HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:00 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,195 Posts
I must admit, I have a case full of lipos , I feel like I am carrying a few Kilowatts with me at the field....
I guess that case will glow in the dark
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:17 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
I must admit, I have a case full of lipos , I feel like I am carrying a few Kilowatts with me at the field....
I guess that case will glow in the dark
Lets just hope it doesn't short, or YOU will glow too
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:37 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,958 Posts
I plan on building my own pan and tilt, ordered some parts from servocity. It's a 2 to 1 gear ratio, would like to have at least 270 degress of pan.
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:12 AM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
If I did my homework correctly... I either did something bright or stupid. I searched for High quality Security cameras and found Wren to make some great ones... Basically same specs as the SN555 cameras... So, I found a sell on ebay for 3 with a 3.6mm lease for about $10 shipped each... Good deal or not remains to be seen...
I'll let you all know after I get them in... I'm having a problem with the shielding on my coax taking solder, so I have to either buy some flux or cleaner or both... Until, I get that solved... no Patch... IBCrazy sells a completed Ground Plane antenna for $20... I might do that also... I'm still waiting to hear how the diversity setup works for you Art...
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:49 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I plan on building my own pan and tilt, ordered some parts from servocity. It's a 2 to 1 gear ratio, would like to have at least 270 degress of pan.
Looked at their site, nice ! I found their servo stretcher, would work nice for me, get 180 deg with pan. I think I will order one. Found it also on readymade rc for 5 $ less though. And RMRC has the 3 and 4 wires for my camera and receiver to make custom cables.

I also received a DIY extension kit I found in Canada at ThunderboltRC. Nice ratchet crimp tool, twisted silicon (very flexible) servo wire and gold plated connectors. Cool for FPV wires and cable. They also carry ashlock connectors, they lock when conencted and they have conenctors for joining multiple servos togheter like in my Twin Otter: I'll connect ailerons and flaps with only one connector.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:02 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,133 Posts
Received the Haier TV this morning, it is charging just now ! Battery had no juice from the factory, although it was cold in the UPS truck and maybe it was just that.

Had a coule minutes on lunch time to try it with the FPV camera, looks good for the price.

I'm happy

I'll try it at work tonight on the Mini Mauler
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:23 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8 View Post
If I did my homework correctly... I either did something bright or stupid. I searched for High quality Security cameras and found Wren to make some great ones... Basically same specs as the SN555 cameras... So, I found a sell on ebay for 3 with a 3.6mm lease for about $10 shipped each... Good deal or not remains to be seen...
I'll let you all know after I get them in... I'm having a problem with the shielding on my coax taking solder, so I have to either buy some flux or cleaner or both... Until, I get that solved... no Patch... IBCrazy sells a completed Ground Plane antenna for $20... I might do that also... I'm still waiting to hear how the diversity setup works for you Art...
Gonna share a URL for the cameras?

I had the same trouble with the coax (RG-6) I hacked it together by splitting the shielding into two parts, crimping eyelets to the shielding then soldering the eyelets to the back of the antenna... suprisingly, seemed to work as good as my GP patch with the SMA connectors.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:29 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Received the Haier TV this morning, it is charging just now ! Battery had no juice from the factory, although it was cold in the UPS truck and maybe it was just that.

Had a coule minutes on lunch time to try it with the FPV camera, looks good for the price.

I'm happy

I'll try it at work tonight on the Mini Mauler
Those Ashlok connectors are quite the deal, would be great in my Mosquito, I have four connections to make on each wing panel.

Those servo strechers have a bad side effect, each makes the servo move two stepps for each one from the transmitter, makes the servo a bit jerky.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
Thanks Art, That's a great idea... I didn't think about crimping...

Quote:
Gonna share a URL for the cameras?

I had the same trouble with the coax (RG-6) I hacked it together by splitting the shielding into two parts, crimping eyelets to the shielding then soldering the eyelets to the back of the antenna... suprisingly, seemed to work as good as my GP patch with the SMA connectors.
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Looks like I have some work to do in here!

Oh I see the problem...bad bearings! (inside joke, sorry)

Art, all I can say is wow! Keep up the great work.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:02 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,133 Posts
Quote:
Those servo strechers have a bad side effect, each makes the servo move two stepps for each one from the transmitter, makes the servo a bit jerky
That I didn't know. Maybe I would be better buying the pod from RMRC for a multiplex plane that ressemble the most the one on my glider and modify it for my glider ? They have gears to move the camera for pan.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:14 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,958 Posts
Quote:
That I didn't know. Maybe I would be better buying the pod from RMRC for a multiplex plane that ressemble the most the one on my glider and modify it for my glider ? They have gears to move the camera for pan.
Only what I've heard, don't have any personal experiance. GWS sail winch servos can be 360, but they are big. Guys add resistors to exsisting servo for greater throw, a lot of digital servos can be programmed for more throw, lots of choices.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:14 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,195 Posts
Quote:
Lets just hope it doesn't short, or YOU will glow too
Hahaha.... dont worry, there is a block of foam inside and each battery has a slot where it fits snugly, so they are not banging together. also they are all fitted with Deans connectors, so no chance of shorting each other. I also use pins. The battery with a pin buried in the foam next to it, needs charging !

- Art
I was going to suggest the GWS servo, but only if your plane can take it. It is a bit bigger and heavier than a standard servo. It's a shame because it is great
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Hahaha.... dont worry, there is a block of foam inside and each battery has a slot where it fits snugly, so they are not banging together. also they are all fitted with Deans connectors, so no chance of shorting each other. I also use pins. The battery with a pin buried in the foam next to it, needs charging !

- Art
I was going to suggest the GWS servo, but only if your plane can take it. It is a bit bigger and heavier than a standard servo. It's a shame because it is great
You wouldn't happen to know the maximum voltage input on the Cyclops Easy OSD would you?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
6,195 Posts
Quote:
You wouldn't happen to know the maximum voltage input on the Cyclops Easy OSD would you?
Sorry no... the manual for this OSD is rater meagre . I only use 3S lipos anyway