SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2010, 01:02 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2004
376 Posts
Has anyone had this experience? I purchased an F-86 101mm from them. I had a problem with my fan unit on takeoff resulting in a destroyed canopy. A month ago, I went to Hobby Parts to try and get a replacement. Strangely enough, Hobby PARTS does not sell PARTS? They sell only aftermarket things, and not replacements.... OK... so back to NP I went to get a replacement. Every time I call or email it's the same story. "its 3 weeks out"..... I feel like they keep blowing me off, and have no intention of getting one. Are my fears valid, or do they actually come through? I have purchased things in the past, and my future customer status is up for them to keep. If they are blowing me off I'd like to know as soon as possible so I can throw away their plane and install the equipment in a plane that comes from a company that can support their products. What's their story?
The Hack is offline Find More Posts by The Hack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2010, 01:18 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2004
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstickley View Post
Guys, I would watch the Customer Service side of these places.. If you order from them I would HIGHLY suggest you never ever complain about it. Why do you ask?

I was making orders from their sister company, Xheli, for weeks.. every couple of days I was ordering something. The very first thing i had ordered, the tail servo and canopy was cracked. I had contacted customer service, and they had replaced it.. A week later i actually get to fly the thing. Get it into a hover, and hit the idle up switch, everythings good, and its holding a nice hover, when all of a sudden the feathering shaft let loose, throwing the blades, and letting the heli crash. I contacted customer service about it, and they gave me A FIT about replacing what had gone wrong.

Keep this in mind, I CHECKED this thing over before it came, and it was fine. No, I didnt pull the blade holders off to check the feathering shaft. I had assumed (wrong) that it would be fine.. Well, that was not the case.. After talking with someone that blatently saw that there was NO error in my part, they sent the parts.

Next, this same product that I had bought, had radio issues. I had contacted them yet again. They ADMIT that the radio had a manufacture fault, and sent me a new radio...

Now here is where it gets aggrivating. I go to make a new order.. on a friday, on monday, it was cancelled.. Now, I contact customer service again. Guess what, I have been suspended as a customer for making them right the wrong.

Just be forwarned. Anyone that has ever had dealings with me knows that I am extremely easy going.. These idiots, suspend someone who was ordering every few days spending hundreds with them? LOL!

What do you think of that Sam?

Jesse
Sounds like a tough place to deal with. thank you for the warning, If it is true (will fallow thread to find out) the only recourse is not buying (lots of other suppliers now) and slam the heck out of them on this site, RC Universe, Watt Flyer, Facebook, and every other forum we can. IF that attitude is correct, we live it the information era, use it. If enough of us do because they conveniently ignore us, we can hurt their demand, so as a supplier, they die or change.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:22 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To The Hack

Hi there bud!!! i am truly sorry for the way you have be treated with my company but i hope you could give us a second chance and let me try to assits you to my best abilitys may i have your order number to your plane so i could furhter assits you?

thanks

sam
raidensam is offline Find More Posts by raidensam
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:36 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To LSSS

For that product its still a new item we have not have the time to update the specs and measurment for this product by the end of this week all of the specs on that plane should be up ill keep you posted here on this thread once the specs are posted if you have any further questions please feel free to reach me here.

thanks

sam
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:52 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2004
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidensam View Post
To The Hack

Hi there bud!!! i am truly sorry for the way you have be treated with my company but i hope you could give us a second chance and let me try to assits you to my best abilitys may i have your order number to your plane so i could furhter assits you?

thanks

sam
Sam,

Thanks for the assistance. Order # 890180. The broken canopy was NOT a defect of theirs. I'm prepared to pay of course, but I do want to know if it is going to happen, or (as a friend said is common practice for them) to blow me off. Slow boat takes time, understandably, but after 4 weeks they can’t even answer availability.

Tim
Last edited by The Hack; Oct 18, 2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: name
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Jan 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
Sounds like a tough place to deal with. thank you for the warning, If it is true (will fallow thread to find out) the only recourse is not buying (lots of other suppliers now) and slam the heck out of them on this site, RC Universe, Watt Flyer, Facebook, and every other forum we can. IF that attitude is correct, we live it the information era, use it. If enough of us do because they conveniently ignore us, we can hurt their demand, so as a supplier, they die or change.
Well, hack, I really have no intentions of "slamming" them, perse.. I just want to know what their problem is. I posted this because I can get NO answers via the "Live Chat" and after the 1.5 hour hold I get on the phone. I see Sam has responded to you and to another guy, however, oddly enough, he has skipped over me LOL! I think that is a testament to what I had said. They will do it to enough "customers" that they will no longer beable to stay in business.

Jesse.
jstickley is offline Find More Posts by jstickley
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:11 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2004
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstickley View Post
Well, hack, I really have no intentions of "slamming" them, perse.. I just want to know what their problem is. I posted this because I can get NO answers via the "Live Chat" and after the 1.5 hour hold I get on the phone. I see Sam has responded to you and to another guy, however, oddly enough, he has skipped over me LOL! I think that is a testament to what I had said. They will do it to enough "customers" that they will no longer beable to stay in business.

Jesse.
Jesse,

I'm all for giving them every chance they deserve and then some. Slamming them is to me a last resort, because I WOULD be black listed. So far I do want to buy from them because on non special purchases, they did great. I must apologize to Sam (and everyone else here) for being so bluntly impatient. Sometimes I do get overly exuberant. After my friend laughed and said they were blowing me off, and the lack of even availability 3+ weeks after making the order, I got irked.

I'm sure they will move up to yours and get you an answer. Did not intend to steal your thunder.

Tim
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:17 PM
Joined Jan 2007
56 Posts
Oh you didn't at all I expected them to ignore me, as they are just proving my point of the lack of customer service, or the preservation of customer loyalty. Keep in mind I have spent a considerable amount of cash with them, and have only had issues with this ONE specific item. I have also sent 1 single pm to Sam, in hopes for a response, but that is showing to be extremely futile also.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To jstickley

Hey their bud!!! i honestly did not ignore your comment at all it has really be intense in our office recently lots of people out sick and short staff so i do apologize for any misunderstanding but i have taking the time to read you post and i was just wondering if you would give me a chance to make things right what was your order number that you were having problems with?

thanks

sam
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:36 PM
Joined Jan 2007
56 Posts
I sent you a pm with my information.. yhst-94582326164583-279460 That is the order that was cancelled..

I am awaiting your reply. Also, the people on the "live chat" are some of the most unique people I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They are absolutely rude, unprofessional, and flat out, uneducated.

Jesse
Last edited by jstickley; Oct 20, 2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:56 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To jstickley

hey thier bud!! called you and left you a VM im sure your a busy man but give me a call back when you have the time or just reach me here thanks =]

thanks

sam
Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:25 AM
USA, IL, East Peoria
Joined Sep 2010
165 Posts
Order Number: 961059 1 2.4G 4 Channel AirField RC 55" Sky Trainer

I have to say I am extremely disappointed in my recent purchase. Order Number: 961059 1 2.4G 4 Channel AirField RC 55" Sky Trainer Radio Remote Control Airplane w/ Brushless Motor/ESC/Lipo 100% RTF *Super Scale* EPO Foam Plane. I have put the plane together, as best as I can. Problems that I have seen are as follows.
1. Per the pictures on your website. The plane has a red rudder and wingtips, mine are white and no decals included to make them red.
2. Per the pictures on your website. The plane comes with decals already installed, I got a decal sheet with multiple folds that rendered the decals close to useless.
3. Plane came missing 1 screw to hold the top of the wing to the fuselage.
4. Plane was missing 1 hole for the front of the wing to set into. (I had to make my own hole)
5. Plane was missing a battery for the plane, (charger was there but not battery).
6. End of the fuselage (where the elevator goes in) broken and bent (I had to cut a piece of foam out of the box to piece it together and heat up the foam and brace it to try and straighten it)
7. Foam down the left side of the plane very rough had to be sanded to use.
8. No allen wrench to install nose gear (luckily I had the right size)
10. Multiple holes in plastic had to be hand drilled to make them usable.
Not sure if you plan on doing to make this right but have to say I am not a happy customer at the moment. I was on another site and all I could get anyone to say was send it for a refund. I would rather keep the plane (maybe I just got a bad kit?) and have the defective parts replaced. Did get an e-mail from RaidenTech.Com (Guessing they are a distributor) that sounds kind of hopeful. Am I insane to think it would be worth the price of a fuselage, tail, rudder, charger and screw kit to make this right and wind up with a happy customer that is willing to talk about how Nitroplanes made a bad situation good and made it all right?
IneptCorpse is offline Find More Posts by IneptCorpse
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:19 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To IneptCorpse

Hi thier bud!! please check your pm pleas reply to me when you have the time thanks =]

thanks

sam
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:27 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2004
376 Posts
Sam,

Any word on the replacement canopy (4 weeks and counting without ANY answer)
you asked for my contact number a few days ago, I gave it, and no call yet.
order # 890180

Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:46 PM
USA, IL, East Peoria
Joined Sep 2010
165 Posts
PM replied to thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidensam View Post
To IneptCorpse

Hi thier bud!! please check your pm pleas reply to me when you have the time thanks =]

thanks

sam
IneptCorpse is offline Find More Posts by IneptCorpse