HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:28 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Dornier 215

Sorry folks I've just had very much of a senior moment. Swankee was asking about the Dornier 215 in the May 1956 Aeromodeller so I posted the plan and article for him. It's a beautiful 44" twin engined control line model which, although not a problem, certainly is in a Free Flight forum. It wouldn't be the first time I've had a CL go free flight but nothing like that. Anyway enough rambling, it is available at

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=485

Hope that's OK with you all.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, IN, Liberty
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for posting these plans. I just finished building a Little Gem Plane. Was a nice easy build. My first from scratch.
Godsey is offline Find More Posts by Godsey
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Anyone on here have a suggestion for a good Combat Plane for .049? I rather enjoy building off plans.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
871 Posts
Combat Kittens (.049) I flew that one first then it's larger brother, the Combat Cat back in the 60's and took me awhile to catch up with them just after I leaned to fly UC.

SpadCat
SpadCat2000 is online now Find More Posts by SpadCat2000
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Is the Combat Kitten plan located in this thread?

I just flew my Little Gem Plane today. With 15ft lines it spun me at 3 seconds per lap. It could loop in 2 ft.This is one wild little plane.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:07 AM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
772 Posts
You need to cover things like choosing the wrong length lines in your own threads

Because 15' is about half of what is needed (60%).

K.
The Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
I can tell you now that this plane will NOT fly on 30 ft lines. No way. At most 25 ft. Pushing it at that. And it is not wrong. There is no set way from doing it. I could do it with 8 ft and would not be wrong.

And what is so wrong about discussing it here? Communicating about experiences with a plane I built from plans I got here?

Rolla
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Last edited by Godsey; Jun 20, 2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:14 PM
Recycled Modeller
Dungiven, Northern Ireland
Joined Apr 2008
232 Posts
Baby Flitestreak

Would anyone have a plan for the Baby Flitestreak? Not the diagram one from the kit , but a proper plan?
I have seen this, but was unable to get a usable copy, so if anyone can help I would be very grateful

Wilf
Wilf is offline Find More Posts by Wilf
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
Recycled Modeller
Dungiven, Northern Ireland
Joined Apr 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsey View Post
Anyone on here have a suggestion for a good Combat Plane for .049? I rather enjoy building off plans.
Lil' Jumpin Bean? flies like a dream on a Black Widow. Not strictly combat I know, but certainly fast enough!
Or Lil' Satan?
Wilf is offline Find More Posts by Wilf
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2010
871 Posts
Quote:
Is the Combat Kitten plan located in this thread?

I just flew my Little Gem Plane today. With 15ft lines it spun me at 3 seconds per lap. It could loop in 2 ft.This is one wild little plane.
I don't think I saw plans in this thread, but I went through it pretty fast. Will do a search here and on the Web, as I would like to have a set myself.

The original kit came with two planes as it is hard to combat with yourself (at least for me, I am sure someone here has done it).

I would think 15ft lines would be a little short for me as I would get really dizzy really quickly (and then sick), but again, that is just me.

SpadCat
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Does anyone hear have plans for a PT-19, California Models kit? I was given the kit when I was 9, back in 1948. It made a beautiful model which I flew behind a Vivell 35 all through my teen age years. It would be fun to build up another one.
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
The plane on 15ft flies with an .020 Pee Wee. Glides really nice when engine cuts out or slows down. I kinda hoped to get used to the high speed so I could handle the speed of most other planes.

So here is the list of plans I am interested in. Only if they can be built off the plans without much hassle that is..
Lil Jumpin Bean
Lil Satan
Combat Kitten
Baby Flight Streak

I know Mr.Rusty has plans for all of those except the Kitten. I will check with him if they can be built off the plans. I know another guy who is checking his kitten plans to see if they can be built off of the plans.Will post back.

Rolla
Last edited by Godsey; Jun 21, 2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Formalities
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
871 Posts
Quote:
The plane on 15ft flies with an .020 Pee Wee. Glides really nice when engine cuts out or slows down. I kinda hoped to get used to the high speed so I could handle the speed of most other planes.

So here is the list of plans I am interested in. Only if they can be built off the plans without much hassle that is..
Lil Jumpin Bean
Lil Satan
Combat Kitten
Baby Flight Streak

I know Mr.Rusty has plans for all of those except the Kitten. I will check with him if they can be built off the plans. I know another guy who is checking his kitten plans to see if they can be built off of the plans.Will post back.

Rolla

Geez, I flew everyone of those planes when I was a kid and right now I have a Flight Streak with a number flights on it a few years ago and also a Baby Flight Streak that is covered and just needs an engine mounted to fly. Would be interested in plans for all them and also would like plans for the Circus Prince and Circus Clown, both of which kits where sold on eBay recently. They did get a little pricy.

SpadCat
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Just ran across this website. Has many nice plans. I have not clicked on all of them. I really like the Arrowhead and the Whetstone.

http://www.thunderbirds.org.au/12a_plans.html