Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,993 Posts
The idea of putting a camera on the antenna tracker on the ground to film the plane wouldm't be that bad after all for beginners. I too had problem landing the plane at first: The camera was pointing down and made it look like the plane was going to crash. This made me pull on the elevator and then it stalled the plane. the plane was gliding Ok to ground on LOS approach so I had to trust that it was the same behind the camera lens.

Flying with a body at first is defenitely a plus, he can tell you if the attitude of the plane is OK.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:09 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,993 Posts
I'm thinking of a graphic for the Stryker that I think RCMonster will like...I'll show you as soon as it is ready, and no it is not the Marsupilami although the plane is yellow.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by carguy1994ca; Mar 16, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:05 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacono Air View Post
A photo of the setup...pretty simple and straight forward...
I know when I put a keychain cam right on top of the wing like you show there it made my HZ Super Cub behave very strange, but I've even seen guys sticking the cams out on the wings or even taped to the end of a carbon rod looking down at the plane and still flying them so maybe it's just me.

My thumb cam mounts on the bottom very similar to what you show though, and I never even notice it. I put it through one of the holes in the bottom panel and an elastic threaded through the other one. I've also added a keychain cam facing back just in front of the battery box with no noticeable effects. But putting them on top seems to really wonkify the way it flies.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:09 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
How long does it take regular mail to get to Canada from USA?
I just got my 1.3 gear from Tim, just 7 days, but I had it sent it priority post. Last time I think it was just over a week.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:21 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,993 Posts
The priority shipping was kind of expensive. they shipped mine "first class international", wich is cheaper but still has tracking.

I find RMRC and NGHobies give excellent service, and they have good reputation.

Tell us how your 1.3 gear works, and show us too Are you flying 72 mHz ? Or UHF ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,952 Posts
I got the USPS priority mail international, it was the 2nd least expensive, I think $10-$15 over the regular USPS. I sold my 900MHz to a coworker who was not going to be in after tomorrow for a couple of weeks, and I added a camera to this order for him and wanted to make sure it got here before he left.

I am going to try 72MHz for awhile, initially I was led to believe that the spectrum DX7 & new DX8 were the top of the radio world (mostly from the LHS's) and it wasn't till I really started reading this board that I realized that wasn't necessarily the case.

I bought a used Futaba 4 channel for $60 that I had planned on using, then I just picked up a Futaba 9CHP Super that's barely used and a brand new Futaba rx off a guy thats getting out of the hobby for $150. Talk about intimidating though! All the programming options etc.. that come with this are something else. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the led strings to work on one of the other channels, since my plane is only 3 channel I have plenty left over..
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:36 PM
Certifiable
USA, CO, Dacono
Joined Aug 2009
1,821 Posts
Glenstr - thanks for the input, good to have another SC owners insight on the problem. You may have the valid point, I have moved the gear on top of the wing around a bit but never totaly off the top - I will be trying that as well.
May have misslead a couple of folks - I have not actually tried flying the cub "FPV" yet..have too get the bug's worked out before any fpv'n.
No art I havn't picked up a 75ohm resistor yet..it's in the works...none locally.
Dacono Air is offline Find More Posts by Dacono Air
Old Mar 17, 2011, 02:59 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I'm thinking of a graphic for the Stryker that I think RCMonster will like...I'll show you as soon as it is ready, and no it is not the Marsupilami although the plane is yellow.
I am intrigued cant wait to see. I will try making a quick video on mine later an post it.
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:10 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
5,979 Posts
here it is carguy1994ca. my stryker. I don't know the all up weight but it wont be too far away from the expected all up weight with a 2200 battery

stryker.MP4 (4 min 46 sec)
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:53 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
5,979 Posts
since I am at it, here is a video of my trip to the clouds..
hope you like it

foray in the clouds (5 min 1 sec)
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:49 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
since I am at it, here is a video of my trip to the clouds..
hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q2Yit7ezbo
Old stuff...saw it in the other tread Nice one tough, post more of them ! Thanks for the stryker video ! Will show you mine this weekend.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:13 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,715 Posts
Nice stuff RCM, I'm jealous of your flying weather, interesting to hear your voice as well. My version of the striker will be the wing I bought... pictures back in the thread somewhere. I'd like more info on the small camera you are using on your Striker?
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Last edited by Art Newland; Mar 17, 2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:24 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Joined Sep 2003
5,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Nice stuff RCM, I'm jealous of your flying weather, interesting to hear your voice as well. My version of the striker will be the wing I bought... pictures back in the thread somewhere. I'd like my info on the small camera you are using on your Striker?
that's the baby here but it shows not available

My flying weather has been really bad. that day we had strong but steady winds right across the runway, you could see the SW crabbing to stay in line with the runway
Old Mar 17, 2011, 02:07 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Here's a video with my Aiptek HD1080P looking directly at my Haier 7" T.V. screen. During the short switching time, the Aiptek gives up and reverts to "looking thru the lens" mode. I don't think there is a problem with the video system or switcher, the problem seems to be that the Aiptek is real finicky about the consistency of the video signal.

Art - I'm going to have to go back through this thread to see why I don't see you using the EasyCap anymore.

rcmonster99 - Love the accent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQecDHbH9XE
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Mar 17, 2011, 02:42 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
that's the baby here but it shows not available

My flying weather has been really bad. that day we had strong but steady winds right across the runway, you could see the SW crabbing to stay in line with the runway
This time of year we have to take what flying weather we can get!

supposed to be 60 this Sunday, hope no wind.

Nice little camera, must be sold other places too.
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland