HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 09:44 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Did you figure out what caused the little "whoop-de-do" there Art?

Saw this last night - yet another cam to check out. Funny, not that long ago the choices were very limited for HD flight recording - certainly not the case now!

Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
My best guess is my combination of 2.4G FrSky R/C and 910 MHz video transmitter.
I have another 5.8G transmitter on the way.
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old May 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
My best guess is my combination of 2.4G FrSky R/C and 910 MHz video transmitter.
I have another 5.8G transmitter on the way.
I've heard the FrSky gear is not that great at playing with the lower video bands - if/when I ever FPV my copter I think I'll either be putting my 72mhz rx back on it or waiting till I buy 5.8 gear.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:14 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,328 Posts
Glen, find some open space and FPV the multi, you'll be amazed ! It is really cool, plus will let you take some views you tought not possible before ! Nice frame to test all those cameras

Pajo, thanks for the help with the LCD. Following the instructions you gave me made it readable again They were on the 1st page of the KK plus tread, but I didn't read all the info there at first, found it to technical.

Now wil work to remove the roll to the right (need full trim left and battery on left side to fly level). I calibrated the Tx sticks with all sub trims and trims neutral, any idea what to do if that doesn't work ?
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Have you tried a right rotation prop on the left arm? I was flying mine rcexplorer tricopter with all CCW rotating props and I had a roll to right too, not that strong as yours, though.
I have blueskyrc tricopter that has CCW prop on right arm and CW on the left and I haven't noticed any banking to the right.
It should not be too difficult to test that out, one prop and reverse two wires on the left arm motor. No changes on the KK board setup.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old May 23, 2012, 11:26 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Motor soldering is complete! (yay!)
Old May 23, 2012, 11:27 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,328 Posts
Yes I have counter rotative props on front. Maybe the sticks were calibrated with trim and Iremoved it after. Will try again.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2012, 11:49 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
I can not remember now, but I think there is a trim adjustment setting on the KK board itself. Are you sure you haven't change some of those settings while you were not able to read the LCD, because even that the LCD is not readable, your stick movements were sending commands/changes to the board.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old May 24, 2012, 10:34 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
There is probably a "calibrate gyro" command? Done with a stick sequence of some kind?
Old May 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,328 Posts
I tought there was a trim set up in the kk menu when I repowered it last week, but didn't find it. Will look again.

There are gyro gain set up, but the problem was that it flew fine when I stpped using it last fall, and now it wants to roll to the right. But, I didnt have time to try it again since the LCD is working again, I recalibrated the Tx sticks and will try to find if there is an adjustment that can be made. If on the verge of crying and rolling on the floor crying, I'll come back again for some help
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 12:40 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Glen, find some open space and FPV the multi, you'll be amazed ! It is really cool, plus will let you take some views you tought not possible before ! Nice frame to test all those cameras
Just ordered 5.8 tx, rx for my goggles, with a set of Hugo's CP antennas for my quads. Also ordered ET stabilization add on for my EagleTree, see how it works on my big 3 channel plane - hopefully make some stabler video..
Old May 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Maybe if you hold your breath and stomp your feet? 8^)

Have you calibrated the throttle range on all of the speed controllers?
Old May 24, 2012, 01:10 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,328 Posts
Yep calibrated the esc. They all start together at the same time.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Well, since CG did not buy himself some RC gear for his birthday, in order to keep the Universe in balance I also ordered a flamewheel 450 frame, and seeing that I was still shy of the $50 for free shipping, added a Naza FC to the order..

So by this time next week the only thing Gaui about ny Gaui will be the Scorpion motors and ESC's.. will put the Gaui FC and the remainder of the frame up for sale in classifieds.

If my wife gets to the mail next week before I do, I'll tell her it's "Carguy1994ca's fault"
Last edited by Glenstr; May 24, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:50 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Thanks for making the sacrifice Glen.
I'm looking forward to your impression of the flamewheel. The built in power distribution looks pretty cool.