HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 12:52 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,603 Posts
Discussion
Oops!

Well, after more then a few 'mistakes', I had to retire my E-Flite Extra 260 today. I've piled this poor bird in way to many times and the front end was just a bunch of cobbled up sticks & pieces. I did recover the entire bird (the image here) after the 1st incident and have really enjoyed flying it over the past year. I drove the LG, cowl and motor mount back into the fuse about an inch and 1/2 on a pancake impact.

The bird was about 20% overpowered and I loved putting it up high and switch to 100% throws and just slam the sticks in every direction to watch it go nuts. I have no idea just why it never had a structural failure... It sure should of! I stripped it down and let a couple of the old timers at the club get some foot stomping in. It was sort of sad to see it go. I hot rodded it into the ground because I missed switching to get to low rates. BUT, I have a NIB E-Flite 260 in the closet and I see a future for all the components. I kept the wings and CF wing tube because they have nary a scratch. Probably just going to be more junk to store. I have way to many different wings coming out the door...Maybe I need to have a sale..

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
to remove ads between posts