HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts

I will pick up a few packs of 2S and 3S.

Thanks!!!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:47 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post

I will pick up a few packs of 2S and 3S.

Thanks!!!
They need to have the UMX connector or you need to solder them up.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Gonna change to JST's.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:02 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,243 Posts
USB Programmer Bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
I read all three of the posts.

The link I had was the link they had active before they released the useless Windows 7 Drivers. You can use the new download, available from the horizonhobby site here Click on the top icon that is a pdf for the instructions. On the bottom of that pdf is a unlinked link to the new download. http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...g-W7-Vista.zip

I have an Sbach that is AS3X now, I originally used the Beast3S config file, but the gains are to much on the elevator and I get oscillations. Next time I have it apart I'm going to try the 3D aerobatic file and see if that tones it down.

I'm also working on reverse engineering the config files so that we can make our own setups. It is going slowly as I have a two week old baby at home.

-Brian
I've bundled up the USB Programmer files into one zip file.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...6&d=1345708812
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
BEWARE: Newb questions below!

Are any of you guys running the Nano tech 2S and 3S 180?

And you don't need to change prop betweem 2S and 3S the way I'm understanding it?

What is this download thing you guys are talking about?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,665 Posts
Quote:

And you don't need to change prop betweem 2S and 3S the way I'm understanding it?

What is this download thing you guys are talking about?
I don't recommend the nanos on this plane as on 2S it needs good strong packs. RCbabbel makes some amazing packs for 2S. The BB Hyp240s are probably the gold standard! On 3S I doubt there would be much difference in any packs. The plane can hover at less than 1/2 throttle!

Prop change is not required but I'd guess the 5030 would be the better choice on 3S as you're already getting an obscene amount of power. I run my B3D with a 3000kv Motor and 5030 on 2S and 3S. The 2300kv motor and 5030 is a little weak on 2S so most people run a 5043 on it. It'd probably be a pain to switch the props every time you switch between 2s and 3S packs.

If you do run 3S be mindful of your flight times. There will be no LVC to warn you if the pack gets low, not that LVC is a good warning anyways.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Thanks!!
I'll check them out!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:41 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Quote:

Nothing wrong with the 180 2S Nanotechs, Ive got 12 packs and they are fine on a standard B3D!!!!
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:08 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504 View Post
Nothing wrong with the 180 2S Nanotechs, Ive got 12 packs and they are fine on a standard B3D!!!!
Now the important question, have you flown the plane on some high quality hyp240 packs as well?

Even the cheap e-flite 180s will fly a B3D "fine" but upgrading to a good pack is a noticeable, measurable, reproducible improvement.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,504 Posts
Quote:
Now the important question, have you flown the plane on some high quality hyp240 packs as well?

Even the cheap e-flite 180s will fly a B3D "fine" but upgrading to a good pack is a noticeable, measurable, reproducible improvement.

-Brian
+ <some big number>!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,121 Posts
Scratch build

My Beast is about wore out.
Anyone build one from ground up?
The cabines and wires look tricky.
TimQ
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:28 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
+ <some big number>!
+ <infinity>!...

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:03 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:

-Brian
Depends what you want to do with your airplane... I have Turnigy, Hyperion, Thunder Power, even started flying Rhino in my UMX. Personally, I just love to fly A LOT and not bother to charge while in the field. So, for me, it's more important to have more fly time, even at the cost of top performance and often shorter flight (since they are only 180mah). I would not touch them if I could not do any of the standard moves (hover, KE, etc). But overall, the only thing lacking is top speed and vertical. I'm not a speed freak and I like to keep my airplane close. The Beast is great with those small batteries, but I even fly all my 2S fleet with them (including the Mig). Yet, on my videos, I never saw anybody say: "Your Mig look broken, it's so slow...." This summer weather has been really bad, yet, I got over 100 flights on my Mig in no time, again, thanks to having lots of batteries.

So, I feel bad when I see somebody saying: "I got 3 flights today, or I got 5 flights today" Only reason I can bring 20 batteries with me at the field (and often fly them all, without recharging once) is because I fly a whole bunch of those Nanotech 180mah. Almost nobody bother to recharge in the field. Personally, I prefer to carry one extra airplane rather than a charging station.

Sadly though, now that there's only one buddy code per order, they are not such a good deal anymore. At $2.56 each, there was no argument. At $5 each, suddenly the other batteries are worth the investment.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Quote:

-Brian
I run the miniaviation packs too and see zero difference in performance, I could still hover it and go vertical till I couldnt see it
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Mar 2011
49 Posts
Simon,
I really cant believe you cant feel any difference between the e-flite and MA batteries! Its complete night and day with mine. Still flies with the e-flite but its very lethargic. Maybe your not pushin it enough yet, you like lazy cruises or full throttle aerobatics?

Lex
minimadlex is offline Find More Posts by minimadlex