SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:06 AM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,680 Posts
Orcos, Looks like you and AJ had much fun. Thats a nice area you have to fly too.
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:02 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,093 Posts
Quebec FPV meeting video

Finally:

Quebec FPV meeting 2011 (5 min 54 sec)
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:07 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,093 Posts
Art

Nice looking frame ! What will make it look at its best is the way you route all the wires

PK

Thanks, those device are nice, saw one at the field on a funjet, it was made by eagle tree.

Novello

All motors should be the same for stable hovering. It is the speed differential that will make it move. Since all motors are put to use on multirotors, it can go pretty fast with very small motors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:48 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,955 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3531

#11 firmwares
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:49 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisM View Post
Orcos, Looks like you and AJ had much fun. Thats a nice area you have to fly too.
+1
thanks for sharing
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:48 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Exactly what I needed ! Thanks Art ! Wonder why my cam doesn't save coreectly after 20 min ? Anyway, I'll try the 4gb continuous for loooooong distance
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:38 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Great video Orcoz! If I ever get my last video edited you'll feel better about coming close to the fence - I overshot and whacked a chain link pretty hard, good thing they have some "give" though, nothing was hurt.. (this was not my last flight, where I met the same fence at the end of a high speed hammerhead stall, where a LOT was hurt!)

On another note, I spent more than I planned for this month yesterday and ordered the Eagletree OSD pro set from RMRC - even though I am getting more comfortable getting a long ways out, I am still quite twitchy about it so maybe having a home direction, distance from home, rth and all those goodies will put me more at ease - or maybe make it worse.. guess I'll find out in a week or so..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:46 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,185 Posts
Tricopter

Just having a stiff drink....
I tried my tricopter in the park behind the house.... Still shaking. It flies but not the type of flying that I am used to, you need all your fingers and all your senses to fly this, includeing the 6th sense
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Jul 27, 2011, 01:20 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
I tried my tricopter in the park behind the house.... Still shaking. It flies but not the type of flying that I am used to, you need all your fingers and all your senses to fly this, includeing the 6th sense
What kind of Tri did you get? I want to get into a multi pretty soon, and am trying to make up my mind on tri vs quad, home built vs Guai, etc.. From what I have heard/read a lot of these aren't supposed to be a lot different (in difficulty) than a 4ch plane - but the reality is often different.

A coworker in my dept just sold his conventional blade heli because he said it was just too stressful to fly, and he got into the hobby for relaxation, not stress..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jul 27, 2011, 01:56 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,955 Posts
My expectation is that the quad will fly much like a fixed pitch heli, which I've flown a lot, although it's been a few years. You do a lot of your directional control with your rudder stick (yaw), and altitude must be managed with the throttle (a lot!). So if your left thumb isn't very smart (mode 2 guys) it's going to be tough. If you have a ratchet on you throttle, you're going to want to remove it.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 01:59 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,955 Posts
enjoyed your video CG, how did you like "hanging with the big dogs"? Too bad it had to be so windy.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:17 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
enjoyed your video CG, how did you like "hanging with the big dogs"? Too bad it had to be so windy.
Quite frankly, my set up is running great on the stryker, and the plane handles the wind well. Most of these guys don't have a club flying background and learned to fly to get into FPV, so I'd say that my piloting skills are as good as any of them. They are much more into electronics and they have a lot of experience in what works in FPV.

It really was a geek party, but they all have girlfriends (most of them anyway). You wouldn't believe the stuff they have. My set up was pretty simple compare to most of them. They also bring lots of things to make repairs, adjustments at the field. I always work in the shop and only bring what works at the field. Don't want to spend flying time doing work on the planes. But, whatever makes you have fun is OK. Zoltan from NGHobbies, Tim and anthonny from immersionRC, they were all very friendly guys. All of them were very cool people, and it was very relaxing, no stress event. It is fun doing things you like with people that share the passion. The older I get, the more I like the social around the hobby.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by carguy1994ca; Jul 27, 2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:27 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Any heli experience RCM ? I'd say like Art they must fly like a fixed pitch heli and must "balloon" in forward flight ? I flew collective pitch helis and really like how they handle the wind, from what I saw the multi rotors handle it well too or they were good on the stick. Saucisse told me that when the wind is hight, it is difficult. Will know soon enough, the frame is coming, waiting for HK to have the board back in stock to order it and the elctronics.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:07 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
What kind of Tri did you get? I want to get into a multi pretty soon, and am trying to make up my mind on tri vs quad,
I made this tricopter from plans of an RCgroup guy known as Signguy. It's all wood /plywood, although I think it's going to neer reinforcements here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Any heli experience RCM ?
Nope...I tried flying helis in simulators and it was a crash in every sortie
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:09 PM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Quite frankly, my set up is running great on the stryker, and the plane handles the wind well. Most of these guys don't have a club flying background and learned to fly to get into FPV, so I'd say that my piloting skills are as good as any of them. They are much more into electronics and they have a lot of experience in what works in FPV.

It really was a geek party, but they all have girlfriends (most of them anyway). You wouldn't believe the stuff they have. My set up was pretty simple compare to most of them. They also bring lots of things to make repairs, adjustments at the field. I always work in the shop and only bring what works at the field. Don't want to spend flying time doing work on the planes. But, whatever makes you have fun is OK. Zoltan from NGHobbies, Tim and anthonny from immersionRC, they were all very friendly guys. All of them were very cool people, and it was very relaxing, no stress event. It is fun doing things you like with people that share the passion. The older I get, the more I like the social around the hobby.
It looked like a great time. I can relate to the social aspect as I get older. Sometimes I leave the planes at home so they won't get in the way of socializing.
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM