HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:39 PM
Joined Jul 2006
48 Posts
Here is one for a Ringmaster S-1 (The original Sterling Ringmaster) which will print out a full sized plan at your local copy shop of office supply store. Just have them print it at 100% and it will be full sized. This is the modernized (weight box /adjustable leadouts etc) version which Pat King drew.
jccrall is offline Find More Posts by jccrall
Last edited by jccrall; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined May 2011
65 Posts
Thanks algy2
sippy is offline Find More Posts by sippy
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
CV-15 VB-16
USA, TX, Friendswood
Joined Jul 2007
1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jccrall View Post
Here is one for a Ringmaster S-1 (The original Sterling Ringmaster) which will print out a full sized plan at your local copy shop of office supply store. Just have them print it at 100% and it will be full sized. This is the modernized (weight box /adjustable leadouts etc) version which Pat King drew.
Good looking Ringmaster plan there, JC.

g
giuseppi is offline Find More Posts by giuseppi
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:15 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
M. Bodey DC-3

We now have some excellent plans on Outerzone and Hippocket plans site for several of Maurice Bodey's C/L designs notably, Halifax, Neptune, Gannet, Shackleton and more recently the superb Vickers Viscount.

I think on his 'Multi' designs there are only two to go the DC-3 and the F27 so I was wondering in the first instance if anyone has the DC-3 plan which I think was in the August 1960 edition of Aeromodeller magazine? At 47" span it would make a great basis for a detailed model in 1950's BEA Pinstripe livery

BrianG
Bridon is offline Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Unlikely

Hi,
From the October 1992 issue of Aeromodeller is the highly unlikely UNLIKELY by the then Editor himself JOHN STROUD

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
[QUOTE=Bridon;23384867]We now have some excellent plans on Outerzone and Hippocket plans site

I have tried many times to get into Hippocket with no success. So many hoops to jump through. I guess I missed something. To complicated !
I love Outerzone.
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
869 Posts
[QUOTE=Newtmagick;23398304]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridon View Post
We now have some excellent plans on Outerzone and Hippocket plans site

I have tried many times to get into Hippocket with no success. So many hoops to jump through. I guess I missed something. To complicated !
I love Outerzone.
Shoot, compared to Stunt Hangar and whatever Dee Rice calls his site, Ringmasters Forever, or some such, Hip Pocket is a BREEZE to get started at. (I have no idea at all what Outer Zone amounts to.)
The Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Douglas dc3 dakota

HI,
Brian from Dorset in the UK has been looking for the Aeromodeller plans for the C/L Douglas DC3 Dakota and contacted me personally.

So here it is from the August 1960 issue. Have scanned it at 600dpi so it should blow up nicely.

Have also reposted two scale articles on the DC3 to give a package so that any would be builder will have all the documentation they need.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:56 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
[QUOTE=The Kiwi;23398480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtmagick View Post

Shoot, compared to Stunt Hangar and whatever Dee Rice calls his site, Ringmasters Forever, or some such, Hip Pocket is a BREEZE to get started at. (I have no idea at all what Outer Zone amounts to.)
If you find Hippocket a breeze then outerzone.co.uk will be a no brainer. You go to the site and put in your search criteria and select download. No login or membership required.

Steve also has some tutorials on the site mostly about preparing magazine/plan scans for posting/uploading to rcgroups and particularly as a result of the very long running "Discussion Vintage & Old-Timer Plans PRE 1960 PLANS ONLY" that starts at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265873
that I think started Outerzone as outerzone started uploading most of the over 4000 plans posted to that thread in the over 10,000 messages. It also contains plan uploads from other threads and other sites too. If you venture to the vinplandex link:
http://outerzone.co.uk/vinplandex/index.asp
you will find just an index of the plans uploaded to that pre 1960 plans thread. That index is only for that thread but the main outerzone page is not limited to that thread.

You will find it very very useful!
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,103 Posts
Don't have a problem with Hippocket. Just enter your E-mail address for user name, and password.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:29 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
HI,
Brian from Dorset in the UK has been looking for the Aeromodeller plans for the C/L Douglas DC3 Dakota and contacted me personally.

So here it is from the August 1960 issue. Have scanned it at 600dpi so it should blow up nicely.

Have also reposted two scale articles on the DC3 to give a package so that any would be builder will have all the documentation they need.

Cheers

Algy
Many thanks for this one...what a nice surprise to wake up to this morning, great scan as always Algy and a bonus to have the extra articles as well...a nice job indeed

BrianG
Bridon is offline Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:36 AM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
266 Posts
Just going through my files and came across this one which I've cleaned up and rescaled. Tempted to build one for our speed limited diesel Goodyear class in Australia.
I've always liked V tails
It's a 27" span Swee Pea
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:23 PM
Greggles47
Sydney OZ
Joined May 2007
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raglafart View Post
Just going through my files and came across this one which I've cleaned up and rescaled. Tempted to build one for our speed limited diesel Goodyear class in Australia.
I've always liked V tails
It's a 27" span Swee Pea
John,

Ray built one a while back. It was a total pig to fly. Ballooned badly whenever it came into the wind.

Greg
greggles47 is online now Find More Posts by greggles47
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Nov 2008
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggles47 View Post
John,

Ray built one a while back. It was a total pig to fly. Ballooned badly whenever it came into the wind.

Greg
Yes, it was a big disappointment! The work/time put into it could have been better invested into a Ohm/Mr D/Shoestring etc.

There was a real problem with wind penetration with that elevator where it is!

O well you live and learn!

The Clarkson Ohm Special is a much better model all round. I've posted a pdf of the plan in the team racer plan thread.

This unflown one is my last. There's another six of 'em down the shed all flyable,
and them and most of everything else is up for sale in the new year to help fund Lachlan's new car.

Ray
locktite401 is offline Find More Posts by locktite401
Last edited by locktite401; Dec 02, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:49 AM
Australia, NSW, Lane Cove West
Joined Jul 2008
266 Posts
I was just about to say we haven't seen you at KMFC recently Ray, will you be going to the Speed day at Ludenham on Dec 8th?
Don't tell me you may be hanging up the helmet?

I took a few pics of your Swee Pea, think it was maybe it's first outing. It coincided with one of the first outings of my new camera and so the results weren't that exciting.

Maybe I'll stick with more conventional models.

Cheers John
raglafart is offline Find More Posts by raglafart