1,122 Posts
Subscribed
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:30 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,331 Posts
Well last months ago i had problems with my 129 (fuse moded) with the new 850mAh batteries... it didnt wanted to fly.. no power to leave ground effect barelly..

That meant 2 options .. either 2 batteries (who are not much old , half year) are equaly ruined.. or the motor is giving up .. the later is what i tought most probably given Horizon products lack of reliability (3 motors and 1 receiver in the Champ and one tail rotor in the 120SR).. to know for sure i ordered a nanotech 950mAh 25C lipo in my last HK order .. it weights the same as the generic cheap eba y 850s i was using.. and oddly it flew well with the new nanotech meaning the motor is fine and the 2 batteries ruined at same time (wich being cheap from ebay is not surprising despite both claiming 20C and not enduring more than 8C ever)

But.. the interesting thing is that while i contemplated the posibility of a ruined motor i checked in ebay and found this:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/EFLITE-BLADE-...item58957175da

Its expensive (arround 20€ including shiping, with that i can buy 2 or 3 outrunners) but if its true what they claim a more powerfull and reliable motor is sure interesting...

anyone got that?
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:42 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Oh yeah. If you go read the main 120SR thread, you will find that quite a few people use the Xtreme motor. It has received so many praises that I went and ordered one myself. I was expecting my stock motor to poop out and install it, but it is still kicking strong. So, I have an Xtreme motor waiting in the wings, but I have not tried it, yet.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:45 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,331 Posts
Im subscribed to the main 120SR thread too but didnt noticed it

Also found a review thread in helifreak and also found it way cheaper lookin more in ebay so i will probably get it.. i asked here since its a mod

the funny thing now is people mentioning they do backflips and so with the 120 and i have no clue how to do it (i think that if i just pull back it will raise the nose 90 and then rocket down to ground backwards )
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:41 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Go to the main thread and do a search. You'll find them. This is the mod thread, but it has no traffic. Did you notice that last post before yours was over 5 months ago? You're lucky that I have subscribed to it. Otherwise, you will be very lonely here. LOL.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:48 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,331 Posts
Thanks... turned out the thread i was subscribed was a minor different one ... subscribing to the new ..
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:41 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
Still subscribed, i forgot i have a 120!
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:12 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Hi all, great thread.
Was hoping you could help me. I am putting the lights from the mcx2 and putting them in a red stock 120sr canopy. With a spot under the nose and custom making a boom with the flashing red on the tail.
My question is what type of load resistor should I put in since the voltage is quite different I don't want to possibly fry the nav diodes/lights.

Thanks in advance,
Moya.
Moya is offline Find More Posts by Moya
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:22 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Don't both use a 1s battery? So same voltage? The 120 uses a larger capacity battery is all.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Don't both use a 1s battery? So same voltage? The 120 uses a larger capacity battery is all.
You sir are correct.. And with my very first post.. I /facepalm myself....lol
Well, gonna wire it up over the next few days when time allows...if anyone wants to see the results ill post a pic or two.

Moya

Btw...fellow Michigander here....just got sick of the cold and snow....can't fly in the snow!!
Last edited by Moya; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:42 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
It is snowing in Virginia Beach! So, that would ground the SR 120 helicopters, right?

NO WAY!!!!

Dudes & Dudettes: I've got skis!

Check it out:

http://youtu.be/pF6kB_Ezdpw
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=17180

Not everyone thinks so, lol
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:11 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
LOL! Thanks. I was going to post that!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:32 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moya View Post
You sir are correct.. And with my very first post.. I /facepalm myself....lol
Well, gonna wire it up over the next few days when time allows...if anyone wants to see the results ill post a pic or two.

Moya

Btw...fellow Michigander here....just got sick of the cold and snow....can't fly in the snow!!
I would like to see the finished product... what did the lights cost you?
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:57 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
I would like to see the finished product... what did the lights cost you?
Around $6.00 for the mcx2 lights...the whole project is a bit pricy as i bought a tail boom just to modify with a blinking red light on top of the tail rotor motor.

And ya i'll post pics when done and she's flying.

Side note...just ordered the extreme motor and I'm sick of breaking ball ends so got the upgrades to aluminum from shaft to head. Probably should have spent it on my 130x but I like these 120's.
Last edited by Moya; Jan 30, 2013 at 08:30 PM.