HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:45 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,155 Posts
That is one nice collection ! Are they all there, or do I suspect correctly that you have some shelves full of cams in your man cave ?
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:58 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
That is one nice collection ! Are they all there, or do I suspect correctly that you have some shelves full of cams in your man cave ?
Oh, a few more.. but these are pretty well all the ones I use for aerial, except for the Flip and Zi8 on the bottom right. I bought them because they were dirt cheap ($50 each) and the Zi8 does 720-60p but waay to much jello anytime I have flown with it so I keep them as ground cams.

Need to get a Gopro 3 now..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:26 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,155 Posts
Beware of the GP3 problems, better check the tread here. Lots of problems but seems to be getting better with the last ones sold. I'm waiting to be sure they are stable. They will damage their name with this one.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:35 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Beware of the GP3 problems, better check the tread here. Lots of problems but seems to be getting better with the last ones sold. I'm waiting to be sure they are stable. They will damage their name with this one.
the problems seem to be mainly with the black models, haven't heard of many problems with the others. my silver works great.

i think they simply rushed the product to hit xmas
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:49 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,196 Posts
i am hoping we are going to see more videos in here as a consequence. I will see if I can snatch a cheap older one since every one is selling theirs
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:02 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
the problems seem to be mainly with the black models, haven't heard of many problems with the others. my silver works great.

i think they simply rushed the product to hit xmas
Good to know, haven't been reading up on them. If I get one it will be a black, AFAIK the Silver is about the same as the GP 2 spec wise, but in a smaller package.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:03 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,962 Posts
Hi everyone. Hope everyone's Christmas and new years were great ones! Been crazy around here, but the dust is starting to settle finally. Had a death in the family, and a new grandson, not to mention the holidays. I'm looking forward to some hobby time in the near future. Loved the videos, thanks for the reminder of springtime Glen.
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:06 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Hi everyone. Hope everyone's Christmas and new years were great ones! Been crazy around here, but the dust is starting to settle finally. Had a death in the family, and a new grandson, not to mention the holidays. I'm looking forward to some hobby time in the near future. Loved the videos, thanks for the reminder of springtime Glen.
Hey Art ! welcomed back....and a happy new year to you !!
you certainly seemed to have had you fair share of ups and downs, hope you find peace and contentment this year
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:39 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
hey art ! Welcomed back....and a happy new year to you !!
You certainly seemed to have had you fair share of ups and downs, hope you find peace and contentment this year
+ 1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:18 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,155 Posts
Here is some testing with the summit

Summit FPV range tests - The new road (5 min 24 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:29 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Here is some testing with the summit
Hey out of curiosity, have you tried raising your video rx antenna up on a mast, even say 10' higher? curious to know if you're running into fresnel issues at that range
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:32 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
my second day of flying the F550, first time the boys at the field got to see it, they definitely like it... toward the end of the video i go and scout out a downed plane

got some minor gain adjustments to make but she flies nice, toward the end we had some serious gusts of wind (hence the downed plane), she handled it like a pro

dji f550 fpv field fun (6 min 52 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:01 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
Hey out of curiosity, have you tried raising your video rx antenna up on a mast, even say 10' higher? curious to know if you're running into fresnel issues at that range
I mounted the tripod on the car and did not see much more range. Maybe a little more clear, but hard to say for sure. I want something easily portable and the tripod is great. Placing it on top of car is a no-no as soon as there is a little wind. A high mast with a base plate under the tire would work if telescopic and I have seen someone using it. I'm not there yet.

Just received a nice 19 " haier LED/LCD tv. Can't wait to try it Hope there is no blue screen. My 42" Panasonic will stay on full static
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
speaking of range

I need better sight line between video transmitter and my GS. See the following:\

I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS!!!

3 FPV touch and goes, distant plateau (2 min 53 sec)

3 FPV touch and goes on a flat mound about 600 feet away from GS. Signal is lost about 1-2 seconds before touchdown for first 2 touchdowns...
.Procedure: listen for touchdown, push throttle full, pull up and regain video stream....maybe total of 2-3 seconds fuzzy image...last touchdown had no total loss of signal. Great fun!! Will try putting patch ant on a pole, maybe that will fill in the blank. Plane loses signal when taxying at far end of field, so loss is to be expected at distant touchdown. Would like to be able to land and take off from various spots; hope elevated ant helps get there....
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:14 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfoamer View Post
I need better sight line between video transmitter and my GS. See the following:\

I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGSJ62o77xg

3 FPV touch and goes on a flat mound about 600 feet away from GS. Signal is lost about 1-2 seconds before touchdown for first 2 touchdowns...
.Procedure: listen for touchdown, push throttle full, pull up and regain video stream....maybe total of 2-3 seconds fuzzy image...last touchdown had no total loss of signal. Great fun!! Will try putting patch ant on a pole, maybe that will fill in the blank. Plane loses signal when taxying at far end of field, so loss is to be expected at distant touchdown. Would like to be able to land and take off from various spots; hope elevated ant helps get there....
great piloting.. I like the idea