HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 14, 2011, 02:51 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,830 Posts
Great DIY tricopter info here;
http://www.rcexplorer.se/projects/TriV2/TriV2.html
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:20 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,312 Posts
On the video forum there is a guy who posted a vid about a FPV meeting in Colorado. There was an orange volks camper. Was it you Dacono ? Looks like it was a good place to fly. Wonder if there are FPV clubs ?
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:33 PM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Here is an fpv flight I did yesterday, I made this for my wife who wanted to show it to some people very involved in this project, so I left out some of the low flybys over myself etc. and I don't think the music really fits, but I was trying to get it done last night and needed something 6 minutes long and a Celtic Flutes cd I copied ages ago was sitting on my cd holder and it had a song on it the perfect length so flutes it was!

Also deshaked this with virtual dub, although the raw footage was pretty steady on its own. This big bird sure shines in dead calm conditions, a slight breeze makes it hard to hold steady and I fight the plane a lot more. A coworker who is a pilot suggested maybe small amounts of weight out on the wings might lessen the roll effect and how easily the wind can make a 90 degree turn a 180 with this plane.

Recreational complex flyover. (6 min 18 sec)
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:40 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
great and well done vid, glenstr::::

xxx
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Last edited by pkfoamer; Jul 14, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:48 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,312 Posts
For a second I was wondering if the plane would sudenly veer right and hit the truck

Very steady image. What's the building exactly ?
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:00 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
great and well done vid, glenstr::::

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenstr View Post
here is an fpv flight i did yesterday, i made this for my wife who wanted to show it to some people very involved in this project, so i left out some of the low flybys over myself etc. And i don't think the music really fits, but i was trying to get it done last night and needed something 6 minutes long and a celtic flutes cd i copied ages ago was sitting on my cd holder and it had a song on it the perfect length so flutes it was!

Also deshaked this with virtual dub, although the raw footage was pretty steady on its own. This big bird sure shines in dead calm conditions, a slight breeze makes it hard to hold steady and i fight the plane a lot more. A coworker who is a pilot suggested maybe small amounts of weight out on the wings might lessen the roll effect and how easily the wind can make a 90 degree turn a 180 with this plane.

http://vimeo.com/26442063
really like the smoothing that was done...havent seen a relaxing fpv vid for a long time!!!.....my slo stick does not do well with smoothness!!

AND NOW FOR THE SUBLIME TO THE HILARIOUS: at least its short....turn up the sound when i kill the motor and listen to the punch line!!!!

LANDING PATH SURE HARD TO HIT USING FPV (1 min 7 sec)
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:02 PM
Registered User
balsabuster2004's Avatar
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
pkfoamer

Lucky you were bending down and looking into the box!
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:15 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
glenstr videO

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenstr View Post
here is an fpv flight i did yesterday, i made this for my wife who wanted to show it to some people very involved in this project, so i left out some of the low flybys over myself etc. And i don't think the music really fits, but i was trying to get it done last night and needed something 6 minutes long and a celtic flutes cd i copied ages ago was sitting on my cd holder and it had a song on it the perfect length so flutes it was!

Also deshaked this with virtual dub, although the raw footage was pretty steady on its own. This big bird sure shines in dead calm conditions, a slight breeze makes it hard to hold steady and i fight the plane a lot more. A coworker who is a pilot suggested maybe small amounts of weight out on the wings might lessen the roll effect and how easily the wind can make a 90 degree turn a 180 with this plane.

http://vimeo.com/26442063


did anyone else see glenstr scare the 2 deer at 2:53???
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:38 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
665 Posts
Ufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Lucky you were bending down and looking into the box!
no luck involved, just self preservation.....if you look carefully, you can see i was standing up prior to the plane intruding.....when it got close i ducked!!! had no choice...didnt have enuf time to look up and find the plane, so i just had to hang in there!!!!....need to mount haier on my new tripod, so i will have something to hide behind!!
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
For a second I was wondering if the plane would sudenly veer right and hit the truck

Very steady image. What's the building exactly ?
Having watched a few of my videos I can see why you would be expecting that!

I had an even better landing, but I wasn't making this video for fpv'ers so I left it out for now, I was coming in the other way and trying to get better at my approaches, I almost over shot and the plane came to a rest about 2' from my back tire, it was under the tailgate of the truck. In a slight breeze this plane needs nothing at all for space, Mike the guy that designed these could probably put her down on top of my trucks canopy, I've seen videos of him landing in about that much space..

That's our new recreation center, it just opened this Jan, I'm hoping to get lots of practice in with my multi-rotor and night vapor in the field house once the weather goes south..

Loved that ending PK!
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Last edited by Glenstr; Jul 14, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:03 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,312 Posts
Looks like someone stole my idea of puting a cam on a skydiver:

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME

Oh jeez, the floor again

FPV Parachute Drop - Skydiving from the Skywalker (2 min 53 sec)
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2011, 08:57 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,830 Posts
PK, some fun stuff!
Glen... You are Mr. smooth! TV quality.
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:02 PM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Looks like someone stole my idea of puting a cam on a skydiver:

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME

Oh jeez, the floor again
now THAT was good!
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:56 PM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfoamer View Post
really like the smoothing that was done...havent seen a relaxing fpv vid for a long time!!!.....my slo stick does not do well with smoothness!!
The deshaker does a remarkable job, but you need gobs of power and diskspace or else its slower than molasses in January. I also have to learn to not deshake the landings or takeoffs, with horizon and close ground it confuses it and makes it jumpy.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:50 AM
Certifiable
Dacono Air's Avatar
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
On the video forum there is a guy who posted a vid about a FPV meeting in Colorado. There was an orange volks camper. Was it you Dacono ? Looks like it was a good place to fly. Wonder if there are FPV clubs ?
Yup, That be me!..It was an awesome 3 days. I am still sorting through the video's!
Dacono Air is offline Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My training diary rballz Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 50 Nov 26, 2010 02:49 PM
Discussion 3D noobie ??? mtnpilot 3D Foamies 17 Aug 19, 2010 08:23 PM
Discussion NOOBIE looking for good FPV setup. bmwNick FPV Talk 4 Sep 15, 2009 01:11 PM
Joke Dog diary vs Cat diary Tonystott Humor 5 May 17, 2007 03:42 AM