HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Gentlemen Here is the finished fuse repainted and sealed its off to the cockpit.Maybe this pics will look alittle better.Airsally you fly yours and Ill make mine look prettyHope you get yor gear issues worked out Im sure Ill get there eventually.

regards
Keith
keith b is offline Find More Posts by keith b
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:43 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,852 Posts
very nice ...yeah im ready now just need to glue in the pilot and glue the canopy on .i think we can fly on fri before i go to work. venom has taken care of my issues .i barrowed some parts from another plane until i get the replacement parts. i want to add that Venoms customer service is top notch.they will sell a bunch of planes,with customer service like this . lets face it there are lots of things that can go wrong on a plane with 7 channels.there are bound to be some issues .but as long as they are taken care of as fast as Venom has ...im a happy camper
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:27 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Not watching enough Sabre threads, thought I should subscribe to this one too. Thanks for letting me know Air Sally
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:48 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Hey Roger Im sure your going to get rid of that seat before you seal the pit,what kind of pilot are you using?Mines a Boomer like Jons.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:31 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,852 Posts
im just going to tack the canopy on for now ...i have a boomer but he needs training first .and he's kinda pale ...must have gotten air sick . i plan on a more scale canopy ,seat and dash ...but i'll do that later.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:39 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Yeah mines pale right now but I have him in the O2 chamber right now he might have some color by tomorrow...
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:59 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Well the jurys still out on the covered cheaterhole...
Preflight I went to air up the retracts but it wouldn't go past 40psi and would quickly lose its air. I couldn't find or hear the leak at the field so I flew with the wheels out. At least the steering works really well now!
Take off roll was noticably longer and climbout was not as good as before, The cheaterhole was doing its job here. Unfortunately with the darn wheels out in the breeze it was not fast and required more throttle to cruise around. So once I fix the airleak I'll try again.
But my initial impressions are leave it open if you have stock power, it works.

Keith, my ICE75 ESC(w/heatsink)is tucked in alongside the airtank and I covered the stock ESC hole to make the intake smoother. No heat issues...yet.

A/S I'll dig up my camera but essentially I cleartaped thin cardboard (A PizzaHut breadstick box!) cut to fit from front edge of wing to front edge of retract
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Last edited by bmiller; Aug 26, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:47 PM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Has anybody found an alternative landing strut shaft?
zoomtt is offline Find More Posts by zoomtt
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Not premade...not that I know of. We have all just been using some kind of 3mm shaft and making our own. I used shock shafts from a HPI Savage. Others I have heard using 3mm music/piano wire (whatever it's called), others even a 3mm motor shaft.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,852 Posts
i used 1/8" piano wire i had to cut to length and grinf my own flat spots for the set screws .
Im ready if C/N can go tomarrow we'll madien ,im using a robart valve for now and the venom system held air all night long
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:36 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Oh, and I guess we should point out this post from Venom from the other thread on the landing gear struts too. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=354
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:39 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,852 Posts
here some more
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:47 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Thank goodness they knocked it down for you. Atleast now there is a firebreak.