SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 28, 2003, 06:43 PM
Superhero, Third Class
Carson City, NV
Joined Nov 2000
888 Posts
Two identical servos that aren't...identical?

In my recently-finished Beech18, I used CS26BBs and an FMA servo reverser for the mains retracts. I found that I couldn't get them to quit stalling altogether in the up position, but if I backed off a couple of clicks on the retract switch(it's a slider), the growling stopped without the wheels starting to lower. Well, one leg collapsed on the model's second landing, stripping the servo's gears, so I replaced them with HS85MGs. Now, when I back off the up position to stop the stalling, one servo immediately starts to move, so that when the stalling stops, that wheel is slightly lowered.

I don't know why one servo would start to move when the other doesn't. Is there something user-adjustable inside the servo that would allow me to put them in better sync with each other?

Thanks,
Jeff
astroboy is offline Find More Posts by astroboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2003, 09:01 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,185 Posts
JR offers their "Matchbox" to allow for perfect servo matching. Futaba has a similar device. Without these gadgets it is a tough job to get them all to behave well together when used in tandem.

Click to see the matchbox device.

RC-CAM
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM