welcome to the n/p shuffle .
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2011, 08:17 AM
United States, VA, Stanardsville
Joined Sep 2003
66 Posts
Top Notch Company

I ordered a Piper P-28 from NitroPlanes and received it in less than a week via UPS. NitroPlanes provided the tracking number and the package was delivered on day indicated. The box was undamaged. When I unpacked the plane, I found the cockpit canopy had been crushed. It obviously happened during packing at the factory. I sent an email asking if NitroPlanes had one in stock. I was prepared to purchase one since it was not the fault of NitroPlanes. To my pleasant surprise, NitroPlanes sent me a new canopy at no cost to me and it arrived in perfect condition. I will put NitroPlanes at the top of my list for future purchases .
GSAV8R is offline Find More Posts by GSAV8R
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:42 AM
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
323 Posts
Nice!

Well if they eventually respond to my problem in the same way then I'd happily recommend them - but at the moment zero communication and I even tried calling them on Friday and they didn't even answer their phone.

I'd love to support a CA company rather than order from HobbyKing but if Nitroplanes offer the same support as HobbyKing (in other words none whatsoever) then I'd have to go with the cheaper company - HobbyKing.

Let's hope I can get some resolution from them this week.
steveclv is offline Find More Posts by steveclv
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:09 PM
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
323 Posts
Another day, another email - still no communication.

They really suck at customer support don't they!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:20 AM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Hello is there an update when Nitroplanes will have the 1.7mm warbirds from FMS/Airfield?
godofthunder77 is online now Find More Posts by godofthunder77
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:59 PM
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
323 Posts
Well I have had zero communication with NP over my Stuka problem however just now I get an email from their shipping system saying that my order has been shipped via USPS - it sounds as though I may have replacement parts on the way

Fingers crossed but things are looking hopeful
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
323 Posts
Went to the mailbox yesterday and found a USPS box containing a new prop base and prop blades and a new spinner from Nitroplanes - wow, I can now go fly my Stuka.

Well done Nitroplanes for following through!! 0/10 for communication but 10/10 for making it right - I'll be back for more!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:45 PM
AGL Aerial Video Solutions
United States, AL, Alabaster
Joined Jul 2010
87 Posts
So I received my first plane from Nitroplanes earlier this week; and it was damaged in shipping. I called and then emailed, and sent pictures. Finally days later I get a basic response of “suck it up”, or wait a couple weeks to hear back from UPS, then ship the plane back, then we’ll see about a refund. So should I just “suck it up” and forget Nitroplanes and their let say less then helpful customer service, or stick it out and maybe get a proper, un damaged plane, in another month or later??? This could have been solved by simply sending me a $20 fuselage, but instead they seem to be intent on loosing a paying customer.
kev9974 is online now Find More Posts by kev9974
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:31 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,182 Posts
well i have 2 planes sitting in boxes that could have been delt w/ easily by them , but no , not there style. next time i will go the paypal refund route before its to late . i still buy from them, but like hobby king , u pay your money and take your chances.

chuck.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:04 PM
Ontario, California
Joined Apr 2007
64 Posts
If UPS did the damage, then I would give NitroPlanes a chance to get UPS to make it right. I have received shipments that UPS damaged by bad handling, and didn't have any problems getting replacements. The only thing I needed was to show the UPS carrier where they damaged the box.

Good luck!
LSSS is offline Find More Posts by LSSS
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:56 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,182 Posts
agreed, however in my case the damage was from the factory and n/p wasnt helping back up the product.

chuck.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:03 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Order Number

kev9974,
We're sorry for the inconvenience. What was your order number? I can further investigate what happened. You can either PM me or note it here. Thank you for your patience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev9974 View Post
So I received my first plane from Nitroplanes earlier this week; and it was damaged in shipping. I called and then emailed, and sent pictures. Finally days later I get a basic response of “suck it up”, or wait a couple weeks to hear back from UPS, then ship the plane back, then we’ll see about a refund. So should I just “suck it up” and forget Nitroplanes and their let say less then helpful customer service, or stick it out and maybe get a proper, un damaged plane, in another month or later??? This could have been solved by simply sending me a $20 fuselage, but instead they seem to be intent on loosing a paying customer.
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:15 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,182 Posts
this sounds familiar , hope it works out , let us know . i would like to like this company.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:42 AM
United States, CA, Rialto
Joined Dec 2011
15 Posts
Hi my order number is 1525965 I bought e-razer 450 from you guys the charger doesn't work so I can't do anything with my helicopter thank-you
ddloco is offline Find More Posts by ddloco
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:32 AM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2011
13 Posts
Multiple problems with my recent purchase of an Airfield F4u 1430mm

My order yhst-17210252890263-243358

The following are problems found with my recent purchase of 2.4G Extreme Detail 5-CH AirField RC F4U Corsair 1430MM Warbird Plane w/ Brushless Motor/ESC/Lipo 100% RTF *Super Scale* EPO Foam Plane + Electric Retracts (Gray)

1. Pilot was not glued in the canopy (see picture).

2. Landing gear door bay is broken (see picture).

3. 2 of the screws to attach the wing to the fuselage will not screw in. It appears that the nut must be at an angle. I tried to tighten with no success. Now one of the screws won't come out. (see picture).

How will Nitroplanes handle the problems? The wings have been glued together and one of the screws won't come out that holds the wing to the fuselage. I can't return the plane in the box it was shipped in unless I brake the plane apart.
XSSSIVE is offline Find More Posts by XSSSIVE
Last edited by XSSSIVE; Dec 31, 2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo