HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
Shadrack's Avatar
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I guess downhill skiing is not very popular in your place hey shadrack ?
It is.
In Banff.
I go every Christmas. lol
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:48 PM
Registered User
Shadrack's Avatar
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
In Winterpeg, it has been said that one can watch their dog run away for 3 days
That is Saskatchewan. Don't you watch Corner Gas and listen to the intro?
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:24 PM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
That is Saskatchewan. Don't you watch Corner Gas and listen to the intro?
Actually 1st time I heard it was from one of the (original) Jets management team, way before corner gas's time..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:22 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,415 Posts
So guys, I think you overlooked that post about powering the GoPro with the receiver ? What do you think of this: I'd like to use a mini USB cable to power the GoPro via the receiver. The Rx is fed with a castle CC BEC rated at 10 amps (5 amps continuous).

I got this trick from a tread on RCG. I don't think the GoPro is eating that much current, but would like to know what you guys think.

CC BEC is wired in the wing as well as video harness. Will FPV it saturday Oh boy I'm excited !
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,468 Posts
I'd sure think your CC BEC is more than capable for the job. They are normally charged from a USB port which are normally maxed out at 500 mA. What kind of RF noise are the CC switching regulators reported to generate?
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:36 AM
Registered User
Shadrack's Avatar
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
So guys, I think you overlooked that post about powering the GoPro with the receiver ? What do you think of this: I'd like to use a mini USB cable to power the GoPro via the receiver. The Rx is fed with a castle CC BEC rated at 10 amps (5 amps continuous).

I got this trick from a tread on RCG. I don't think the GoPro is eating that much current, but would like to know what you guys think.

CC BEC is wired in the wing as well as video harness. Will FPV it saturday Oh boy I'm excited !
Why mess with the power of the gopro.
The battery will last so much longer than any flight you would ever do.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:45 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
Why mess with the power of the gopro.
The battery will last so much longer than any flight you would ever do.
I use the GoPro on all of my FPV ships. If I fly all day long, There won't be enough battery. Also, I heard that sometimes the GoPro battery can make some freegames of its own ? I don't want the camera to shut down on me !
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Shadrack's Avatar
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,252 Posts
I have 2 batteries for mine, and ran mine skiing for 6 hours a day on dual batteries last year skiing. Never had one issue.
Recorded all day long.
I would think that a jury rigged connector would be a bigger risk than an internal battery.
Just my thoughts though CG.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:58 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,415 Posts
The connector is in fact charging the battery, so I suppose if the conn. failed the battery would still deliver current to the camera.

Maybe it will last long, but when I see only 2 battery bars left, I can of get the shakes

Now that I've been spiled by he DOSD with RTH, I need another one in the wing. With it, I'd be able to launch LOS, place it on hold circling over me while I adjust the goggles and wait for the fog to clear up (in the winter) and then go fly. Will also try the stablisation system I have too.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:28 PM
Registered User
pajonate's Avatar
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I use it when I'm recording with a GoPro, I use my camcorder to record when using a standard FPV camera.
What is your camcorder, and is it recording through static or "no signal"?
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,415 Posts
My aiptek records everything, even my most shamefull crashes !
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:54 PM
Registered User
pajonate's Avatar
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
818 Posts
CG, damn, what Aiptek you have? I have HD-1080P and on a shortest "no signal" it stops the recording.
I have it wired directly to the VRx, and also through the Eagle Eyes Diversity. In both cases it does the same. Video comes back after the signal is established but the recording is stopped.
Does your keeps recording even if you pull out the AV cord? What's wrong with mine than? I can't find any setting that will prevent recording stops!!!
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:42 PM
Registered User
Shadrack's Avatar
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
The connector is in fact charging the battery, so I suppose if the conn. failed the battery would still deliver current to the camera.

Maybe it will last long, but when I see only 2 battery bars left, I can of get the shakes

Now that I've been spiled by he DOSD with RTH, I need another one in the wing. With it, I'd be able to launch LOS, place it on hold circling over me while I adjust the goggles and wait for the fog to clear up (in the winter) and then go fly. Will also try the stablisation system I have too.
FY31 does that.
Launch, hit circle mode, it does an 80 meter diameter circle, put on goggles, relax, flip the switch back and fly.
Love the stabilize. You can see the difference in video's sometimes is smooths it out so well.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:42 PM
Registered User
Shadrack's Avatar
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
4,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
CG, damn, what Aiptek you have? I have HD-1080P and on a shortest "no signal" it stops the recording.
I have it wired directly to the VRx, and also through the Eagle Eyes Diversity. In both cases it does the same. Video comes back after the signal is established but the recording is stopped.
Does your keeps recording even if you pull out the AV cord? What's wrong with mine than? I can't find any setting that will prevent recording stops!!!
I found using a computer with a USB device handles all my recordings, even the static.
Shadrack is online now Find More Posts by Shadrack
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
CG, damn, what Aiptek you have? I have HD-1080P and on a shortest "no signal" it stops the recording.
I have it wired directly to the VRx, and also through the Eagle Eyes Diversity. In both cases it does the same. Video comes back after the signal is established but the recording is stopped.
Does your keeps recording even if you pull out the AV cord? What's wrong with mine than? I can't find any setting that will prevent recording stops!!!
MPVR like this one.

records this static and much more: check at 2;25 til the crash

Crash of the Stryker (3 min 33 sec)
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My training diary rballz Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 50 Nov 26, 2010 02:49 PM
Discussion 3D noobie ??? mtnpilot 3D Foamies 17 Aug 19, 2010 08:23 PM
Discussion NOOBIE looking for good FPV setup. bmwNick FPV Talk 4 Sep 15, 2009 01:11 PM
Joke Dog diary vs Cat diary Tonystott Humor 5 May 17, 2007 03:42 AM