HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:33 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkfoamer View Post
this clip was almost directly looking under the sun!!....2000 camera real good!!

BETTER, LONGER video loading now....a must see event
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Nov 2004
671 Posts
longer flight at fairview park

first semi-long video using haier and cannon camera in video mode...i am happy with the view in the haier box, much better than the camera recording vid. 2000 camera DOES give adequate FOV, if i just could sort out where i am at using the FPV mode. I guess that will come with more FPV time in the box.

Dont need any additional shielding of sunlight around box opening, as long as i dont allow sunlight directly onto haier screen.
Overall great fun and keeps you on your toes! Have to get up real early to fly the slow stick before the wind starts down here.
Got another plane given to me by a clubmember, much stiffer wing, hope it flys in a little wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtzKKWBz0IE
pkfoamer is offline Find More Posts by pkfoamer
Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:48 PM
Joined Nov 2004
671 Posts
2.4 gig vs 2.4 gig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
some servo stretchers, and a FrSky 2.4G module and reciever.
Is there any problem transmitting 2.4 g when using a spectrum 2.4 gig receiver a few inches away on the plane? Maybe i will need to go back to 72mh.

If more people want to fly FPV here we are then limited to either1 channel (910mhz), or maybe need to go to 5.8ghz??

Is 5.8 far enuf from 2.4 so that it is not a problem next to 2.4 spectrum receiver?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined Nov 2004
671 Posts
2.4 vs 5.8

Quote:
Cool pkfoamer!

more 5.8G testing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Rw2WEhCSM
thats better than my 910 200mw does now.....looks like the next project will be making up a 5.8 system.

Let me know please if you know if there is any 5.8 incompat with the 2.4 spectrum radio system.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 03:35 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,322 Posts
Art, very nice demo of the CP antennas. Since 5.8 transmission doesn't resist beeing blocked by object, those ant. are amazing !

I saw that recorder while shopping for the aiptek. Sounds great for the price.

pkoamer, nice picture with the haier. Good to see you fly FPV. I would avoid flying 2,4 FPV with spektrum equipment. It can be done but based on what I read it is asking for trouble. I think 5,8 with 2,4 is less critical.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2011, 03:42 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,322 Posts
I brought it back !

Back from Stryker FPV flying ! It went great, plan worked although I did have a couple of close calls...

After a first 5 minutes flight LOS, I went to check the clip I made and found perfect video link. So went in for a first FPV flight with the Haier and I figured I could use the same battery for another 5 minutes flight. About 1000 feet from where I was standing, I could hear the motor hit LVC Could bring the plane back safely but I was flying with a strong headwind.

After that I made a first goggle flight. About 3 minutes into the flight, the wind got into the tv box and flipped the tripod over I could feel the goggle's wire pull and then bang ! Wire stayed attached and video link remained good enough to bring back the plane although the patch was face down in the snow. That got my blood going fast for a while It is funny that in the Fatshark info thay say this wire as a connector that is rock solid, well I can assure you it is true !!!

Will post video tomorrow, going out tonight. Happy camper I am
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:03 PM
Joined Nov 2004
671 Posts
re: 2.4 vs 2.4 ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Art, very nice demo of the CP antennas. Since 5.8 transmission doesn't resist beeing blocked by object, those ant. are amazing !

I saw that recorder while shopping for the aiptek. Sounds great for the price.

pkoamer, nice picture with the haier. Good to see you fly FPV. I would avoid flying 2,4 FPV with spektrum equipment. It can be done but based on what I read it is asking for trouble. I think 5,8 with 2,4 is less critical.
thanks a lot carguy! I dont know much about electronics, but would rather not take a chance and not have a compatible FVP/rc experience....will look at 5.8 hard. If anybody else decides to go FPV at out field at 910mhz, we will be standing in line!!!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:07 PM
Joined Nov 2004
671 Posts
FOV on stryker camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Back from Stryker FPV flying ! It went great, plan worked although I did have a couple of close calls...

After a first 5 minutes flight LOS, I went to check the clip I made and found perfect video link. So went in for a first FPV flight with the Haier and I figured I could use the same battery for another 5 minutes flight. About 1000 feet from where I was standing, I could hear the motor hit LVC Could bring the plane back safely but I was flying with a strong headwind.

After that I made a first goggle flight. About 3 minutes into the flight, the wind got into the tv box and flipped the tripod over I could feel the goggle's wire pull and then bang ! Wire stayed attached and video link remained good enough to bring back the plane although the patch was face down in the snow. That got my blood going fast for a while It is funny that in the Fatshark info thay say this wire as a connector that is rock solid, well I can assure you it is true !!!

Will post video tomorrow, going out tonight. Happy camper I am
great recovery!!!....It will be a while befor i try to fly something that much faster than my slow stick!!!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:56 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,270 Posts
Quote:
I have one of those, the JXD 990 it is ok to record and see your flights, you can also watch what you are recording.
However the recording is not great when viewed with a "big" computer screen...It will record through static.

I stopped using it as a recorder but I am using it as an MP4 player
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:58 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Quote:
Is there any problem transmitting 2.4 g when using a spectrum 2.4 gig receiver a few inches away on the plane? Maybe i will need to go back to 72mh.

If more people want to fly FPV here we are then limited to either1 channel (910mhz), or maybe need to go to 5.8ghz??

Is 5.8 far enuf from 2.4 so that it is not a problem next to 2.4 spectrum receiver?
You certainly don't want video and r/c both on 2.4G. The way I understand it, 2.4 should be fine with 5.8 video gear, I plan to try it... Will let you know the results.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 06:59 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,270 Posts
Art, that cloverleaf looks interesting, But I cannot fathom the geometry of the thing... to me it look like an outlined boat propeller, Am I right ?
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:24 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Art, that cloverleaf looks interesting, But I cannot fathom the geometry of the thing... to me it look like an outlined boat propeller, Am I right ?
Pretty much, it's why they call it a cloverleaf.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 07:26 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
I think soldering each "leaf" individually would be easier than IBC's method, at least for the small 5.8 stuff.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:15 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Joined Apr 2001
13,976 Posts
Quote:
first semi-long video using haier and cannon camera in video mode...i am happy with the view in the haier box, much better than the camera recording vid. 2000 camera DOES give adequate FOV, if i just could sort out where i am at using the FPV mode. I guess that will come with more FPV time in the box.

Dont need any additional shielding of sunlight around box opening, as long as i dont allow sunlight directly onto haier screen.
Overall great fun and keeps you on your toes! Have to get up real early to fly the slow stick before the wind starts down here.
Got another plane given to me by a clubmember, much stiffer wing, hope it flys in a little wind.

One thing that I really like about this is, it is recording the pilot and spotter conversation... I might have to rig up a mic on my GS and send it to one of the audio channels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtzKKWBz0IE
One thing that I really like about this is, it is recording the pilot and spotter conversation... I might have to rig up a mic on my GS and send it to one of the audio channels.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:29 PM
Joined Nov 2004
671 Posts
terrain flight at fairview park

Quote:
i dont want to mislead anybody....This particular flight was not controlled FPV. Ken was flying the plane LOS and i had the camera poked into the box to record the flight (and to tell him where to go to get me some good terrain data for study.)....was a big breeze, but he did good with the flapping slow stick. cant record without cannon, dont have camcorder yet...