SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by veritus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 09:02 PM
JP
Tennessee
Joined Oct 2003
466 Posts
Discussion
Nimbus Test

Well I went to the field to test fly the Nimbus and foretunately, never got off the ground. What do I mean by that, you may ask Well when I finally found a part of the sod farm I could get a good takeoff roll on, it just happened to be bumpy. The Nimbus bounced once and twice and was just about to get airborne, when the left wing came off; but not completely. Apparently I had done a very flimsy fix on the wingrod box, thank God I never got it up in the air or it could have folded up there! Any how, it turned out to be an easy fix by using some hardwood I had laying around, lots of epoxy, and my handy Dremel Tool. Everything is curing perfectly with the rod snuggly fit into its new sleeve, rod is relatively easy to remove.

The other bit of news is that my SLS worked perfectly and the prop locked to the vertical and stored easily when retracted.

It would have been a great day to fly today because of the low humidity, even near 100 degree temps were very bearable, but forecast is for our crazy humidity and high heat indexes to return tomorrow into the coming week...oh well. I might try again tomorrow, regardless, plenty of water will be my constant companion!

I didn't take a camera to the field, I travel light as possible in this heat, but here are a few pics of my fix.
veritus is offline Find More Posts by veritus
Last edited by veritus; Aug 08, 2010 at 10:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts