HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2011, 08:27 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
It is incredibile the difference in culture by driving 30 miles. Just had a couple of sandwichs, they were very good. Planning on going back for breakfast. 8^)
True that, I used to stop by a little town called Lyndon on my many forays stateside, I was amazed at how much different American towns were from each other. There was Sumas, wall to wall taverns gas stations and mega coolers full of beer in every gas station (us canucks thought that was SO cool), as were most of the Gas Stations en route to Bellingham, there there was Lyndon, with one tiny tavern and one liquor store that hardly seemed open. I still marvel though, at the cleanliness and neatness at that little town, I still like to go down there when I'm down that way.

You're there right in the middle of Canuck's fever, but I'm sure you're aware of that by now..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2011, 12:36 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
663 Posts
i have joined

the fpv world. plugged a bunch of plugs together.....haier said no signal.....looked at every plug i could see and didnt see any unplugged................................. pulled main battery plug and plugged it back in....video came up...go figure...

wrapped my wires up with some velcro straps...dont want to fly to close to somebody and have the wires catch on their head or some other appendage and hurt them...

HK osd is the tiny thing wrapped with velco strap on the bottom...the connectors and the wiring weigh 3 times as much as the osd.....it weighs 3.3 grams...

gives me 2 voltages and countup time from motor battery plug in...works ok...still trying to calibrate it....motor batt reading is right on, camera batt is about 0.2V too high.
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Old May 25, 2011, 01:15 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Startin' to look like a REAL FPV plane!
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old May 25, 2011, 07:57 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
startin' to look like a real fpv plane!:d
+ 1 :d
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2011, 10:12 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
+ 1 :d
yes... like a rat's nest with wings
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old May 25, 2011, 11:46 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,401 Posts
Quote:
huh??
forgot to post the link :Check at 1:33 for a bling bling Ground Station

3D & FPV (5 min 4 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2011, 12:06 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
CG - a coworker brought his Stryker to work yesterday and we went out and did two batteries worth. (I just watched)

Wow! - those look like fun, now I want one! I think I would want to FPV it though, that thing can be reduced to a dot in the sky in seconds! What size battery are you running? Stock motor too?
Old May 25, 2011, 12:15 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
CG - a coworker brought his Stryker to work yesterday and we went out and did two batteries worth. (I just watched)

Wow! - those look like fun, now I want one! I think I would want to FPV it though, that thing can be reduced to a dot in the sky in seconds! What size battery are you running? Stock motor too?
Mine is just the bare fuse with the double fins. Motor is a Hobby King inrunner (20$) and although it doesn't go as fast as the stock F27C it is plenty fast for FPV. I use one 2200 Mah battery for a 8:30 to 10 minutes flight at half to 3/4 throttle. Just look at my last video posted here.

If you want to go FPV, check for the fuse and fins (and maybe ailerons) in the replacement parts for the stryker. If you already have a motor and esc, it will come cheap.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2011, 10:38 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfoamer View Post
the fpv world. plugged a bunch of plugs together.....haier said no signal.....looked at every plug i could see and didnt see any unplugged................................. pulled main battery plug and plugged it back in....video came up...go figure...

wrapped my wires up with some velcro straps...dont want to fly to close to somebody and have the wires catch on their head or some other appendage and hurt them...

HK osd is the tiny thing wrapped with velco strap on the bottom...the connectors and the wiring weigh 3 times as much as the osd.....it weighs 3.3 grams...

gives me 2 voltages and countup time from motor battery plug in...works ok...still trying to calibrate it....motor batt reading is right on, camera batt is about 0.2V too high.
Now you need one of those patch antennas you put on your head
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Last edited by Art Newland; May 25, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:44 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
forgot to post the link :Check at 1:33 for a bling bling Ground Station

http://vimeo.com/24054646
Wow, must be nice to be a high roller!

Looks like Chilliwack is going to get rained out, and Milliamp has been sick the last couple of days so I'm headed home.

Still have a pocket full of loonies and toonies.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:58 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Wow, must be nice to be a high roller!

Looks like Chilliwack is going to get rained out, and Milliamp has been sick the last couple of days so I'm headed home.

Still have a pocket full of loonies and toonies.
I just talked to my mom down there, she said the weather has been crappy lately, to bad you had to hit it while you were there. Did you at least get to watch the game last night at a local watering hole?
Old May 25, 2011, 11:09 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
I just talked to my mom down there, she said the weather has been crappy lately, to bad you had to hit it while you were there. Did you at least get to watch the game last night at a local watering hole?
After being up to nights in a row taking care of the dog, wasn't in much of a mood for a sports bar. Did watch the last part in the motel room, Canuck crazy around there for sure!
Old May 25, 2011, 11:32 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,401 Posts
Quote:
Milliamp has been sick the last couple of days
Surely not too much Tim Hortons left over ? Hope your dog gets well soon. I still have 8 x 1$ bills from last vacation in Maine
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2011, 11:34 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,401 Posts
Video from St-Fabien uploading right now, should be ready in the morning. Computer works harder on rendering the HD files. Vista not good for video duty, wish I could change "easily" to windows 7.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2011, 09:03 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,401 Posts
FPV at St-Fabien, be sure to watch it in HD !

FPV St-Fabien (6 min 5 sec)
RCG Plus Member