis very well and larger airplanes. I already have a bunch of 2S batteries from the 130 X that should work just fine. Thanks.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)