HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:06 PM
Bringer of lasers
United States, MA, Greenfield
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
Discussion
6.75" parkzone powered boat - No name as of yet.

A few months ago, I started a little boat for kicks because my Parkzone Cessna RX was in need of a project . I built the hull out of 1 piece of 2mm depron I had lying around near my workbench. I hope to finish the boat soon, maybe by next weekend if I feel motivated .

Due to the very light weight of the boat, it sits on the water, and not in it. I need to add a thin, small metal or heavy plastic rudder along the bottom so that it will track straight, but other than that, the body only needs some color.

I don't know how well the boat will work, but it will make a nice model at least. I can almost guarantee that it wont be fast, but the motor should have about a 60* swing to it left and right, so it should be pretty maneuverable.

Cheers, Dill
dill is offline Find More Posts by dill
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:45 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,442 Posts
so the motor turns the boat, and you need a rudder near the front to give it something to push against right?
looks like an old timer barge or something, cool shape
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:21 PM
Bringer of lasers
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk View Post
so the motor turns the boat, and you need a rudder near the front to give it something to push against right?
Yep, I will probably make the rudder about 1/3 to 1/2 the length of the boat so that it tracks nice and straight.

Cheers, Dill
Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:33 PM
If it floats, it's a boat. Eh?
Cary, NC
Joined May 2008
76 Posts
If you need a name, 'Knot Working' might be a good one.
Flying Soapbox is offline Find More Posts by Flying Soapbox
Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:53 PM
Bringer of lasers
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
heh, its only "knot Working" for the time being! I will probably work on it some tomorrow.

Cheers, Dill