HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:50 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,863 Posts
Tried to buy a vTx on the for sale forum, but somebody beat me to it.
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:54 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I could get three of the #11's for the price of the FCO-HD...
Or one gopro since you will need the wide lens that FCO needs and HL sells for 49 $ !!! Now that makes it more expensive than a Hero 960...

Watched some HD keychain vids, begining to like it a lot...lens already ordered...
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:14 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Or one gopro since you will need the wide lens that FCO needs and HL sells for 49 $ !!! Now that makes it more expensive than a Hero 960...

Watched some HD keychain vids, begining to like it a lot...lens already ordered...
link for the lense?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:17 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post

gpro doesn't do 1080P?
well, the FCO-HD doesn't either...
maybe that's the best option?
I need to see some video taken with a 960.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:22 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
gpro doesn't do 1080P?
well, the FCO-HD doesn't either...
maybe that's the best option?
I need to see some video taken with a 960.
I think if one should go the gopro route, it is better to go with the naked that does it all (less the stands for bikes or helmet). Does 1080p, has the wide lens, takes pictures at 5, 10 or more time interval.

Link for the macro lens:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0-67x-Wide-Ang...item3a6271fded
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:28 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,863 Posts
The 960 is only $10 more than the FCO-HD, not as aerodynamic, but probably a better camera.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:32 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,513 Posts
Also check this for added lens to keychain:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2643
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:05 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Gopro does 1080p, 720, 960 and 640 SD. The naked is the best buy for us, the 960 does 720 and 960, but the 720 is 30 fps only. Lot's of AV'ers like the 60fps for grabbing cleaner screenshots and crisp slo-mo. They also have the still photo interval shooting where you set it to take a picture every x seconds. Not the prettiest camera, but dang impressive for its size and tough as all getout when inside the case (which also comes in waterproof)
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:18 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,863 Posts
The HD HERO 960 features the same professional grade 960p, 720p and 480p (WVGA) video & 5MP timelapse photo modes, and incredible sound recording system as its big brother, the original HD HERO camera.

Record up to 2.5 hours on a single charge and up to 9 hours total on a 32GB SD card (not included).

Missing from the HD HERO 960 are 720p @ 60fps, 1080p video, and the HERO BUS expansion port in the rear of the camera that will let you take advantage of GoPro’s forthcoming BacPac accessories – LCD screen & Battery Extension – both important features for filmmaking hobbyists & professional videographers that are compatible with the original HD HERO camera.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:02 PM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,674 Posts
I have seen some videos taken 720p @ 60fps and played back at 30fps. I was impressed how smooth it made the video. When I get another video camera, it will have 720p @ 60fps mode.
I'll try to find the video and post a link.

I think this is it.
Big-Big Easystar First Video Flight (12 min 34 sec)
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM
Last edited by MorrisM; Apr 19, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:23 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,513 Posts
Nicely made video !
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:56 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Yes, that intro is excellent!
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:45 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,513 Posts
Well jumped in the HD FPV filming and ordered the HD keychain for 40 $. It has the car charger so I'll be able to charge it at the field. Won't impress anyone with it but just hope to be up to par on the video tread Some of those guys make incredible videos !
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:37 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
938 Posts
Carguy1994ca, I noticed I missed a question you asked earlier. Yes, I'm using a 5.8Ghz vtx on the ground to re-transmit the video to my Fatshark goggles. 1280Mhz vtx to transmit from the plane to the ground station.

To all.. You just can't go wrong with the $40 #11. The super thing about its size is that with a bit of paper tape, you can attach it to ANY plane (except an Blade mSR - Ive tried). Jello video is an issue with these tiny cams because of vibration. Just tape the cam as snug as you can and you're golden. However, if your fuse is vibrating on a lighter plane due to an unbalanced prop.. you'll always have jello video under power. In those cases, I just take the plane way up and glide, sans throttle, to get smooth video. I edit out the jello.

Art,
I DID fly my plane with goggles once for about 5min and it was fun and nerve racking at the same time. I really have been trying to hold off the temptation until I get the Flight Stabilization and Dragon OSD installed and I get more comfort with the range of my system. The guys at my field are NOT keen to me flying in any way that is not strictly per AMA Supplement 550. Sticklers they are.. and they love their rules.
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:02 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
Carguy1994ca, I noticed I missed a question you asked earlier. Yes, I'm using a 5.8Ghz vtx on the ground to re-transmit the video to my Fatshark goggles. 1280Mhz vtx to transmit from the plane to the ground station.

To all.. You just can't go wrong with the $40 #11. The super thing about its size is that with a bit of paper tape, you can attach it to ANY plane (except an Blade mSR - Ive tried). Jello video is an issue with these tiny cams because of vibration. Just tape the cam as snug as you can and you're golden. However, if your fuse is vibrating on a lighter plane due to an unbalanced prop.. you'll always have jello video under power. In those cases, I just take the plane way up and glide, sans throttle, to get smooth video. I edit out the jello.

Art,
I DID fly my plane with goggles once for about 5min and it was fun and nerve racking at the same time. I really have been trying to hold off the temptation until I get the Flight Stabilization and Dragon OSD installed and I get more comfort with the range of my system. The guys at my field are NOT keen to me flying in any way that is not strictly per AMA Supplement 550. Sticklers they are.. and they love their rules.
No problem for installing it, I played a lot with the regular 808

BTW, don't wait for all the stuff to fly FPV, it will get more complicated as you add stuff. get a feel for the system with what you have and learn how to improve your video link if needed.

Just make LOS flight that you will record or have spotter to check the video link. You will check the range of the radio at the same time, then if video link is good, fly it FPV. Add the OSD and stabilization (why that I don't know, it is much easier to fly FPV than LOS once you are acustomed to it. If you are inverted, green will be on top...).

If you fly the same circuits as you do LOS and you fly with a spotter or with a buddy box, you won't have problem.

My 2 cents.
RCG Plus Member