HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:11 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
If you look at time 10:38 (slo-mo) and look directly above the left most "1" on the OSD, you'll see the "white thing", it's just a small blip at this altitude.
Not a polar bear...really don't know what it is ? I only see white thing everywhere when I fly so in your vids I prefer to look at the green.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,446 Posts
I completly missed Dacono's post about the super cub and Aiptek. Great you found what was wrong with the plane. My Aiptek is the DZO-V58N model. Records static well, paid 30 $ with the bad screen finally. The guy gave me 20 $ back. I found I can use it for playback and adjusting menus items with the A/V out and the haier tv.

Anybody can power their Aiptek externally ? I'd like to power it through the GS battery. Could use the charging plug to get the 3,7 volts but how can I connect it to the aiptek ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8 View Post
I don't think they are really big... the width is about equal to the length of a dollar bill... and the height is about half that length... Sorry about that, it's the only standard measurement thing that I have around me... I'll take a pic when I grab the camera next time I get up (bum foot)...

I'll try the osd thing sometime and let you know...
Next thing to know would be if you could run the HK OSD on the ground station, show the GS battery voltage, and still us another OSD in the plane? Wouls it display them both?
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:23 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I completly missed Dacono's post about the super cub and Aiptek. Great you found what was wrong with the plane. My Aiptek is the DZO-V58N model. Records static well, paid 30 $ with the bad screen finally. The guy gave me 20 $ back. I found I can use it for playback and adjusting menus items with the A/V out and the haier tv.

Anybody can power their Aiptek externally ? I'd like to power it through the GS battery. Could use the charging plug to get the 3,7 volts but how can I connect it to the aiptek ?
My guess, since the aiptek charges with a mini USB port, you could use a 5v reglualor (or UBEC) to power it. I've seen cigarette lighter (car) adapters for USB charging.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:31 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,446 Posts
Quote:
My guess, since the aiptek charges with a mini USB port, you could use a 5v reglualor (or UBEC) to power it. I've seen cigarette lighter (car) adapters for USB charging.
Thats a good idea. Mine stops working after awhile at recording. Don't know for sure if it is the memory that is full or the battery that is low...it kind of freeze and I can just shut it off. It will let me record quite some video though. Didn't take the time to test what causes this and if it is a normal condition of the camera.

I use a 5000 mAh lipo on the GS and it take only about 800 mAh to power the goggles and receiver for a whole session. Tripple that maybe if I power the Haier through it and it still has nice margin. I can always check the voltage with the "watts up" I keep handy to check all the batteries that go in the "full" battery compartment in the FPV carrying case.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:55 PM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
900mhz Cloverleaf

Here are pictures of the 900mhz Cloverleaf antenna.
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:15 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8 View Post
Here are pictures of the 900mhz Cloverleaf antenna.
My glider could easily carry this. Do you install one on the plane and one on the ground ? Or can it be used on the plane with the patch on the ground ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:37 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Quote:
My glider could easily carry this. Do you install one on the plane and one on the ground ? Or can it be used on the plane with the patch on the ground ?
I would imagine that you would need them on the Tx and Rx to be of any use. Neat part of these CP antennas is that they are omnidirectional. I am thinking that this style of antenna and 5.8G gear will become the standard for FPV.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:55 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
AFAIK it can be on either/both ends. If I'm not mistaken, I think Alex recommends the cloverleaf on the plane and the circular polarized on the rx for good omni directional coverage. I have the inverted vee for my plane and the bi-quad for the rx.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:36 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Did you see the "white thing" on the last video?
Yeah, I saw it in your last video. Here it is at 3:45 into my video:

Flytron video switcher test (5 min 13 sec)
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:31 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,479 Posts
Guess I'm gonna have to put the Tx back on the Slow Stick an do a low-slow pass, over the "white thing" and see what the heck it is.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:28 PM
Certifiable
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,731 Posts
The white thing is most likeky a Chupacabra, best be carefull as i hear they love airplanes for a tasty snack!
Dacono Air is offline Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:57 PM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
I have one for both rx and tx, but from what I've read it works ok with a Vee on the tx too... a 3dbi loss over the patch/vee arrangement but able to transmit well in banked turns and aerobatics.

I don't think it's too big for either my Wing Dragon, L4, or the Senorita.

Quote:
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:58 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacono Air View Post
The white thing is most likeky a Chupacabra, best be carefull as i hear they love airplanes for a tasty snack!
LOL ! Funny ! Send balsabuster on a mission with is down looking cam. That switcher works very nicely. I think it will work find for finding lost planes and plane eating critters.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:59 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,446 Posts
Balsabuster what plane are you flying ? I saw the prop was stopped on a couple times while you where flying and on landing.
RCG Plus Member