Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:02 PM
Plane Basher
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Joined Oct 2005
175 Posts
Discussion
Tower Hobbies Kaos 40 ARF Conversion

I received as a Christmas gift a Kaos 40 ARF. I'm going to convert it to electric and would like any and all suggestions. I need to determine a motor size, batteries, and esc. I would like to know if anyone else has converted this kit and what equipment they chose and how it all worked out. Thank you to all in advance for any comments.

Sam
slammer1 is offline Find More Posts by slammer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,048 Posts
I did one here.

Fly's nice on a strong 5S pack. Would fly even nicer on 6s!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:07 AM
Plane Basher
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Joined Oct 2005
175 Posts
Tommy,

I read your thread, it was helpful. Do you still have the plane? Do you have any photos showing any mods that you think useful? I've stripped the covering at this point and I'm trying to decide on the power package for this plane. I was thinking about a 6cell lipo of about 5000mah. I had no clue as to the motor or esc yet. Your thread may have answered my motor question. I'm still in the process of determining if I can get a 6 cell pack beind the fire wall. I'm just afraid this plane will be very nose heavy.
I'll post pictures as I go along showing (hopefully) the mods I've chosen to do.
Thanks for your info Tommy.

Sam
slammer1 is offline Find More Posts by slammer1
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer1 View Post
Tommy,

I read your thread, it was helpful. Do you still have the plane? Do you have any photos showing any mods that you think useful? I've stripped the covering at this point and I'm trying to decide on the power package for this plane. I was thinking about a 6cell lipo of about 5000mah. I had no clue as to the motor or esc yet. Your thread may have answered my motor question. I'm still in the process of determining if I can get a 6 cell pack beind the fire wall. I'm just afraid this plane will be very nose heavy.
I'll post pictures as I go along showing (hopefully) the mods I've chosen to do.
Thanks for your info Tommy.

Sam
Sam

I decided to answer your post here.

If you look back in this thread I posted a few pics that might help you.

Yes, I still have the model. On newer high C packs it flys nice on or about 1100W, give or take.

Make a decision as what you want the model to be. By that I mean do you want a "fun flyer" or a more aggressive flying model?

The biggest limitation to the Kaos is prop diameter. I had to bend new gear to get a decent size prop on mine.

You could always make it a tail dragger, however then it's not really a Kaos, now is it?

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D