HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:55 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Discussion
Plans to build a DIY antenna tracker mount?

Does anyone know if there are plans/instructions out there to build my own antenna tracker mount? I'd really appreciate any information you may have.

The commercial ones I've seen look a bit expensive, could I build one using standard servos to drive the pan and tilt on the ground?

Thanks

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2010, 03:39 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,941 Posts
I've seen your craftsmanship on your other builds Matt. I don't think you'd have any trouble coming up with something. Things like this are not hard to build, most of us are just lazy

I'm building a tilt mechanism for my gopro next week from scratch.

Welcome to FPV by the way! My other build has ground to a halt because of this addiction...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:31 AM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,146 Posts
The carbon fibre one ive seen that i want to eventually build is pretty good, but required 2 x 60 servos and has no dimensions. So might be too dear for you.

Should be pretty easy to knock up a basic version though, depends on how big and how many antenna you want to the throw round
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64