HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:41 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn View Post
In the pic it looks like there's another sticker peeking out underneath the lefthand side of the label on the yellow bat. Are there two stickers on that thing or am I just seeing things?

kendall
Holy Cow, you got a keen eye. I never noticed that. Sure enough, I'm smellin a rat here. By the way, this pack is the exact same thickness as the 1800's.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:44 AM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Uh,oh. Now that is just not right.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:15 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Hmmm, yeah. Well it's obvious that the manufacturer did that sticker thing and obviously is lying to both us and the seller.

I'd be sure to inform VH of this, im sure he is unaware.

As for my power supply im going to wait out what soloution he provides and go from there. But I now wish I'd gone with what I'd originally chosen for a PS, the 20a unit at Hobby Lobby thats only $10 more. Hobby King also sells this same GT power unit, and the responses from customers indicate the same thing, DOA. So that PS is obviously junk, and if this soloution VH provides doesnt work, or whatever I'll ask for a refund.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk View Post
Hmmm, yeah. Well it's obvious that the manufacturer did that sticker thing and obviously is lying to both us and the seller.

I'd be sure to inform VH of this, im sure he is unaware.

As for my power supply im going to wait out what soloution he provides and go from there. But I now wish I'd gone with what I'd originally chosen for a PS, the 20a unit at Hobby Lobby thats only $10 more. Hobby King also sells this same GT power unit, and the responses from customers indicate the same thing, DOA. So that PS is obviously junk, and if this soloution VH provides doesnt work, or whatever I'll ask for a refund.

Well I aint bujyin that unaware business. If they can't look at a lipo and tell one is a 1500/1700? and one is an 1800 then they need to get out of the battery business. My point to this is, if I charge a 1500/1700mah? lipo at 1800mah on my lipo charger, it is going to overcharge the lipo cause the lipo to go bad.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:28 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn View Post
Uh,oh. Now that is just not right.

kendall
Last edited by mtdoramike; Aug 19, 2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:57 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdoramike View Post
My point to this is, if I charge a 1500/1700mah? lipo at 1800mah on my lipo charger, it is going to overcharge the lipo cause the lipo to go bad.
No. The only issue is that the charge current will be higher if you tell the charger it's a 1800mah when it's really a 1500mah (if that's what it really is). It would charge at 1.2C relative to the battery's true capacity instead of the typical 1C. For a 25C lipo that's not a big deal. The charger will still stop when it reaches 4.2V/cell regardless of the capacity.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Sep 06, 2010, 08:14 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,577 Posts
DOA GT Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk View Post

I received mine on 8/11 and found it to also be DOA. I emailed VH and Alex replied that they were all DOA and he was getting a power converter unit in and would be supplying it to the owners in about 2 weeks. I emailed him on 8/26 and got no response and have emailed him again today hoping for an update. I won't be ordering anything further from him until this gets resolved and I know some of my buddies are also waiting to see how it plays out. Shame because if he waits too long, the HobbyKing USA Warehouse will be shipping and his advantage of being in the USA will diminish. I was happy with the order and a little customer service and an email update would go a LONG way. Tough to know the state of things when there is no reply

Same day update:

I received an email reply from Alex and a refund of the purchase price to my account. I am satisfied with this response and realize this isn't a problem he had control over. he was selling products he bought from his supplier in good faith and removed them from his website once he discovered they were nonfunctional
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by coreman; Sep 06, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:41 PM
Capital Region, NY
Joined Nov 2006
75 Posts
How does VH Ship - 4th Class Book Rate?

I ordered a few packs and an ESC last Sunday. Received an email Sunday confirming order and another on Monday stating it shipped (holiday?) and today's mail has come - no package. Illinois to NY should take a few days?

I order from BPhobbies and it's essentially 2 day USPS service for $6.95 and no tax.

RCHOTDEALS.COM is another vendor of the same nature as VH. Any feedback on them? Saw them as well at the WRAM show. Would go so far as to call them RED hot deals but great selection.

Scott
ScottV is offline Find More Posts by ScottV
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:17 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Dec 2006
29 Posts
Delete
BobbyD2 is offline Find More Posts by BobbyD2
Last edited by BobbyD2; Sep 20, 2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Issue resolved
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:30 PM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Well it's now 9-21, and no email no nothing so I geuss I'll have to do the work and contact VH about the power supply thing. And I doubt I'll be doing any further business there. Hobby King is better than this.
In fact I have never ever had to utilize HK's customer service in any way.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:05 PM
rc nut in az
goodyear Arizona
Joined Mar 2009
382 Posts
In regards to the wrong label,I bought some g-force packs and under all the labels and printed on the pack there is the correct size and value hobby is actually under rating there batts not over rating them.My lipos labeled 2200 mah say 2300 mah on the print.So pleel of the last label I bet it says 1800mah!
Tamiya tony is offline Find More Posts by Tamiya tony
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:45 PM
USA, GA, Vidalia
Joined Dec 2005
2 Posts
I tried calling them today to ask about the imax b6 charger and I can't get anybody on the phone.
Anybody have one of these.
I tried reading the specs to see which has the adjustable discharge rate option and I guess it's the one that sells for $41.99http://www.valuehobby.com/products.p...y_id=13&page=2

I guess what I'm getting at is I like to talk to someone on the phone see if it's in stock and order it.
Joel Stolarski is offline Find More Posts by Joel Stolarski
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Value Hobby returns

I have also had problems with thier tracking items. I have called them about returns and they would not / could not answer my questions and just kept directing me to fill out a return request on thier website. I did but it only allowed me to select 1 item and yet I was returning 3. They were quoted as saying "Thats ok, go ahead and send the 3 items back" I did, and 2 months later they finally got in stock the items I sent back but are now telling me I only sent 1, and thats all they are going to warranty. I taped all 3 items together so they could not get lost. And now it is thier word against mine. This company is very sketchy.
Scubadawg is offline Find More Posts by Scubadawg
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:16 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Value Hobby = horrible service

I have a horrible experience with this guys. Their service is the worst I have ever seen. Stay clear of these guys no matter what.
mamsatx is offline Find More Posts by mamsatx
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:52 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
I can only speak of my one order, but I had no issue with them. Got in a bum RX with a bad aileron channel.

I did email them and check to see if it might be some issue with what I was doing. As expected, it was not and they said fill out an RMA.

Filling out the RMA was easy, and I could have selected any number of items from my order. When I filled it out, it had all my items from my order listed and I had to click delete for each one until I had only the item that needed RMAed down.

RMA took about a day max, don't recall how long really. I'd put in for a replacement, but they pushed a refund instead. I can understand that.. I've got a pair of Orange coming from HK, so no biggy.

At any rate, just my 2 cents.
DarkWolf is offline Find More Posts by DarkWolf