HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:12 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
This is a delicate matter...In this day and age with all the people around wanting to sue each other I wonder if this is not an open invitation for trouble...

I was in the committee of our club when we got a report of a plane flying away, It was a gas plane then.
Someone walked in the local model shop which contacted us.This guy demanded a meeting with us (the committee) so we went to his house cap in hand and fully apologetic.
The plane fell near him so he felt his life was in danger, and because of that wanted some redress, he would not return the plane and he went to the authorities.

Thankfully the cops thought that the guy was wasting police time. Wanting to press charges for what a toy aeroplane was about to do to him was a something to be laughed at.
The police ended up threatening the guy by charging him for theft if he did not return the plane.

All in all It was a really unpleasant episode...

I am all for being responsible and dealing with reasonable people. normally an apology and some damage compensation (broken window or dented car) should take care of the worst problems and that would be that, but if the thing goes to court...then your livelihood is at stake
That is a dilemma: I want the plane back and I am ready to pay damage if any, but I want to keep my house ! I placed a few calls but didn't shout it out loud. We'll see how it turns out. In Quebec sueing is not a national sport. I should get by with a sorry and paying damage if any. If someone is hurt than it is another story, I couldn't stop thinking about if the plane hit a car moving in the street...

I'll choose my places better next time and to the apropriate checks on video link quality. And fly in new places in no wind.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:13 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Looking to order a new VTx and camera. Unfortunatly RMRc and NGHobbies are out of 500 mw 900 Mhz tx. I think I am going to order a 200 Mw for the Stryker. It will be lighter and smaller and place is at a premium on a stryker.

Any idea about range Art ? How far did you go with your 200 Mw ?
I've been out nearly to the tree line to the east of us, about 1700 feet, and clear as a bell so far. I plan on using it on the Senorita also and will push it out a little farther.
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:19 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,321 Posts
that should be enough range. I lost my inverted "v" and RMRc is out. Where did you buy the stuff to make yours ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:48 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,832 Posts
Quote:
that should be enough range. I lost my inverted "v" and RMRc is out. Where did you buy the stuff to make yours ?
PM a mailing address, I'll send you the material to make one.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:10 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Looking to order a new VTx and camera. Unfortunatly RMRc and NGHobbies are out of 500 mw 900 Mhz tx. I think I am going to order a 200 Mw for the Stryker. It will be lighter and smaller and place is at a premium on a stryker.

Any idea about range Art ? How far did you go with your 200 Mw ?
I just got a complete 900 set from RMRC then decided to go to 1.3 because of the wireless ISP in my area. I could have sent you what you need but I just sold the whole thing to a coworker. Hopefully you will get what you need soon..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:37 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
I just got a complete 900 set from RMRC then decided to go to 1.3 because of the wireless ISP in my area. I could have sent you what you need but I just sold the whole thing to a coworker. Hopefully you will get what you need soon..
Ordered a 200 Mw Tx at NGHobbies and a 420 OSD camera. Price was good.

Art: PM sent ! Thanks ! Let me know how much $.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:20 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,832 Posts
Quote:
Ordered a 200 Mw Tx at NGHobbies and a 420 OSD camera. Price was good.

Art: PM sent ! Thanks ! Let me know how much $.
Inverted "V" parts are on the way. If you need help assembling, LMK.

Bonne chance!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 07:41 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Inverted "V" parts are on the way. If you need help assembling, LMK.

Bonne chance!
Wow ! En francais !!! Merci beaucoup !

I'll let you know for the assembly. camera and 200 Mw VTx on the way too, I bought another Stryker that is assembled less motor and rx. Now I need to find a video battery, an order to Hk maybe ? Or one to RMRC for an LC Filter and let go of the video battery all the way ? Humm...computing...please wait...
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:03 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:

I'll let you know for the assembly. camera and 200 Mw VTx on the way too, I bought another Stryker that is assembled less motor and rx. Now I need to find a video battery, an order to Hk maybe ? Or one to RMRC for an LC Filter and let go of the video battery all the way ? Humm...computing...please wait...
maybe a RTH unit too..?

I've been thinking about maybe investing in one of these some point down the road..
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:34 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,832 Posts
Quote:

I have LC filter on the slow stick, simple to make... could have sent you parts for that too.

I've ordered a few batteries from hobbypartz.com, free shipping (USA anyway) and prices almost as good as HK.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:37 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I have LC filter on the slow stick, simple to make... could have sent you parts for that too.

I've ordered a few batteries from hobbypartz.com, free shipping (USA anyway) and prices almost as good as HK.
I think I'll order the LC filter on RMRC along with a battery and try both. Hope the filter will be enough so I could spare weight...never tried it to see if needed, I guess it depends of the ESC ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:43 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
maybe a RTH unit too..?

I've been thinking about maybe investing in one of these some point down the road..
RTH I'd like to try for sure ! I'll invest in the dragonlink (need a receiver now so might as well order the whole UHF for a bit more than an AR7000). Then the dragon OSD and I think they do a RTH system...yep they got autopilot ! I want one !
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:59 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,321 Posts
Dragonlink ordered. Left a note to know how long it will take to receive. I guess about a month, they have lots of orders to deliver.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:10 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,832 Posts
Do you still tell her RC is cheap?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:12 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Dragonlink ordered. Left a note to know how long it will take to receive. I guess about a month, they have lots of orders to deliver.
tres cool - after I get some serious fpv time under my belt I'd like think about one of those, can't wait to hear your results!