Yeah I just found out about it this morning and.....is it here yet !! LOL
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2010, 04:06 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Hi all

I was visiting the Horizon Air Meet 2010 in Donauwörth today and the 4 boys from the US that are over here right now, amongst them the master Quique Somenzini himself had 4 or 5 of those little sweeties with them. They were not officially announced but the US gang was using them as toys during their breaks and all of a sudden there was a swarm of them in the air behind the service hangar! I spotted them and went to the Horizon information tent only to find 3 or 4 other guys who were there as well asking to see it. So one of the Horizon folks went back into the secured area where the boys were playing and brought one forward to the public tent. We (the 5 of us there who knew about it already) were able to look at it and fiddle around with it. It is super light but extremely nice. All the wires in the wings are carbon rods and the whole construction is surprisingly solid. Here are some pics I was able to take before they brought it back behind the fence...
My observations of seeing it flying...it can do what the big one can do as well, from a distance one of the flights looked very similar to the one Quique showed us with the large one later so I assume it was him practicing...or just having fun

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Last edited by anj4de; Aug 21, 2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 04:34 PM
Sandefjord Norway
Joined Feb 2007
102 Posts
Nice

Nice pictures

Andreas
sundtair is offline Find More Posts by sundtair
Old Aug 21, 2010, 04:49 PM
Joined Aug 2008
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anj4de View Post
Hi all

I was visiting the Horizon Air Meet 2010 in Donauwörth today and the 4 boys from the US that are over here right now, amongst them the master Quique Somenzini himself had 4 or 5 of those little sweeties with them. They were not officially announced but the US gang was using them as toys during their breaks and all of a sudden there was a swarm of them in the air behind the service hangar! I spotted them and went to the Horizon information tent only to find 3 or 4 other guys who were there as well asking to see it. So one of the Horizon folks went back into the secured area where the boys were playing and brought one forward to the public tent. We (the 5 of us there who knew about it already) were able to look at it and fiddle around with it. It is super light but extremely nice. All the wires in the wings are carbon rods and the whole construction is surprisingly solid. Here are some pics I was able to take before they brought it back behind the fence...
My observations of seeing it flying...it can do what the big one can do as well, from a distance one of the flights looked very similar to the one Quique showed us with the large one later so I assume it was him practicing...or just having fun

cheers
Uwe
That's awesome! Thank you!
forrest225 is offline Find More Posts by forrest225
Old Aug 21, 2010, 04:57 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
now this will tempt me into buying a new micro.....

brushless - awesome
bipe - awesome
Paint scheme - awesome

Just plain awesome out the box.
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:00 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,136 Posts
i tried this with the same motor when parkzone first put out the sukhoi but all my stuff wa too heavy now look one year and 4 months later a freaking brushless bipe cant wait too bad ill be in basic when it comes out guess what im getting inbetween basic and A school!!!! ill have that fresh Uncle Sam paycheck and a list of new planes to buy!!!

it looks similar to the sukhoi

i cant wait to buy all the guts for about three or four planes worth then throw one in a p-51, a sukhoi, and a micro t-28!!!

brushless MICROS!!!!!!!!!
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:33 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Thank you Uwe.

From your pictures, I'm not sure, but it seem like the tail wheel may have a slightly different design than the other UM? I'm simply hoping it's not pushing up on the rudder when you land hard.

So, is it the same usual push up on the rudder design, or did they bring it through some sort of hinge to relieve the pressure on the rudder when landing?

Thanks

P.S.: Did anybody there took any video of the Beasts in flight, or was it forbidden.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:39 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
I am sure there will be videos of the big beast's flights on the web soon. The swarm of UMBs was too far away to get a clear shot but there is a nice flying video on youtube with Mr. Beast as the pilot...every time I watch it I can't get that grin out of my face anymore...vertical acceleration on a Lipo so small like the front of my thump...and those role rates...

UMX Beast BNF by E-flite (1 min 34 sec)

I can not say anything about the other questions since I am (so far) neither a micro pilot nor a acrobatic or even 3D guy...my world are the scale like war birds...but this one will be in my hangar for sure!

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Last edited by anj4de; Aug 21, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 06:05 PM
Joined Jul 2006
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Miller View Post
The adapter cable to use 2 1S batteries comes with the plane.
Very nice
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Aug 21, 2010, 06:29 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Uwe, thanks for the awsome pics, at 1st glance of the 1st pic (without realizing the depth of field) I thought it was a 25- or 40 size.

Wow how sweet, those pics only further sealed an already done deal for me on this one. I'm waaayyy in
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Aug 21, 2010, 06:50 PM
USA, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2009
812 Posts
Yes sirree! I also see a cover made out of something for the open servo on the bottom. Goodness knows what might get caught in there.
benski is offline Find More Posts by benski
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:03 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Thanks for the quick answer Uwe. Well, at least, thanks to you, we know that production seem to be well on it's way since you saw a bunch of them in the sky. Seem way past prototyping. On top of that, the pictures show that quality is there too!. So most likely there won't be any delays and those little birds will come out soon!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:55 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
anj4de Thanks for the pictures and report! Infomation is vital for survival!(or keeping a thread alive. If it flys anyting like the real beast that would be a winner!
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:14 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
I must admit, I'm surprised parkzone didn't just make two small formed and colour coded servo covers for the bottom servos. They would weigh next to nothing but improve the look greatly... All whilst keeping the servos safer. Seems a shame to have such a beautiful plane with two ugly servos attached to the bottom.
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:23 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
I must admit, I'm surprised parkzone didn't just make two small formed and colour coded servo covers for the bottom servos. They would weigh next to nothing but improve the look greatly... All whilst keeping the servos safer. Seems a shame to have such a beautiful plane with two ugly servos attached to the bottom.
The way I look at it, somebody will make a mold, punch thousand of them and sell them on Ebay one week after the Beast came out!