HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:14 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,185 Posts
Meeting with saucisse - video

Here is the video of the day:

Meeting with saucisse and friends (4 min 5 sec)
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 09:48 PM
Clueless, but trying
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined Nov 2001
752 Posts
Oh geez... in my excitement I posted this note in the *wrong* thread...

Doesn't matter - I'm excited and grinning from ear to ear

Ok, I'm close enough that it's time to say hello! I've read every page of this thread over the last month or so... thank you so much for both the entertainment as well as the education.

My BoB, or "Cliff" system as I like to call it has undergone a professional once-over and should be back in my hands early this week. That prompted me to get my tail feathers in gear and finish my FPV platform. I finished it up about an hour ago... here is the build thread (it's short) if you'd like to take a peek.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472914

I'm hopeful that my 808 #11 arrives later this week... it was funny how I was circling that thing for awhile, and then hit the section of this thread where you guys all got 808 happy. So yeah, I bought it at that point. It felt like I was buying it with you, although I was reading about two months after the fact.

Heeeerrrrreee weeeee gooooooooo!

Orcoz
Orcoz is offline Find More Posts by Orcoz
Last edited by Orcoz; Jul 18, 2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:24 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisM View Post
Art, Check out this video. It's an old one but great one. Kilrah flying a zoom zoom.

http://www.rc-tech.ch/index.php/en/v...-and-slow.html
Looks interesting. I had a chance to fly the hacker tonight, pretty smooth flyer.
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:30 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,764 Posts
Looks like a great place to fly CG, maybe a bit breezy though?

Orcoz, welcome! Hope to see some of your adventures.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:31 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,764 Posts
Orcoz
can't make your link work.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:15 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
super zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I was gifted a nice foamy yesterday. Complete with AXI outrunner and Jeti ESC. Looks like it will be a nice in-close flying aerobatic plane. Any good for FPV?
might be good for fpv, easy to get to the equipment since it will be all outside....i have one of those....i also have a flash....got the flash from jim hanson.i guess it was too easy for him.....flies even better than the super zoom...fly close in and careless....very easy to find the runway!!
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:25 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
My turn ! Here is a video from last wednesday night flights, The new Stryker is doing great, less nose heavy and better glide ratio so can power down and take my time...if I want to Good performance from the #11 and SC2000 cam in low light conditions. Go to vomeo for HD. Enjoy , and crank the sound up. Sorry Art, no bluegrass this time

http://vimeo.com/26500055
nice chase scenes!!!
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:07 AM
Clueless, but trying
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined Nov 2001
752 Posts
Fixed my link... sorry about that
Orcoz is offline Find More Posts by Orcoz
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:27 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I was gifted a nice foamy yesterday. Complete with AXI outrunner and Jeti ESC. Looks like it will be a nice in-close flying aerobatic plane. Any good for FPV?
It might be a nice testbed for your 5.8GHz as space is restricted..

Quote:
Nope ! No time to install, getting ready for the big FPV meet next saturday. Did see some guys with DLs when I met saucisse and his friends today. From what they say, it works great, except with other DLs.

Most enjoyable day, learned some, saw lots of FPV goodies, ate the best BBQ ever, saw the biggest dogs I had seen to date.

It was a day for superlatives I guess

Teaser pics:
are you sure this was not a bear in disguise ? nice barbecue, yum ! It has been raining all weekend here but the upshot is my second Skywalker is getting close to the final stages of assembly. also all my chainling stuff is here and installed on different airframes

Quote:
Here is the video of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtssXvIo8yY
Was that Saucisse's repaired Skywalker ? he did a good job on that !
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Jul 18, 2011, 07:01 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
... nice barbecue, yum ! ...

...Was that Saucisse's repaired Skywalker ? he did a good job on that !
The guy we went to for the BBQ is French: It was delicious ! Man you should have seen the house !

Bear in disguise: Could very well be ! They were 3 like that Very nice dogs though.

Yup, saucisse's Skywalker. He was flying with a 10" Haier: Very nice picture quality. I saw some big screens for FPV, they do a good job, I'd say better than goggles, just not as immersive.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
The guy we went to for the BBQ is French: It was delicious ! Man you should have seen the house !

Bear in disguise: Could very well be ! They were 3 like that Very nice dogs though.

Yup, saucisse's Skywalker. He was flying with a 10" Haier: Very nice picture quality. I saw some big screens for FPV, they do a good job, I'd say better than goggles, just not as immersive.
I just picked up the last 10" Haier from XScargo in Edmonton - website said they had 5 in stock but it was out of date, they had one left in the south store. Anyway, it looks nice, that extra 3" makes a diff! Now I am waiting for my fpv cam, curious to see what it is like without the 170 somewhat distorted fov the Gopro has.

I was going to replace the 7" on my groundstation, but first I am just going to hook it up to one of the other video outputs on the eagle tree and set it on the tailgate of my truck and see how that works, that way I'll be able to walk between the two screens while flying and if I have spectators they can watch whatever screen I am not..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:52 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,185 Posts
Nice buy Glen, I liked it a lot. It was in a cardboard box and you could easily look at it from a distance. OSD writing was easy to read too, plus it was an EZ OSD wich has already clear screen writings.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:33 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Nice buy Glen, I liked it a lot. It was in a cardboard box and you could easily look at it from a distance. OSD writing was easy to read too, plus it was an EZ OSD wich has already clear screen writings.
yeah, got it for $65 plus taxes - XSC didn't charge all the enviro fees either - the 7" I got from newegg.ca for 45$ ended up being almost the same price by the time I paid the enviro and shipping..

can't wait to try it out. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing the 15" Craig the XSC shop in Calgary had - I was in a hurry and the staff was all busy so I just left..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:59 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcoz View Post
Fixed my link... sorry about that
fly your Bixler yet?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
yeah, got it for $65 plus taxes - XSC didn't charge all the enviro fees either - the 7" I got from newegg.ca for 45$ ended up being almost the same price by the time I paid the enviro and shipping..

can't wait to try it out. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing the 15" Craig the XSC shop in Calgary had - I was in a hurry and the staff was all busy so I just left..
have one of the 19 inch Visio's that I'll have to try one of these days, I'm so pleased with the HeadPlays in Rob's goggle-mask that I haven't felt the need.

Just checked my HK order... here's something you don't want to see.
Held by Customs at Destination