SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:33 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Discussion
More fun for the birthers

A comedy of epic proportions, or $20,000 worth of fun.
Quote:
WASHINGTON ó The Supreme Court has upheld a $20,000 fine against a leader of the movement challenging President Barack Obama's citizenship.

The high court on Monday refused to block a federal judge's October 2009 ruling that required California lawyer and dentist Orly Taitz to pay the $20,000 fine for filing a "frivolous" litigation. The judge said Taitz attempted to misuse the federal courts to push a political agenda.
link: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...8vEDQD9HKKL1O0

If your dentist is also a lawyer, what does this tell you about the quality of their work?
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:35 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
The judge said Taitz attempted to misuse the federal courts to push a political agenda.
Tell me; how often do we hear of judges dismissing cases as being "frivilous"?

There are tons of cases, many medical based, that are "frivilous" (I'm thinking of the hot coffee McDonalds millionaire here as only one of hundreds of thousand of frivilous cases that went to court).

So since there has yet to be solid evidence that proves beyond all doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, why would this particular case be "frivilous"?

Which brings us to the quote above, and should we not point out that it's the judge who is pushing his own political agenda by misusing his power to protect a political figure?
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Last edited by Highflight; Aug 16, 2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: sphellinng
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:11 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
//..
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Last edited by BE77 Pilot; Sep 22, 2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:17 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I tend to agree. It is obvious the SCOTUS is for some reason afraid of obama. Obama openly and incorrectly criticized the court in his state of the union speech, something that is unheard of and shows the blatant disregard obama has for them, yet they continue to protect him. Something is up with that.
Sorosbots planted in key positions
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:36 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
[q...
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Tell me; how often do we hear of judges dismissing cases as being "frivilous"?

There are tons of cases, many medical based, that are "frivilous" (I'm thinking of the hot coffee McDonalds millionaire here as only one of hundreds of thousand of frivilous cases that went to court).
Oh, pul-leeze

How many times has the McDonalds coffee case been discussed in this forum?

Certainly enough times for anyone giving it a moment's honest assessment to see that the case was far from frivolous.

If that's an example of a case that you would consider frivolous then perhaps a touch of recalibration as to what the term actually means is in order.

Quote:
So since there has yet to be solid evidence that proves beyond all doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, why would this particular case be "frivilous"?
Has any other President been required to show beyond doubt where he was born? is there any Precedent for Presidents?

What about Senator McCain? He was born in the Pananma Canal zone, on a US military base, wasn't he, yet ran for President. Did you see Senator McCain's original birth certificate, or even ask to see it?

Quote:
Which brings us to the quote above, and should we not point out that it's the judge who is pushing his own political agenda by misusing his power to protect a political figure?
As the owl said - O Rly?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:47 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,168 Posts
This woman was hoping to profit from this, and definitely was using the courts to get publicity, and if she could have deposed the president in her Dental office/lawyer office, as she sought, this would have made her a hero of the right with her own show on Fox News channel and a possible candidate for political office.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:48 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Can she wink?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:50 PM
Try the Truth for a change
home on the range
Joined Apr 2007
183 Posts
Thanks Tolladay for bringing this Umm... "Fairytale" up again. This is the exact stuff that drives me further towards the middle. No matter how much evidence is given the birther group will not believe it. Sort of like Bigfoot only more pathetic.

And NO I donít like Mr. Obama.

And NO I am not a Left wing nutjob.

I just use my mind for gathering facts and evaluating them for a conclusion that isnít party blinded.
Bill Henley is offline Find More Posts by Bill Henley
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:55 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Henley View Post
Thanks Tolladay for bringing this Umm... "Fairytale" up again. This is the exact stuff that drives me further towards the middle. No matter how much evidence is given the birther group will not believe it. Sort of like Bigfoot only more pathetic.

And NO I donít like Mr. Obama.

And NO I am not a Left wing nutjob.

I just use my mind for gathering facts and evaluating them for a conclusion that isnít party blinded.
I rank it right up there with the 9/11 conspiracy. Still awaiting proof on both.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:57 PM
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
Quote:
I tend to agree. It is obvious the SCOTUS is for some reason afraid of obama. Obama openly and incorrectly criticized the court in his state of the union speech, something that is unheard of and shows the blatant disregard obama has for them, yet they continue to protect him. Something is up with that.
Yeah, what the heck is wrong with Sam Alito and Clarence Thomas? Just another example of flaming liberal, activist, malcontent judges trying to legislate from the bench. It's Lefties like this that give the SCOTUS a bad name. Outrageous!!!
Rufcut is offline Find More Posts by Rufcut
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:20 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
[..
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
Try the Truth for a change
home on the range
Joined Apr 2007
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
I rank it right up there with the 9/11 conspiracy. Still awaiting proof on both.
All the un-biased evidence I've seen supports Mr. Obama being born in Hawaii, and also supports there was no 9/11 conspiracy other than the Al-Qaeda terrorists. Show me some solid verifiable evidence and I will change my mind. Just because some group with an agenda makes up a story they say is true doesn’t make it so.
Bill Henley is offline Find More Posts by Bill Henley
Last edited by Bill Henley; Aug 16, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Could it possibly have something to do with upholding the law?
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay