HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:18 AM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Airsally Ive seen your work, I have to really get into hard to be able to compete with you guys.
keith b is offline Find More Posts by keith b
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:36 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
looks great kieth!looks like you added a larger star and bar on the fuse? the one on the huff looks too small, and the wing one is too big. i dont know guys. i like this plane so much, i dont knowif we can share one! call me freakin crazy, but ive been considering selling my JHH sabre. i just bought a mustang GT....and i want to buy some aftermarket stuff for it, and maybe one of these sabres for myself. i only fly it a few times a year because our home field is just too small. and even the though of something going wrong and me tossing a couple grand into the ground and hundreds of hours of work. im kinda leaning away from the higher $$ models. too much riding on luck.cant wait to fly the venom sabre. i could never talk my dad into formation flying after the skyray incident though!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:08 AM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
I think your right it would be hard to have just one because they all look so good.I wish I had Bajora or Bmillers video cant remember who did it but it was very nice.I have figured out away to make my canopy slide but not real sure on a latch to keep it closed..Ill continue playing.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:46 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
call me freakin crazy, but ive been considering selling my JHH sabre.
JetMang is online now Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:57 AM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Awesome pilots for your tomcat Chris.And the plane is unbelievable Larry told me about it.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:57 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,944 Posts
yeah
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:22 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
not if, but when a model crashes, it hurts. it really hurts when you cant get anything out of it. whats the point of having a model i fly a few times a year. when i can get a couple garnd out of it?? its just a thought. i love the dang thing. and maybe thats a bad thing
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:31 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,699 Posts
I know what you are saying Brent. I have a few air frames like that too. Well, NOTHING as nice as your Sabre of course. There is definitely something to be said for an air frame that is easy to fly, can be flown at a variety of sites and if, god forbid, something bad happens, you are not out a ton of money.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:48 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Stick it out Brent dont sell, youll be sick if you do...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:53 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Brent I crashed a $3000.00 Excel 60 heli because of a glitch on 72mhz I know it hurts.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:57 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,944 Posts
after reading Jons review ...and knowing how many batts C/N has i decided to install larger wires to connect the alum struts. i used 1/8" piano wire for the mains .i bored out the retracts to accept the larger dia wire.and i use some stronger wire to replace the nose gear wire .i ground a slot for the set screw only about 180 degrees around the wire so it should be stronger . if this has proplems i step up to 1/8" wire there also . still having issues with the retract valve and the fill valve ...funny im having no proplems with the hose????
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:16 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
AirSally is it the wire bending or the aluminums struts, or combination of both?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 06:59 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,699 Posts
Keith,

Only the wires are bending. The struts are pretty solid IMO, though they have a little more play as far as the wheels holding their line than I would like.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:08 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Im thinking about a set of SAPACs from Robert at EJF later after I bend mine.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:12 PM
Oneonta Alabama
Joined Aug 2010
898 Posts
Jon Ive seen your landings and they looked nice and smoothe to me,I dont see how you bent yours.