Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
Joined Sep 2009
102 Posts
Discussion
Best place to buy EPP for shipping international?

Hello fellow flyers.

I want to order some EPP plates 9mm white, for my scratchbuilds. But I got no experience with buying EPP online from online shops. EPP is not sold in Norway, so I need another source for thoose plates.

Does anyone know about a good site to buy EPP from without killing me with expensive shipping?

Hopeing for answer

Thanks ~~

Regards-
NorwegianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by NorwegianFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:22 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,350 Posts
http://www.rcskyflyer.com/ContactUs.html
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:25 PM
E-flyer
City of Sundsvall, Sweden
Joined Sep 2002
49 Posts
Hi!

I've made a note about a German site, but never bought anything there myself. Have a look at:

http://www.epp-versand.de/

In German, but you can have Google to translate it if you want. They have a Unit price for shipping, hopefully that helps.

I have actually bought some EPP planes from England, www.flyingwings.co.uk, and they sell EPP sheets as well. Shipping was very costly though...

/Martin
maosl is offline Find More Posts by maosl
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:30 PM
Joined Sep 2009
102 Posts
Seems cheap to buy from FlyingWings, only 7 british pund for shipping to Norway. Only problem is, will it come fine or will it come broken? Big chanse for getting broken plates?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:46 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,350 Posts
EPP is not easily broken. the material is very pliable.while you are placing your foam order also order 1x6 and .06x5mm CF strip for stiffeners and spars
if you are going to use foam thinner than 9mm then you will need to downsize the strip.
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Aug 17, 2010, 02:49 AM
Foam friendly
Pocket Valley - Norway
Joined Aug 2008
26 Posts
Norwegianflyer;
I also need 5 sheets of 9mm and 5 sheets of 3mm.
If you live somewhere close to Oslo we can split the shipping cost.

/Stein
Stein Nilsen is offline Find More Posts by Stein Nilsen
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:27 PM
Joined Sep 2009
102 Posts
I made an order from www.flyingwings.co.uk. For 54 british punds. But I didnt get a confirmation mail from them? Anyone bought something from there and know why? I got a mail from paypal thought, that said the money was paid.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:26 AM
Holmegaard, Denmark
Joined Jul 2007
54 Posts
Hi.

I just bought epp for more than 100 euros at EPP-Versand.
I ordered it the 16. at 10 pm. 12 hours later I got a confirmation mail and according to to the track and trace nr, I also got, it will be delivered tomorrow the 19. I live in Denmark. That's fast! And the shipping costs is only 15 euros (114 dkr.) It is more expensive to send a packet like that from Saelland to Jutland. And as mentioned earlier they have unit price on shipping, so it would be same price to Norway.

Hilsen fra Danmark.
heidan is offline Find More Posts by heidan
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined May 2007
177 Posts
I can also recommend Christian at http://www.epp-versand.de/. Really prompt service, packed very well and good consistent EPP and carbon.

Wij.
wijwoj is online now Find More Posts by wijwoj