HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:13 PM
Clueless, but trying
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined Nov 2001
752 Posts
Agreed Carguy... if you're willing to put an extra couple of hundred dollars into a plane, and then *not* look at it while flying it? "Different Attitude" is one way to sum it up.
Orcoz is offline Find More Posts by Orcoz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:18 PM
Lavishly Winged Dork
Miami, Fl
Joined Feb 2004
315 Posts
Interesting that you guys are discussing this...it's why I fly RC. I was talking to my g/f about the exact thing as we were flying cross-country to central Fl.

I've got my private license and I often get bored after flying for about an hour. Even when I'm flying with someone else.

Although I've been fascinated with every aspect of aviation my whole life, it's the aircraft, and how they fly that truly intrigues me...however I haven't experienced fpv yet so my opinion may soon vary.
JohnnyDeluxe is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyDeluxe
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:46 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcoz View Post
Agreed Carguy... if you're willing to put an extra couple of hundred dollars into a plane, and then *not* look at it while flying it? "Different Attitude" is one way to sum it up.
Not quite that, although that is one aspect I didn't tought about: Club members like the planes or looking at planes and how they fly like Johnny wrote, FPV flyers like "flying", I mean flying as " beeing in the air, looking around and going places. Also, they want to be free of rules like what you find in a club, it is too restrictive for them.

This is generalizing and an observation I am doing, coming from a lot of years of flying in a club. The two activities, although in the same hobby, are quite different, yet can be interlaced together if some adjustments are made.

My toughts on this, feel free to see it otherwise. I'll go to a big meeting in the weekend, will see how it confirms. I guess i'll see extremes and the middle.
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:19 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,460 Posts
Tried my aiptek and it is freezing. Tried formating card, tried with 2 other cards, can play with menus than freeze, doesn't record through AV in but works with camera mode then freezes. Dead it is.

Model # I got is V58N, same as the refurbished one. Mine does record well with static. Maybe it has recorded too much of it and now it is sick . Will wait answer in the recorder forum just to be on safe side.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:42 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
Success!!!

Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:41 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,460 Posts
You're the best ! Nice work Art !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:57 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
You're the best ! Nice work Art !
If I was the best it wouldn't have taken me a month to figure out how to do it! you really have to chase all over to get the info you need for this conversion. Learning how to use an AVR programmer will be helpful updating the KK multicopter board also. My HK stuff arrived today, of course no one home to accept it.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:00 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,460 Posts
OK, you're only good then
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:54 AM
Certifiable
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,831 Posts
I picked up a nice Wide Angle lens on my last SC2000 order and finally got around to fitting it to the Cub.
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...0-Cam-150.html
I am really liking the new perspective, I should have tried this sooner on my flights. The only reason I hadn't tried one to this point is because of the amount of video's i've seen that have a pretty severe "fish bowl" look.
To me the lens I picked up doesn't seem as distorted as some I have seen, I guess the only drawback is that "Objects Are Closer than they Appear"
For a point of reference: the Cub's wheels are 3" in Dia. and approximately 6 inches in front of the Camera.
Forgive me for hand launching and landing LOS, the poor cub has suffered terribly this last month, so I am going easy on it.
The CubCaster's New Perspective (7 min 43 sec)
Dacono Air is offline Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Old Jul 20, 2011, 07:55 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,460 Posts
Better FOV, would be interested to see what the FOV looks like if in front of a plane.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:42 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
OK, you're only good then
Lucky?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:06 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
Nice flying Dacono! Looks like some fun plane chasing. Ever think about add a pan servo?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:18 AM
Certifiable
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,831 Posts
Yes, but I am going to keep this setup as-is. Light and simple for now.
Dacono Air is offline Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Lucky?
Lets put it that way: I'm practicing to crimp servo connectors on the DL. So far I scrapped 6 connectors before understanding the thing (And I watched the video about it on YT) and I got 2 right. So, you'd already be flying the DL while I am trying not to mess my radio trying to connect the DL to it
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:58 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
wide angle for 2000 camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacono Air View Post
I picked up a nice Wide Angle lens on my last SC2000 order and finally got around to fitting it to the Cub.
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...0-Cam-150.html
I am really liking the new perspective, I should have tried this sooner on my flights. The only reason I hadn't tried one to this point is because of the amount of video's i've seen that have a pretty severe "fish bowl" look.
To me the lens I picked up doesn't seem as distorted as some I have seen, I guess the only drawback is that "Objects Are Closer than they Appear"
For a point of reference: the Cub's wheels are 3" in Dia. and approximately 6 inches in front of the Camera.
Forgive me for hand launching and landing LOS, the poor cub has suffered terribly this last month, so I am going easy on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lGle0ueBiw
looks real good for identifying location of surroundings.this setup may not have as much FOV as the GO pros i have seen, but they are quite distorted against reality, i heard they are 170deg FOV...dont know, havent measured one since i dont have one. this setup makes it easier to chase planes and probably easier to keep track of where you are relative to the field. When i fly around my field and directly overhead, i seem to see everything except any part of the field with the standard 2000 camera, but i like the image with the standard lens..(even it is a little distorted)..may need to put a pan servo on it...probably image will get more wobbly in the haier with a pan servo in the mount mix....
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer