HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by abletowinginc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:42 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
Off Site
warning beware of this buyer

lowkeylaidback comes to my house looks over my planes picks a brand new, never flown,arf from nitro planes. the guy looks it up down left right decides to take it.says hes going to mod it and rewire it to take a larger fan. takes it home a week later writes to me that i got over on him. what???? he said he just wanted the airframe so what could be wrong with a never flown jet??? anyway i even ran the jet for him on my bench to prove it worked im sick of people in this hobby trying to get over on people who are just trying to enjoy life a lil.i have a perfect rating because i describe verything in detail to people so there are no excuses but leave it to untruthful people to make something up and make me hate being in the rc hobby it ticks me off sorry to rant here but this is also a warning to other sellers
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:08 PM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:10 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitpilot View Post
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:22 PM
Benign Forecast
Colorado
Joined Dec 2009
341 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I just bought a heli from abletowinginc - and I would buy from him again without a worry. The heli arrived a bit munched (it was packed quite well - USPS just went crazy on the box) and he has been more than helpful/eager to make things right.
So my vouch for abletowinginc for what its worth.
-S
b94cast is online now Find More Posts by b94cast
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:40 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b94cast View Post
I just bought a heli from abletowinginc - and I would buy from him again without a worry. The heli arrived a bit munched (it was packed quite well - USPS just went crazy on the box) and he has been more than helpful/eager to make things right.
So my vouch for abletowinginc for what its worth.
-S
thanks that meens a ton dude
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:54 PM
Laugh NOT at King Tupitos
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,761 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
How old is lowkeylaidback ? Did you explain it all ? It would seem the reason for buying from another person instead of shop is to get the personal details.

They just keep coming out of the woodwork. I could nuke the whole world and out of some crack would come crawling the same old stuff.

I hit the ground running from this stuff. I can only watch thunderstorms and dream.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:07 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
USA, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2009
832 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
wrong place for this... should be in trader talk..

having said that
chevypower1930 is offline Find More Posts by chevypower1930
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:31 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
How old is lowkeylaidback ? Did you explain it all ? It would seem the reason for buying from another person instead of shop is to get the personal details.

They just keep coming out of the woodwork. I could nuke the whole world and out of some crack would come crawling the same old stuff.

I hit the ground running from this stuff. I can only watch thunderstorms and dream.
haha really i meen you held it , smelled it and even watched it run sheesh guess i should have climbed in it and flew it around the garage
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:32 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower1930 View Post
wrong place for this... should be in trader talk..

having said that
i would normally agree but thjis guy is actively buying and looking for more trying to save u guys some headaches
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:02 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,903 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
He's giving me crap right now about some motor mounts he bought from my dad.
fnlrun is online now Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:47 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
He's giving me crap right now about some motor mounts he bought from my dad.
dude is trying to get somethin for nothin hes not really all that knowledgable in rc items
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:57 AM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
769 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
I am old enough to be a granddad and have purchased many things off this board. Jets, Motors, ESC's and receivers that have worked just fine, money spent and product in use.
First I spoke to you all in pm's about not being happy with what I purchased, I did not bring it to the public but left it between the seller and myself. You both came here, not me. I never planed on anything more then a conversation between the seller and myself.

The jet.
It was sold with an incorrect fan for that motor and shaft but you knew that, you forced an incorrect form factor over the shaft, and yes I did not look under the hood as you said it was all good and I took your word for it. You also scalped a ton of foam from the underside of the EDF compartment lid on one side both before and after the EDF unit leaving a nice size gap there between the fan housing and the foam and broke foam over the center wire slot under the lid. Like you were trying to make cheater holes. These two hidden holes will not let this jet perform as expected and I let you know that in private that I was not happy. I now know why it was never flown, with those leaks you could not get enough thrust to lift off.

Now for the motor mount.
When I contacted you and reported that the corsair mount would work fine with the MAS 3 bladed 10X7X3 prop but not with any two bladed prop as all other props seemed to be rubbing on the lower portion of the cowling, you said to me use the spacers we provided you with. I responded to that letting you know that all I got in the box were the mounts for the Corsair and the one for the P51BL, each wrapped in a paper towel, there were no spacers included. You responded to me that you were sorry they were not included and that you would send them right out, that was 8/3/2010. Flash forward 10 days and I send you a note asking if the spacers had been sent. You sent back we only send those with the 90 dollar kit. Now that something new as we had talks before I purchased I was sure led to think this was a plug and play system, all I needed was in the box, why lead me to think you are sending them, why not tell me to get some washers then and not have me thinking I am waiting for special spacers I am thinking are part of the kit.

And when I send you two a pm why come to the public board, I conducted my business with both of you in private, now all the readers can see what I expected and why I was not happy.
Judge for yourself, in the last few weeks I have purchased about 12 items and most of them not new but these are the only two I had some type of issue about, I tried to keep it between the seller and the buyer but they made the call.

On the mounts I wanted to return the product for my cash
On the jet I just let him know I was not happy I did not ask for a refund.
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Last edited by lowkeylaidback; Aug 14, 2010 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Last bit of thoughts
Old Aug 14, 2010, 01:59 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
USA, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2009
832 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
chevypower1930 is offline Find More Posts by chevypower1930
Old Aug 14, 2010, 02:24 AM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
769 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Aug 14, 2010, 03:37 AM
Laugh NOT at King Tupitos
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,761 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Now it doesn't sound fair.

Sellers, don't blow trust in dealing with private individuals or futures sales potential for all could be degraded.

Buyers, You are sinners. It's ok for a seller to do what he wants to you, you are nothing but a fool to part money. The seller has a phone line to God who gave the raspberry when he called about you.

I'm outta these threads.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Closed Thread