to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:23 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcoz View Post

...I edited this one down to just the fun bits. Let me know what you think!

Oz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wASdTtBm-GI
I liked the music and the GS. Nice and steady flying. Not bad on the edit. Very good Orcoz. I think you're liking it (please read this last one as: "you got to be well addicted to FPV now aren't you! ")

Good job man !
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:27 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Saturay's plane search video. You might have to "Pause" the video in places in order to see what I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGVc3mueoHU
Man that grass is TALL ! Now I see why they call you, needle in a haystack ! Good job !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:28 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Got my male to male servo connectors today, think I have everything needed to crash a quad!
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:53 PM
Clueless, but trying
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined Nov 2001
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I liked the music and the GS. Nice and steady flying. Not bad on the edit. Very good Orcoz. I think you're liking it (please read this last one as: "you got to be well addicted to FPV now aren't you! ")

Good job man !
I'm absolutely loving it. At this point though I really feel bad posting video with the so-so quality from my easycap. Hopefully that 808 gets here soon

I'm also wondering what I should get next... my thoughts would be:
  • A better Rx antenna to replace the rubber duckie, and provide a better mate to my IBCrazy V
  • A OSD to give me an idea of range/altitude
  • A smaller 200mw fpv system for a smaller plane

Thoughts?
Orcoz is offline Find More Posts by Orcoz
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:54 PM
Clueless, but trying
Joined Nov 2001
748 Posts
oh-oh-oh OR goggles? heheh... I'm thinking that would be a great idea to give misses Claus, but dang that's a long time to wait.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Quote:
I'm absolutely loving it. At this point though I really feel bad posting video with the so-so quality from my easycap. Hopefully that 808 gets here soon

I'm also wondering what I should get next... my thoughts would be:
  • A better Rx antenna to replace the rubber duckie, and provide a better mate to my IBCrazy V
  • A OSD to give me an idea of range/altitude
  • A smaller 200mw fpv system for a smaller plane

Thoughts?
I think you need all that stuff and more... it's the FPV way! If you can fit all you stuff in your car when you go flying, you don't have enough stuff.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:14 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Getting my quad arms epoxied together... nice and square.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:17 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Quote:
The FPV noobie creed;
“We’ll pretty much watch anything!”

And build a goof-proof patch for your receiver.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:24 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Getting my quad arms epoxied together... nice and square.
Somedy got himself new clamps ?

Quote:
oh-oh-oh OR goggles? heheh... I'm thinking that would be a great idea to give misses Claus, but dang that's a long time to wait.
First I'd get a patch (or build one), then I'd go with a monitor or goggles, because the laptop can crash and then the plane will crash
I like goggles but had a chance to look at a big 10" Haier monitor and boy, thats good. If money is tight, get a 10 " minimum monitor, they can be found cheap (the guy got it for 40 $ ).
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:17 PM
Clueless, but trying
Joined Nov 2001
748 Posts
Alrighty then... time to start researching how to build a 1280 goof proof patch!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:36 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Somedy got himself new clamps ?

First I'd get a patch (or build one), then I'd go with a monitor or goggles, because the laptop can crash and then the plane will crash
I like goggles but had a chance to look at a big 10" Haier monitor and boy, thats good. If money is tight, get a 10 " minimum monitor, they can be found cheap (the guy got it for 40 $ ).
Or a bi-quad with the vee is a pretty good combo, that's what Alex recommended for me for low flying flights that may drop below the treeline, and I think the bi-quad is a little more tolerant of where you put it, in that the patch should be close to the ground for optimum performance whereas its not as important for the bi-quad. However the bi-quad has a somewhat narrower beam, about 50 degrees.

Quote:
I think you need all that stuff and more... it's the FPV way! If you can fit all you stuff in your car when you go flying, you don't have enough stuff
Isn't that the truth! Last year when I started this hobby it was grab the radio and super cub and off I went. Now it's make sure umpteen batteries are ready to go, tv's are charged, camera is charged, load the ground station, monitors etc, load the plane, load the wing then double check it all. There there's all the setup when you get there..

ps. the 10" Haier is a great screen, I picked up a 7" at first for $60 then later a 10" for about the same price, the 7" is perfectly useable though. You can see my setup a page or two back in this thread.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Last edited by Glenstr; Jul 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:31 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,449 Posts
Carefull connecting your camera

I bought another OSD camera from NGHobbies, same thing as the first one. When I hooked it up, no picture. Went over my connection, all seemed good but still no pic. Cut the wiring harness that came with it and discovered that although the cams are the same (or supposed so) the pin out for the connector is not the same. Colours are not the same place. Changed position of the wires in the connector and now I have pic.

I think it is time they make some universal connectors for those cameras. Since the FPV shop badge them to their name, they might as well have the cameras made with standard, universal connectors we could keep and use, like the way we do with servo extensions.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:15 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Hey Glen. how does that 10" Haier handle static?

Starting to look like a quad?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:31 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Hey Glen. how does that 10" Haier handle static?

Starting to look like a quad?
I have to admit that I haven't watched it exclusively on the two flights I made since I got it, when I put it on my existing GS it sits too high and partially blocks the skew planar I have on my 2nd rx, so I have just hooked it up to my Eagle Eyes as a 2nd set and set it on my tailgate. I found myself watching the 7" more because of where it is, which is a short adjustment to see where the plane is LOS. I'm ready to put all my gear back on my plane now, so I may mod the GS to hold the 10" so I can watch it full time.

I did have a couple of short black outs on my 2nd last flight, (which are still a mystery to me), as far as I can remember the two monitors were behaving the same, but if the wind calms down enough this weekend I may be able to do a better test.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr