Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:46 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
This may be a long time proyect..

But what do you guys think of fitting this bird with a lama A300 fuselaje?

I think total lenght of the body is 38cm .. longer than the 32cm 120SR.. but the Huey has a nose quite longer than the 120SR
That's a good lookin' fuse. Do you have the weight info?

I am brandy new to this whole thing, but I am sure that loading up a lot of gear on these micros is not gonna end well for anyone, so I am keeping my eye out for the lightest stuff I can find (chuckle)...
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:57 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,816 Posts
tracknoob....did you see this...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1577

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Feb 03, 2011, 10:06 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
tracknoob....did you see this...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1577

Ridgewalker
Cool!

No, I had not taken notice of that earlier -- pretty cool setup!

Still running it that way?

My idea for my 'fleet' of E-flites from mCX2 through B400 is to find well-fitting, and different livery for each of them, eventually.

Got the CP Pro2 outfitted with the off the shelf E-Flite UH-1 item, so that was a breeze.

I'm hoping darthdk has something in the hopper for my B400...

So getting a little something for the 120Sr would be cool. I had been thinking along the lines of a Hughes 300... light, easy, open boom...

And I've seen some neat stuff for the mCX2 size from MIA....
Old Feb 08, 2011, 05:30 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,816 Posts
Thanks!

"Still running it that way?"

Yes....BUT,not lately....since i got the Champ plane, i have been building foam planes flying the champ and that has led me to wanting to learn FPV flying!!(lots to learn there!)....and waiting for winter to just go away..lol

Ridgewalker
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:16 AM
Joined Feb 2011
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-yeah View Post
You probably mean the don't crash MOD. Because if you fly outside much, and you crash down at all, sooner than later your gonna lose this $3.50 part. Just trying to save myself and maybe some of these other guys the dough. MONEY MAKES THE ROTOR GO AROUND.
Thank you for the tip's!
james1300 is offline Find More Posts by james1300
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:01 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Joined Mar 2011
30 Posts
Did nobody make a fuse mod on their 120 SR?
I saw a lot of people did it to their HoneyBee FP V2 to protect the receiver unit in case you forget to cut the throttle when you crash, but I have yet to see anyone do it to their 120SR? Is it not necessary for this heli?
Crystal92 is offline Find More Posts by Crystal92
Last edited by Crystal92; Mar 15, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:34 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal92 View Post
Did nobody make a fuse mod on their 120 SR?
I saw a lot of people did it to their HoneyBee FP V2 to protect the receiver unit in case you forget to cut the throttle when you crash, but I have yet to see anyone do it to their 120SR? Is it not necessary for this heli?
no its not.... I have not tried it on my 120sr,, but I know for sure on the MSR and mCPX they have overload protection so if the blades stop the motor shuts down.... I assume from the lack of burnt out 5-in-1's this heli has it too, especially since the MSR, which came before it, and the mCPX, which came after it, both have it...
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:18 PM
Joined Dec 2004
115 Posts
Glad I found this thread!!!!!!!!!! Will be shaving off that rear left skid for sure. My tail blade bearing thingy is long gone...oh well....and Track I will be putting lights on following your specs!!!!!
mphsjeep is offline Find More Posts by mphsjeep
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:39 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphsjeep View Post
Glad I found this thread!!!!!!!!!! Will be shaving off that rear left skid for sure. My tail blade bearing thingy is long gone...oh well....and Track I will be putting lights on following your specs!!!!!
WOOT! Leave the dark side! Come to the light!

Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:06 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen
Joined Mar 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
no its not.... I have not tried it on my 120sr,, but I know for sure on the MSR and mCPX they have overload protection so if the blades stop the motor shuts down.... I assume from the lack of burnt out 5-in-1's this heli has it too, especially since the MSR, which came before it, and the mCPX, which came after it, both have it...
Okay, thanks for the info.
Crystal92 is offline Find More Posts by Crystal92
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:23 AM
Joined Dec 2004
115 Posts
One of those lightbulb moments!!!!!!!

How to make a custom Blade 120 SR canopy (6 min 29 sec)
Old Mar 17, 2011, 05:39 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphsjeep View Post
One of those lightbulb moments!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSVPeAmmEPQ
Typical kid -- throw away the toy, and play with the box it came in!

Seriously, tho' -- good work!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:26 PM
Joined Dec 2004
115 Posts
In all fairness I found the vid on Utube but it was of those captain obvious things. I just bought a replacement canopy and plan to use the case canopy to rig up the lights in.....
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:04 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,188 Posts
Well well ...
In a quite nice strike of luck.. today while i was at the LHS looking for fiberglass (wich nobody has in like 300km away) look what i found :

Yeap.. the very same fuselage i was thinking in buying some time to adapt to the Blade 120SR.. i will not adapt it now.. first i want to get the hand on this bird.. but so far things look promising:

Lenght is really similar.. i think that to adapt this i will have to use the method of loosing the tail boom and embeb directly the tail motor in the fuselaje right?
This fuse only looks like a couple cm longer anyway.. its almost a perfect fit..

For those who were asking how much this fuse weights:

Looks fine right?

Also weighted the 120SR with the low budget training gear without battery:

More usefull if i knew how the 120SR weights empty without batt.. i weighted the 120 without both gears (training and standard) and it came at 87g .. that means that both gears are 30g wich is more than the Huey fuselage weights

Also the Huey fuseleage comes with a couple leds with cables included... dont know if they blink by themselves or controled by the Lama A300 board.. but could be usefull for later

PD: I posted all this by mistake in the main 120SR thread.. now i copy the same post here where it belongs as i posted it there.. sorry for being so lazy
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:22 PM
USA, MI, Traverse City
Joined Dec 2010
346 Posts
Great thread! I especially like and am interested in the light mods...
bunger is offline Find More Posts by bunger