HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2011, 05:02 PM
USA, GA, Warner Robins
Joined Jun 2009
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdsracer View Post
here is a full video review I just finished up. Subscribe and check out my channel for other reviews!
thanks guys,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS2FhFhho-w
Awesome video! You pretty much sold me on this! I'm planning on putting lights on it for some good night flying! But I'll put lights on the bottom AND the top
Terrk is offline Find More Posts by Terrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 05:08 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE View Post
Here it is for the last time
The "venting" wont work , because you need at least twice the exit area ....as hot air expands

Fitting a 30amp ESC wont work because the problem is still there , that is the motor , and it will either fail and or melt the plastic mount or both

The motor is the wrong KV for 3s and the standard prop , the ways to fix this is to either reduce or fit a smaller prop , around 8X4 , so the current is no more than 15amps , trimming 1/4" off wont do it......OR fit a motor with a KV suited to the stock prop , 860-1000KV , again keeping the current draw to no more than 15amps ...I fitted an 860KV motor and at $6 bucks is the cheapest option ...AND ...it works
This is a classic cruiser , not a hot liner and this power is enough

I hope this is the end of it....cause Ive had enough Bull Sh** for a while

Happy New Year

Ian
Maybe you need to read this again
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Jan 07, 2011, 08:09 PM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrk View Post
Awesome video! You pretty much sold me on this! I'm planning on putting lights on it for some good night flying! But I'll put lights on the bottom AND the top
Check out all the night flying posts before you do it. There are some good ideas here unless you have already seen them.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...784724&page=50

I cut the foam on a Swift and Mini Swift and put the LEDs in the foam behind the leading edge and the light can be viewed from the top and bottom.

I would be good to see some LEDs on a Minimoa.
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:34 AM
Dreams are real to real
Loose, Kent. England
Joined May 2005
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14 View Post
<snip>

to remove the motor from the motor mount you need to undo two grub screws ...... you do this by pushing an allen key through the two holes in the red plastic cowling around the nose of the plane ..... so that's what the holes are for ...... both grub screws were loose ......
(when you refit these grubscrews do it just loosely including thread lock before you reassemble the motor ...... you can then tighten them through the wall of the plastic cowling)<snip>
Hi,

What size are the grub screws please?

Thanks,

Steve
Smiler is offline Find More Posts by Smiler
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
Name : Emrah TEZER
Bodrum-TURKEY
Joined Feb 2008
117 Posts
My Minimoa from last weekend.

Minimoa Minimoa Glider EPO - 09.01.2011 (5 min 6 sec)
emo23 is offline Find More Posts by emo23
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
Hi,

What size are the grub screws please?

Thanks,

Steve
3mm dia x 3mm long .... if you have 4mm long use them ...

you need a 1.5mm allen key ...
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:31 PM
Richmond NSW Australia
Joined Mar 2010
32 Posts
Nice video emo23. Have you done any modifications to your Mini? Cooling, motor, esc??

Any aerial vids yet? How do you know which way the camera is pointing?

Regards radial1951
radial1951 is offline Find More Posts by radial1951
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:29 AM
Bodrum-TURKEY
Joined Feb 2008
117 Posts
Hi radial1951

Thank you... I m just cooling the motor with the holes on spinner, no more modifications. Everythink is stock equipment.
I use futaba PCM receiver and installed Co-Pilot II but I dont have servo boosters that is why not happy with it. CPII is off for a while.

On the other hand my sony handycam recorder device is broken and looking for a new one. I m not recording my flights.
As you said the cam is a bit on top. I notice the right position of nose with propper

Quote:
Originally Posted by radial1951 View Post
Nice video emo23. Have you done any modifications to your Mini? Cooling, motor, esc??

Any aerial vids yet? How do you know which way the camera is pointing?

Regards radial1951
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:43 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emo23 View Post
Hi radial1951

Thank you... I m just cooling the motor with the holes on spinner, no more modifications. Everythink is stock equipment.
I use futaba PCM receiver and installed Co-Pilot II but I dont have servo boosters that is why not happy with it. CPII is off for a while.

On the other hand my sony handycam recorder device is broken and looking for a new one. I m not recording my flights.
As you said the cam is a bit on top. I notice the right position of nose with propper
I have a co-pilot on mine but have only tried it once because of all the bad weather in Brisbane for the last month. Looks like our city buildings will flood by Thursday when the river rises.

You say "but I dont have servo boosters that is why not happy with it." I do not have servo boosters but am I suppose to use them. Is it that you are on PCM you are getting jitter in the servos or something else? I am on 2.4ghz with not problems in that way.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:39 AM
Bodrum-TURKEY
Joined Feb 2008
117 Posts
well if CPII is used with 35-72 mhz PCM receivers sewrvo turns are being less. Even I increese them on EPA that is not enough. they suggest http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...d-Servo-Buffer

No problem with FM or 2.4 receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
You say "but I dont have servo boosters that is why not happy with it." I do not have servo boosters but am I suppose to use them. Is it that you are on PCM you are getting jitter in the servos or something else? I am on 2.4ghz with not problems in that way.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:35 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emo23 View Post
well if CPII is used with 35-72 mhz PCM receivers sewrvo turns are being less. Even I increese them on EPA that is not enough. they suggest http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...d-Servo-Buffer

No problem with FM or 2.4 receivers.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:44 AM
Dreams are real to real
Loose, Kent. England
Joined May 2005
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14 View Post
3mm dia x 3mm long .... if you have 4mm long use them ...

you need a 1.5mm allen key ...
Excellent, thanks for that.

Steve
Smiler is offline Find More Posts by Smiler
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,307 Posts
Hi guys,

Just received my Minimoa last night, and did a bench test with 2s. It was drawing 13 amps. I would prefer to use a 3s, simply because I have a lot of the them, and the nose wieght is needed anyway. I notice everyone having problems with 3s, and wonder why people don't just program their transmitter to limit the maximum throttle to give 15A of motor current. Seems the simplest solution to me.

Is there a reason that this would not work, as it is what I was planning to do.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:31 PM
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Nov 2010
101 Posts
Seems like it should work. An other solution would be to fly it on the 2150Ah 9.6v NiMH batts that the plane was originally designed for. Solves your CG problem nicely.

Of course you'd need to reprogram the ESC or get a different one.

I am so love hate with this plane. It's very beautiful but it definitely has some issues.

Why are all the pretty ones so hard to please?
devemaster is offline Find More Posts by devemaster
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:38 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devemaster View Post
Seems like it should work. An other solution would be to fly it on the 2150Ah 9.6v NiMH batts that the plane was originally designed for. Solves your CG problem nicely.

Of course you'd need to reprogram the ESC or get a different one.

I am so love hate with this plane. It's very beautiful but it definitely has some issues.

Why are all the pretty ones so hard to please?
Because they make it hard for you
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod