HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
drink and drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Depends: can it be wrong if I'm drinking on the couch in front of the TV while I drive the Summit outside ?

Snow is now hard as ice here after some warm weather and rain followed by cold temp. Can drive everywhere again ! Fun times

Will try a run in the walking trail in the center of town tonight, should not be much people with the cold around -17 C. Summit and FPV system found to behaves well in cold weather after a 10 minutes run during lunch today, so should not be a problem. The lipos let me run for almost an hour.

Anybody wants some pics of the final install ?
i just posted to see if this thread was still alive....been days since anyone posted anything, much less a vid.....got the v2 stab from HK for a lark.....mounting it on a wing to try out FPV with wing, so i had to contigure it for DELTA. Turns out the (my) unit was backwards in pitch, so i have to mount it upside down....got a clue from the HK thread on this unit.....will make do....hate to rub it in, but it was 70 this aft at fairview park....got to admire you guys doing FPV in spite of all the weather obstacles....
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:44 PM
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
drink and drive

Quote:
Depends: can it be wrong if I'm drinking on the couch in front of the TV while I drive the Summit outside ?

Snow is now hard as ice here after some warm weather and rain followed by cold temp. Can drive everywhere again ! Fun times

Will try a run in the walking trail in the center of town tonight, should not be much people with the cold around -17 C. Summit and FPV system found to behaves well in cold weather after a 10 minutes run during lunch today, so should not be a problem. The lipos let me run for almost an hour.

Anybody wants some pics of the final install ?
i just posted to see if this thread was still alive....been days since anyone posted anything, much less a vid.....got the v2 stab from HK for a lark.....mounting it on a wing to try out FPV with wing, so i had to contigure it for DELTA. Turns out the (my) unit was backwards in pitch, so i have to mount it upside down....got a clue from the HK thread on this unit.....will make do....hate to rub it in, but it was 70 this aft at fairview park....got to admire you guys doing FPV in spite of all the weather obstacles....like to see the pics of something with lipos that will work at -17....need to send you people over to boeing, maybe give them some ideas on the other side of the temp scale!!!!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,310 Posts
Yep, their 787 suffers from certain gremlins. Have they lost it ? Airbus is sure putting some pressure...

As long as you keep the lipo warm before using it, they will woek. Current flow will keep them warm/alive.

Pk, maybe the gyro needs to be reversed in your kk board.

Finally ordered the smartieparts programming board for the 9x. Some reading ahead...
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
kkboard

Quote:
Yep, their 787 suffers from certain gremlins. Have they lost it ? Airbus is sure putting some pressure...

As long as you keep the lipo warm before using it, they will woek. Current flow will keep them warm/alive.

Finally ordered the smartieparts programming board for the 9x. Some reading ahead...
havent installed my kk board in anything yet...i was putting the 3 axis HK stabilizer on a foam wing trying to use the delta config. couldnt set it up so that the pitch axis was working in the right direction....so i got a clue from the HK thread on this unit and just turned the unit upside down....roll doesnt care and i am not using rudder so it all came out alright,,,maybe an error in the design or softwear or i still havent put al the plugs into the correct sockets....!!!! anyway will fly it tommorow..has a switch mode to disable it via an aux channel....thats a great idea!!!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts

Quote:

I wonder if something in the charging or maintaining circuit(s) is overcharging some batts in the huge array of cells they must have.....a guy in our club was charging a batt a long time ago with an early charger that had to be powered down after a few minutes to continue the process.....plugged it in and went upstairs and took a nap.....fire dept rescued him, but the entire house burned to the ground. Have seen some crashes and the fires are hard to get out....news said firemen were putting it out for 1/2 an hour.....doesnt sound good....
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:44 PM
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
stryker crash

Quote:
Not always because the cold will make modt foam and plsticparts brittle.

https://vimeo.com/35117138
did it take a while to get to the parts?....some look like the snow was starting to drift over them....sure did scatter a long ways!!!!!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:53 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,035 Posts
Quote:

the smartie pants is dead easy to install and the software too..there are some video tutorials you must watch before you attempt to use the radio. I am very impressed with the software !!

regarding 787 i would doubt the charger circuit is an issue here, I bet this has been designed and tested and retested thousands of times...I wonder if there is an air pressure issue here, at best the batteries are in the pressurised cabin and they are submitted to 9000ft air pressure differentials during the flight. at worst they are in a non pressurised environment and they see a 30000ft variation.
I winder if this is provoking the ballooning of the cells and their early failure..
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:17 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,310 Posts
PK, didn't know HK had a stabiliser for plane. Tought it was a KK you were talking about. Let us know how it works.

As for going to retrieve the Stryker from the crash site, took at least 15 minutes to get there on the middle of the frozen lake. It was snowy and windy so longer than that would have made it very difficult to find. I was lucky to see some parts bouncing after impact, so I kept my head turn in that direction while shutting the GS off and took that way. Hopefully, a red ski cought my high and I found it
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
we end up plowing thru 10 foot high brush......very hard to find them in there...one guy put a monitor on a 15 ft high pole....that helped a lot!!!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:39 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,829 Posts
Quote:
Bit the bullet and ordered a 9x. Hope I can relocate the dial on top to the sides and make them sliders so i can control the pan and tilt. This will be my new FPV Tx. has the v2 programming. May mod it later to er9x firmware.

Also got the light kit and a 2500 mAh lipo. Should not charge often and should fly loooooooong flights. Or drives.

9X huh, it's about time.
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:35 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,310 Posts
Yea, that's what Vantasstic has been telling me.

Also bought a bread making machine, I bet it can do cinamon rolls.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:51 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,829 Posts
Quote:
Yea, that's what Vantasstic has been telling me.

Also bought a bread making machine, I bet it can do cinamon rolls.
you really do need to get ER9x on the thing tho.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:46 PM
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
i have a 9x...bought it because it was so cheap....!! my spectrum 7 failed one time so i had to send it back and took 2 weeks and 50$ with no flying.....using the 9x a lot now....like the 4 way select buttons; dont have to do all that strange double button pushing and other strange selections to work with setups like on the spec 7
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:19 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
you really do need to get ER9x on the thing tho.
On the radio or the bread machine ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:33 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,829 Posts
Quote:
On the radio or the bread machine ?
I'm sure it would give you a lot more options in mixing... 8^)