SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:33 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,341 Posts


1,000?
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post


1,000?

Yep, but the Beast truly deserve it!

Thanks you HH, QQ, Kevin, Brian (RIP), and everybody else who has worked on that airplane! The V1 was awesome, and they did manage to make it better with AS3X (still like the V1 too myself, though)
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
In thrust we trust
phoam's Avatar
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
yeah only a couple posts short of 1000 pages. Then when you're done you can go read the B3D thread!!


-Brian
Thanks for the link! I had just assumed v1 and v2 were both lumped into this thread
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:42 PM
Too much is just not enough...
Woody_99's Avatar
Joined Jan 2009
1,075 Posts
I think I know the answer from scanning this thread, but I'm going to ask anyway in case I missed it:

Since it seems that the AS3X system turns on with throttle activation, is there a way to turn it off?

There are times when I would like to have it turned off after it has been activated, if that is possible.

Thanks!
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:10 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
I think I know the answer from scanning this thread, but I'm going to ask anyway in case I missed it:

Since it seems that the AS3X system turns on with throttle activation, is there a way to turn it off?

There are times when I would like to have it turned off after it has been activated, if that is possible.

Thanks!
With the EFLU4864 brick that's used in the Beast 3D, Gee Bee, Carbon Cub) there is no means of turning AS3X off after it is engaged by advancing the throttle. The new user-programmable AS6410NBL brick comes with AS3X disabled. It is enabled by the user with the programming cable. Once enabled, it behaves like the EFLU4864 - there is no means of turning it off after the throttle is advanced.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
94 Posts
I've searched and looked thru the manual and I haven't seen a way to adjust the ailerions? Some how the two ailerions on the starboard side are missaligned. When the bottom one is set correctly, the top one is low? Is there a way to pop out the arm that connects them and adjust it? I pressed a bit, but didn't want to break anything. I need more space between the control surfaces.

If not adjustable, do you try to set them so they counteract each other?

Thanks
MileHighTakeOff is offline Find More Posts by MileHighTakeOff
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:33 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,472 Posts
You adjust by bending the linkages carefully to get things as close as possible. Then trim in flight with TX. These aren't really precision craft.
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:49 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
Endlesslag's Avatar
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,060 Posts
Yeah, at this size it doesn't matter much. if it's close enough it's close enough.
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:51 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
ok 1000 pages and hard to search, so I'll pop a question that probably been answerd before 100 times...

My Beast (with AS3X) does terrible wing rocking when flown in a harrier. Have you guys found any solutuion to this? Rollrate at 100% D/R is extreme but I guess mechanicly giveing the surfaces more throw cobined with a lower D/R in the Tx might be one option to try?!
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
ok 1000 pages and hard to search, so I'll pop a question that probably been answerd before 100 times...

My Beast (with AS3X) does terrible wing rocking when flown in a harrier. Have you guys found any solutuion to this? Rollrate at 100% D/R is extreme but I guess mechanicly giveing the surfaces more throw cobined with a lower D/R in the Tx might be one option to try?!
A forward CG can cause wing-rock during high-alpha maneuvers. AoA also comes onto play. Try moving the CG aft a couple millimeters or so, and try increasing or decreasing the AoA a bit.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Fish99's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
ok 1000 pages and hard to search, so I'll pop a question that probably been answerd before 100 times...

My Beast (with AS3X) does terrible wing rocking when flown in a harrier. Have you guys found any solutuion to this? Rollrate at 100% D/R is extreme but I guess mechanicly giveing the surfaces more throw cobined with a lower D/R in the Tx might be one option to try?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
A forward CG can cause wing-rock during high-alpha maneuvers. AoA also comes onto play. Try moving the CG aft a couple millimeters or so, and try increasing or decreasing the AoA a bit.

Joel
+1 to Joel's answer. I also found that I was getting TONS or wing rock when I was learning to Harrier. Since then, and with practice on 2 other larger planes, I have learned that it has a LOT to do with throttle management and micro aileron and rudder inputs. Short burps or bumps on the throttle to slightly increase airflow from the prop help stabalize the wings. Timed with very small aileron corrections to anticipate or stop the wing rock and turning using RUDDER has sure helped me in making my harriers MUCH more solid.

(FYI Joel, decided to come back onto the thread as I have been checking in and sure seems like it is back on track! Great stuff being shared here, very informative, especially the bit on how to get a KE Spin ... I have to try that!)

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:16 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
I have learned that it has a LOT to do with throttle management and micro aileron and rudder inputs. Short burps or bumps on the throttle to slightly increase airflow from the prop help stabalize the wings. Timed with very small aileron corrections to anticipate or stop the wing rock and turning using RUDDER has sure helped me in making my harriers MUCH more solid.

Marlin
Hi Marlin,

Thanks for your advice. I have used this technique since starting to fly 3D 10 years ago, always keept to geard motors for maximum burst capaility. How ever I thought the AS3X would solve the "problem" and maybe it does if I check the CG, ballance the prop and try again :-)

Torpis Aggressor from 2004 (3 min 32 sec)
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Fish99's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Hi Marlin,

Thanks for your advice. I have used this technique since starting to fly 3D 10 years ago, always keept to geard motors for maximum burst capaility. How ever I thought the AS3X would solve the "problem" and maybe it does if I check the CG, ballance the prop and try again :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chl6B_wBvRw
LOL .. you obviously know more about 3D flying than me! Sorry bout that.

As for any specific to the Beast 3D tiips gotta go with Joel on that. I did find that higher AoA harriers, which of course require more thrust, tended to be more stable, for obvious reasons. Just a little twitchy and I, at least, need to watch my elevator. In some planes I can, once my Tx D/R that I use for Harrier is set up, just lock the ele on FULL and control pitch and wing rock with ailerons and throttle. With the Beast 3D I am finding that with the higher AoA it is more stable but I have to manipulate elevator in sync with thrust to keep the AoA stable, or it can tend to pop up into the vertical.

Hope that makes sense, and no offense intended my friend.

Marlin

PS: Just got back to the house and could watch the video ... WOW, are you ever better at 3D than me! Fantastic flying man!
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Last edited by Fish99; Jul 13, 2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: PS Added
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:01 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
LOL .. you obviously know more about 3D flying than me! Sorry bout that.

As for any specific to the Beast 3D tiips gotta go with Joel on that. I did find that higher AoA harriers, which of course require more thrust, tended to be more stable, for obvious reasons. Just a little twitchy and I, at least, need to watch my elevator. In some planes I can, once my Tx D/R that I use for Harrier is set up, just lock the ele on FULL and control pitch and wing rock with ailerons and throttle. With the Beast 3D I am finding that with the higher AoA it is more stable but I have to manipulate elevator in sync with thrust to keep the AoA stable, or it can tend to pop up into the vertical.

Hope that makes sense, and no offense intended my friend.

Marlin

PS: Just got back to the house and could watch the video ... WOW, are you ever better at 3D than me! Fantastic flying man!
Thanks again for the advices. I too always says never blaim the airplane, just go practice haha
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:03 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
With my 180mAh battery located under the cowling I had a CG at 15mm, moved the battery back one whole length so that the whole battery is hidden under the top fuselage to get the stated 19mm CG.

I also reshaped the spinner useing half throttle and a sandpaper, propably not the first one to do this. I then used small pices of clear tape to ballance the prop. I reduced the vibration from too much to a lever resonable.



henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! dkintx Micro Ready-to-Fly 10102 Today 12:41 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion UM beast, Now your talking qman Micro Ready-to-Fly 102 Dec 22, 2010 11:39 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread monitor Parkflyers 913 Oct 04, 2005 10:02 PM