Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:10 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
left hand side.

My mix is setup so when off, I have rudder and camera pan with pan reduced to about 60 degrees total. So as I steer on the the camera also looks where I'm steering to. When mix is on, rudder is disabled and camera pan goes to max, about 170 degrees.
Hum, may be trying something like that later. Too much to try for the time I have .
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0mputer View Post
I usually fly by myself in a huge vacant lot next to business center. I am thinking of putting the patch antenna on the entrance to the lot because I tend to fly from the middle of it.
You can put the patch just in front of you and fly in front of it. In my last winter videos with the SW, you can see I fly in front of me and i land from left to right at my feet. The patch is able to catch the signal far enough on the sides so I can make a nice approach without loosing signal. Divertsity helps here if you make your turn too far away on the side but you should be good with only a patch.

I recommend flying it LOS and recording the signal at the GS while flying. Review the recording after flight and see if it cuts soemewhere. Adjust flight pattern accordingly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:32 PM
..in a Johnny Cash voice.
Canada, NS, Beaver Bank
Joined Aug 2010
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Security2000 camera part no. is PZ0420. I have the PZ0420-01 coming (3.6mm lens). (The camera with the 2.8mm lens is PZ0420-02). Maybe I should have ordered the -02 camera. Will find out soon.
Interesting that you mention it. I ordered the 3.6mm as well and I'm fine with it but have been itching to get the 2.8mm just so I have a slightly better FOV. I keep brushing the tops of trees and things because I'm just a TINY bit too zoomed in for close up flying. Still a winner of a camera though.
Vintabilly_NS is offline Find More Posts by Vintabilly_NS
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintabilly_NS View Post
Interesting that you mention it. I ordered the 3.6mm as well and I'm fine with it but have been itching to get the 2.8mm just so I have a slightly better FOV. I keep brushing the tops of trees and things because I'm just a TINY bit too zoomed in for close up flying. Still a winner of a camera though.
Got video?
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:22 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Dvr

I tested my DVR out today while it was sunny for 5 minutes. It records through static. (I recorded 10 minutes of static the other day just to make sure that it would). It is supposed to be capable of recording via a built-in 5.8 gHz receiver and antenna. I don't have a 5.8 gHz system, but Art Newland has one. I will try it when he's flying with it. I installed a 16 gigabyte memory card in it. The DVR has room for 6.5 hours of files., although I've heard that the battery is only good for 30 - 40 minutes. At least I don't get the interleaving problem that I had with the EasyCap/laptop combination.

Link to my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chkacin?.../0/6MQca236wyg

A review of this unit cam be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CIQYdosMPE
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Last edited by balsabuster2004; Feb 23, 2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Corrected review URL
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:45 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
2nd and 3rd HK EPP FPV slamdings

trying FPV landings with HK EPP FPV plane, slight crosswind and headwind. Plane floats forever, so i tried landing deadstick...BUT last few feet from the ground airspeed is gone and plane drops quickly. Need to learn to fly it in.....easier said than done. dont know what happened to the sound....sounds like a broken buzz saw....cant hear the motor at all ecept at wide open....sidewind lifted the left wing before 2nd takeoff....was pretty windy at that point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvdROqMmtgw
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:44 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,115 Posts
Balsabuster, I like listening to that Australian guy's accent. Been looking at some of his reviews. It seems there are more of these reviews on YT, they really must have time to spare to do that. Some of them are very good and informative though.

Does this recorder have a video in or is it just 5.8 wireless video in ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Balsabuster,

Does this recorder have a video in or is it just 5.8 wireless video in ?
Video in, video out, and 5.8 gHz in. All three.

With the video out, I can review the video just recorded when I hook it up to my Haier. I don't know if the video out port is active while recording. Is it a pass-through port, active when recording? Don't know. I have only 1 cable. Would need 2 cables to test that.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:22 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,745 Posts
Quote:
Video in, video out, and 5.8 gHz in. All three.

With the video out, I can review the video just recorded when I hook it up to my Haier. I don't know if the video out port is active while recording. Is it a pass-through port, active when recording? Don't know. I have only 1 cable. Would need 2 cables to test that.
What does the cable look like?
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,999 Posts
Quote:
I tested my DVR out today while it was sunny for 5 minutes. It records through static. (I recorded 10 minutes of static the other day just to make sure that it would). It is supposed to be capable of recording via a built-in 5.8 gHz receiver and antenna. I don't have a 5.8 gHz system, but Art Newland has one. I will try it when he's flying with it. I installed a 16 gigabyte memory card in it. The DVR has room for 6.5 hours of files., although I've heard that the battery is only good for 30 - 40 minutes. At least I don't get the interleaving problem that I had with the EasyCap/laptop combination.

Link to my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chkacin?.../0/6MQca236wyg

A review of this unit cam be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CIQYdosMPE
very interesting BB...comparing the recording and the video output from your plane, would you say this is true to life? it looks to me like the Eagle tree characters are casting a bright shadow on the image. do you see this when you fly ?
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:48 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,115 Posts
Quote:
Long, covered with rubber with connectors at both ends.

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Jan 2011
175 Posts
Hey thanks carguy. I got my patch from readymaderc yesterday and will try it this weekend. I've thought about that recording the flight test pattern. I will also try my homebrew biquad. I snagged a used aiptek from ebay that still records when signal is lost. All this info I picked from this thread hehe. My plane is a hobbyzone supercub.

Quote:
You can put the patch just in front of you and fly in front of it. In my last winter videos with the SW, you can see I fly in front of me and i land from left to right at my feet. The patch is able to catch the signal far enough on the sides so I can make a nice approach without loosing signal. Divertsity helps here if you make your turn too far away on the side but you should be good with only a patch.

I recommend flying it LOS and recording the signal at the GS while flying. Review the recording after flight and see if it cuts soemewhere. Adjust flight pattern accordingly.
k0mputer is offline Find More Posts by k0mputer
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0mputer View Post
Hey thanks carguy. I got my patch from readymaderc yesterday and will try it this weekend. I've thought about that recording the flight test pattern. I will also try my homebrew biquad. I snagged a used aiptek from ebay that still records when signal is lost. All this info I picked from this thread hehe. My plane is a hobbyzone supercub.
Have fun, post video here when you fly, we all like to watch them, whatever it turns out (although we would certainly appreciate if you fly over a beach full of girls in bikinis ) I'll build a biquad myself, have all the material, just have to find time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Like this.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Jan 2011
175 Posts
Lol I am in socal and I heard we are hitting 80's this weekend. There is a beach where I can actually fly. The gf is my spotter though. My biquad is for 900mhz. I tried making one for 5.8 and it is close to impossible because it is so small .

Quote:
Have fun, post video here when you fly, we all like to watch them, whatever it turns out (although we would certainly appreciate if you fly over a beach full of girls in bikinis ) I'll build a biquad myself, have all the material, just have to find time.
k0mputer is offline Find More Posts by k0mputer