SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 04:53 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,090 Posts
Discussion
The end of flying planes...

Today is the last day I will be able to fly. This week I was cut back to 0 hours at work and today I destroyed both of my planes.

This was the Terrys first flight after putting a new power system on it and I wasnt sure how it would do. After 2 laps I noticed that the wings flexed a good bit but I decided I would try for a high speed pass. I was throttling up and it started to go into a steep dive, I pulled up and the wing snapped and proceded to bury itself into the ground and destroy the fuse/wing/motor/lipo.

Then I pulled out my corsair, got through 2 batteries and it crashed. I was doing figure eights and when I did the cross over I banked right and it kept on going. Gave it left aileron but and it started to correct slightly but it was too late. After getting it home and checking everything I found a aileron servo was dead and must have died about the time I hit full deflection on right aileron and pulled the plane to the ground. The damage was broken wing/fuse/motor/lipo.

So nothing is left for me to fly but the mSR and it get boring after about 4 batteries. Im kinda dissapointed about the corsair but I could have cared less about the terry.

Graupner Terry Wing Break (0 min 4 sec)
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2010, 02:15 AM
Hinterlands of NC
Joined Nov 2008
23 Posts
One of those days

Bad things come in sets of 3, I figure you got all your out of the way in one day! Hate to see and hear it though. Looks like the F4U is repairable, at least I hope it is. I'm looking forward to some year getting one once I get up to that skill level, one of my fav warbirds. Nothing like those gull wings! Good Luck to You!
merlynwylld is offline Find More Posts by merlynwylld
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:20 AM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,090 Posts
I love the corsair, but the pictures are deceiving. The wing is broke in 3 places, the elevator is broke in two so only half of it works and the firewall is destroyed because I use a metal motor mount. The one servo is in the wing is dead, the other is stripped out and the motor needs to be rebuilt with a new motor shaft. So I would need a new fuse, wing, elevator and servos.
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life