HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2011, 11:07 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,465 Posts
New Vtx and Vrx arrived this morning. Will have to find some barrel power connector at radio shack (the source now in canada). If they have them in stock I should eb able to try diversity qith the EE saturday.

I also bought the security2000 camera wich has just shipped. With pigtails barrel connectors...on their site they say thay are a canadian company, but ship from hongkong...
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 11:44 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
New Vtx and Vrx arrived this morning. Will have to find some barrel power connector at radio shack (the source now in canada). If they have them in stock I should eb able to try diversity qith the EE saturday.

I also bought the security2000 camera wich has just shipped. With pigtails barrel connectors...on their site they say thay are a canadian company, but ship from hongkong...
When you get all those menus figured out, you can tell me how to set mine! 8^)
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Jun 02, 2011, 01:09 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
When you get all those menus figured out, you can tell me how to set mine! 8^)
And I tought you would give me the "Art's top notch adjustment method for the security2000 camera for FPV". I didn't even start adjusting the OSD cam I already fly.

I found that my camera picture on the Haier and goggles was dark and had to adjust for brightness every flight on the Haier. I just read that using a "y" on the video line was making the picture darker, as I suspected. The first advantage of the EE will certainly be a brighter picture, in the displays and on the recorder. Will soon find out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2011, 02:43 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
The biggest mistake I made with my OSD camera was messing around in the menus before getting out side in the real world. Settings I made in my shop were way too bright outside, (duh).
Old Jun 02, 2011, 03:01 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,465 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to power the GS. The fatsharks have a power input and a power output to power the receiver, so if you only have one receiver and the goggles to power, the goggles plug in the battery and then the receiver plug in the goggles. Would that power distribution OK ? Or would you power each component individually ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2011, 04:53 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,465 Posts
And then I saw this

Should have done my research:

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=103&page=1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2011, 07:12 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
That's a nice find, would cost more to buy the parts and build your own.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:35 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
That's a nice find, would cost more to buy the parts and build your own.
Bought 8 pigtails for 7 $
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:15 AM
Certifiable
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,832 Posts
Without further ado....the "midnight" episode.
FPV Summit - The "Night Crawler" Episode (10 min 0 sec)
Dacono Air is online now Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:29 AM
Certifiable
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,832 Posts
A few notes on the Video:
You will notice that I "bump" the throttle alot...it's definitely annoying to watch, the throttle on the controller has a hair trigger, and the reverse gear on the truck is higher than the low forward gear, this thing zings in reverse.
Reverse appears to also have a double input requirement, i guess its to save the esc from popping in the event of full forward to reverse.
another thing i am going to have to look into: it seems to me after watching a few of my video's, the "vee" antenna appears to have less glitching when pointed away from the rx....interesting, I'm going to have to do a little more research on close-to the ground antenna's.
Dacono Air is online now Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Old Jun 03, 2011, 12:10 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,069 Posts
oh well. it has been very windy in the UK lately. then it rained for at least one week, more drizzle than rain and guess what... more dry weather with WIND.
I am hoping I will be able to fly tomorrow. If not I will be in the shed (man cave) doing "stuff"... here is my TO DO list:

- install RSSI on the skywalker and the Cularis.
- Start on Skywalker No2 with RVOSD and RTH. the problem on this is to make a clean installation trying to avoid the normal rat's nest and taking care of avoiding ground loop.
-I am soon to receive a KKmulticopter board and I have a tricopter frame all made up, so I will start this project.

so much to do
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Jun 03, 2011, 01:33 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
oh well. it has been very windy in the UK lately. then it rained for at least one week, more drizzle than rain and guess what... more dry weather with WIND.
I am hoping I will be able to fly tomorrow. If not I will be in the shed (man cave) doing "stuff"... here is my TO DO list:

- install RSSI on the skywalker and the Cularis.
- Start on Skywalker No2 with RVOSD and RTH. the problem on this is to make a clean installation trying to avoid the normal rat's nest and taking care of avoiding ground loop.
-I am soon to receive a KKmulticopter board and I have a tricopter frame all made up, so I will start this project.

so much to do
Oh lucky you you have a skywalker !

Nice weather tomorrow, but not hot at 18 C. 5 Mph wind, thats great ! Powered up the EE, it seems to work, as well as the 2nd receiver with 3dbi antenna (wich dismantled in my hands but I could put back togheter ).

So tomorrow i'll try the new 3dbi omni, the eagle eye video distribution and diversity. So much to do, heh RCM BTW, could you give me info on your tricopter, where you bought it etc ?

Also have a radioshack project box to enclose the EE. The shrinkwrap doesn't protect anything very well. Inspiration from here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1374435
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by carguy1994ca; Jun 03, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:12 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,855 Posts
Dacono, that RC truck looks like the perfect headtracker trainer, plus ad a spotlight to the pan so you can see where you are going in the dark!

Supposed to be in the 80s this weekend!
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:32 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Oh lucky you you have a skywalker !

Nice weather tomorrow, but not hot at 18 C. 5 Mph wind, thats great ! Powered up the EE, it seems to work, as well as the 2nd receiver with 3dbi antenna (wich dismantled in my hands but I could put back togheter ).

So tomorrow i'll try the new 3dbi omni, the eagle eye video distribution and diversity. So much to do, heh RCM BTW, could you give me info on your tricopter, where you bought it etc ?

Also have a radioshack project box to enclose the EE. The shrinkwrap doesn't protect anything very well. Inspiration from here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1374435
Did you get that at the local Source CG? We have one in town but they hardly stock anything at all, I will have to see if they can get one in. Good find!
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:37 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,465 Posts
Quote:
Supposed to be in the 80s this weekend
Michael Jackson is coming back ?

Quote:
Did you get that at the local Source CG?
Yes. Go on their website, type in the item number, and then click on "store availability" and you will see if your store has them in stock. Worked for me.
RCG Plus Member