Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:28 PM
Rosario-Argentina
Joined Jan 2005
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggles47 View Post
Gabriel,

Here is the Australian version. The Baby Bird

There has been a thread on this model over on the Barton Control Line Forum, and the plan redrawn on CAD.

Greg
Thank you very much Greg

Gabriel
camgab is offline Find More Posts by camgab
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:44 PM
My dog ate my airplane
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2008
225 Posts
Wow there's a lot of really cool CL plans here, thanks so much for posting them I may eventually find time to build from some of these one day? I didn't go through all the pages in this thread, but I was sorta hoping to find plans for my very first model airplane that I would really like to build for my 7 year old son and I to try CL sometime soon. Is anyone aware if there's a post with plans for a Carl Goldberg Swordsman 18? It's just a simple plank wing 1/2A CL trainer type of airplane, which would probably be fairly easy to build with something as basic as a 3-view, but the plans would certainly make life easier. I know Brodak sells a reproduction kit, but $35+shipping seems kinda steep to me for a plank wing profile trainer, and it's not a radial motor mount which I would prefer since I want to build it with electric power instead of nitro. Any help would be greatly appreciated here, thanks.
sredlin is offline Find More Posts by sredlin
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:22 AM
United States, VA, Forest
Joined Nov 2009
277 Posts
The Stunt Chimp is is almost identical to Goldberg's Stuntman. Should fit the bill and it flys great. It's bigger than the Swordsman so it should fly better. I have never flown the Swordsman but I have had both the Stuntman and Stunt Chimp and both of them flew great for a sheet wing. Good luck.

John

http://www.aeromaniacs.com/Freeplans.htm
Rubbernecker is offline Find More Posts by Rubbernecker
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Does anyone have plans for a Veco Renegade?

Joe
55chevr is offline Find More Posts by 55chevr
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:14 PM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
863 Posts
Barry Baxter does

Check his web site. Holler if Google fails you.

Kiwi
The Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:19 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,271 Posts
Spotted some new plans on HPA.
Here's another Italian one: Super-Stuntfly
I don't see a date and my Italian is not enough to identify the designer, but it is a redrawn plan.

(I'll post the Team Racers in the Team Racer thread.)
perttime is online now Find More Posts by perttime
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:12 PM
Joined Apr 2004
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Spotted some new plans on HPA.
Here's another Italian one: Super-Stuntfly
I don't see a date and my Italian is not enough to identify the designer, but it is a redrawn plan.

(I'll post the Team Racers in the Team Racer thread.)
Design by
Rossi G.Carlo
Gruppo aeromodellistico Vigevanese
Vigevano
( very close to Milan )

redrawn by Arturo Martinelli

Can't say anything about the date.
gghisleri is offline Find More Posts by gghisleri
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Apr 2004
233 Posts
Zephir

I have this plan scanned, is someone willing to convert it in pdf ?

Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:37 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,271 Posts
Zephyr

... that looks like a nice design.
Can you get hugher resolution scans?

Now it is not possible to read the texts and dimensions.
It seems to be a magazine scan. The center of the plan (where the scan looks darker) may have some distortions in it and I don't have the skills to make it straight.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:16 AM
Joined Apr 2004
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Zephyr

... that looks like a nice design.
Can you get hugher resolution scans?

Now it is not possible to read the texts and dimensions.
It seems to be a magazine scan. The center of the plan (where the scan looks darker) may have some distortions in it and I don't have the skills to make it straight.
I have them and it is possible to read text.
If anyone is interested I can mak new scans trying to get rid of distortion.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:37 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,271 Posts
I could give it a try if you can make scans at higher resolution. At least the texts should be readable in the scans. People seem to recommend 300 DPI and Grayscale (or Black and White Photo) settings.

Removing the plan from the magazine would make it easier to get it flat in the scanner. Gently prying the staples open should do it.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:59 AM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghisleri View Post
I have this plan scanned, is someone willing to convert it in pdf ?
I can easily make pdf files for you or indeed convert to several different types of image files. I'll PM you with my email address if you want to send the higher resolution scans.
electrotor is offline Find More Posts by electrotor
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:52 PM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,271 Posts
The higher resolution scans are pretty good, except for the dark area: my skills and programs cannot easily clear the darkness, and that area seems to be a little twisted too, because the pages were not perfectly flat on the scanner.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:58 AM
Joined Apr 2004
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotor View Post
I can easily make pdf files for you or indeed convert to several different types of image files. I'll PM you with my email address if you want to send the higher resolution scans.
You may be interested in working on these plans by the many times European Champion Luciano Compostella.
They are his early models.

Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:04 AM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghisleri View Post
You may be interested in working on these plans by the many times European Champion Luciano Compostella.
They are his early models.
Yes I can do those too if you want, but you must send me the high quality scans. I have already sent you a PM with my email address. The images which appear on the pages here are reduced to fit the file size parameters of the Forum. Once I have the scans I will make pdfs or whatever anybody wants and post them here or send them via email if the file type is too large for this site or not the right type. Back to you gghisleri.

BTW the best scan format for me is TIF but any other normally used type will suffice. File conversion is quick and easy. File cleaning up (despeckling) can take an age but I have sometimes had to do this on a really poor image showing rips, tears and pieces of sticky tape. Most images are recoverable but sometimes the effort required is enormous. Apart from the shading and distortion on the scans of the Zephyr, which are easily solvable if you remove the page from the magasine, your images look OK to convert with little extra work.
electrotor is offline Find More Posts by electrotor
Last edited by electrotor; Mar 06, 2013 at 07:11 AM.