to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:42 AM
Daddy's pad when mama's mad
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Dec 2008
423 Posts
Any one have a need for speed

kenny e is offline Find More Posts by kenny e
Last edited by kenny e; Aug 10, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:54 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,567 Posts
plans

Thank you for posting this.
Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:19 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,469 Posts
Good stuff. Well done.
Doubt I'll build too many of them......not enough time,(LOL) but good to see.
gossie is online now Find More Posts by gossie
Old Aug 11, 2010, 03:54 AM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
kenny e, I think you'll find your "Peacemaker" is actually a "Pacemaker".

You haven't got a real Peacemaker plan by any chance, have you. I think the Talisman and Flite Streak are probably scaled down versions.
electrotor is offline Find More Posts by electrotor
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:25 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotor View Post
kenny e, I think you'll find your "Peacemaker" is actually a "Pacemaker".

You haven't got a real Peacemaker plan by any chance, have you. I think the Talisman and Flite Streak are probably scaled down versions.
The Flite Streak was first I believe. The Peace maker was Georges "European" cousin scaled for the smaller diesels that were popular overseas. The Talisman looks like a blatant rip-off but I don't know its history. Another borrowed design produced here in the states was the Lightening Streak although its outlines aren't near as obvious as the Talismans.

George also designed a more or less full fuse version of the Flite Streak called the Combat Streak.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:15 PM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
831 Posts
Two Peacemakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
The Flite Streak was first I believe. The Peace maker was Georges "European" cousin scaled for the smaller diesels that were popular overseas. The Talisman looks like a blatant rip-off but I don't know its history. Another borrowed design produced here in the states was the Lightening Streak although its outlines aren't near as obvious as the Talismans.

George also designed a more or less full fuse version of the Flite Streak called the Combat Streak.
His Flite Streak was released at the same time as the Green Box Nobler, 1957. The Baby Streak and Junior Streak were next, later the same year. I'd thought that the Combat Streak had been designed before the UK Peacemaker.

The fuel system in use in 1958 - 1968 for AMA combat was crankcase pressure into a tin tank, and the enclosed box fuselage protected the plumbing somewhat. If you look at the Combat Cat, however, a pod and boom design from TF in the same general time frame, its tank just sat in the open on top of a plywood platform.

The stateside Peacemaker was also for a diesel 15, but it had a 46" span, instead of 36", and coupled half-span flaps; however, when TF put it unto production, they used their formed-shell fuselage system, with a skeleton of ring formers and stringers that was somewhat difficult to keep aligned properly, which reduced its value for stunting, since from one model to the next, there was little consistency.

I've built one of each, and the TF version was lighter, so it flew just fine for me on a three bolt Fox 19, while the one with George's box fuselage was a lot heavier, although it flew quite well, but with a 3-bolt Fox 25 in it, instead.

The way George told the story, when he was contacted by Aero Modeller, he had been trying to buy an Oliver Tiger 15, unsuccessfully. His asking price for a magazine article was to become one of those engines, and that is what he ended up using in his stateside built up Peacemaker.

Kiwi
The Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Last edited by The Kiwi; Aug 11, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:46 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,157 Posts
I visited George in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, in January of 1958. He showed me the plans for the profile Peacemaker. I think it came out in the February 1958 Aeromodeller, but may be wrong. I'm not sure when the Flite Streak came out. I built a Junior Flite Streak in late 1958 or early 1959.
Jim Thomerson is online now Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:59 PM
Bonnie Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king richard View Post
Are these it ?
They are indeed. Thanks.

I once had the good fortune to meet George Aldrich. He was visiting the UK and I spotted him quietly walking around the control line circles at the British Nationals. I couldn't resist going up for a chat. What a lovely fellow.
electrotor is offline Find More Posts by electrotor
Last edited by electrotor; Aug 11, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:43 PM
Joined Aug 2009
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotor View Post
They are indeed. Thanks.

I once had the good fortune to meet George Aldrich. He was visiting the UK and I spotted him quietly walking around the control line circles at the British Nationals. I couldn't resist going up for a chat. What a lovely fellow.
You are welcome
king richard is offline Find More Posts by king richard
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:53 AM
Joined Dec 2008
423 Posts
vintage profile racers

four from an old American Modeler posted else where on the forum
Old Aug 12, 2010, 01:16 AM
Joined Dec 2008
423 Posts
A couple biplanes

Enjoy
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:19 AM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
kenny e,
Thanks for posting all these plans. I remember a couple of them that I had built when I was a kid. The "Queen Bee" and the "Little Gem". I had a Cox, Pee Wee .020 and when the Little Gem came out in (I believe) M.A.N. in the early 60s I built one. The "diamond airfoil" was a little over rated I think but, still fun!
~Vrated
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Aug 12, 2010, 02:38 PM
Joined Aug 2009
78 Posts
I forgot where I found these.
king richard is offline Find More Posts by king richard