Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead431 View Post
subbed to this one!
poor packing is a bummer. stuff should be double boxed when coming from china:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ztBF9NuaSY
A bit depressing ..... that's for sure ...... I thought the guy in the suit towards the end was going to Blow them out of it ..... he just waked out and away ......

One thing I don't understand about the packing ...... some of the kits are arriving double boxed ...... others single boxed ...... that doesn't make sense to me .......
(my own was single boxed but thankfully with minimum transit damage)

ps. another 80 minutes airtime for my Minimoa today ..... we are getting a good lot of airtime right now ...... you have to take it when you can ..... sometimes we can be grounded by weather, for a week or two, at a time ....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:19 PM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
Yes. It will induce roll.
Thanks - I had better fix it. Bugger. I really knew that but was hoping not to spend time on it.
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:42 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,516 Posts
I have the same slightly uneven elevator control surfaces. One is higher than the other. Poor glueing job on the joiner. Wonder how to fix short of cutting the glue. I have not flown it yet but roll would be logical
Galand is online now Find More Posts by Galand
Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:43 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14 View Post
A bit depressing ..... that's for sure ...... I thought the guy in the suit towards the end was going to Blow them out of it ..... he just waked out and away ......

One thing I don't understand about the packing ...... some of the kits are arriving double boxed ...... others single boxed ...... that doesn't make sense to me .......
(my own was single boxed but thankfully with minimum transit damage)

ps. another 80 minutes airtime for my Minimoa today ..... we are getting a good lot of airtime right now ...... you have to take it when you can ..... sometimes we can be grounded by weather, for a week or two, at a time ....
I hope that's not the deliveries going via Swiss air
I have noticed a lot delivered my way come via Zurrich I wonder who gets the blame for damages .
olmod is online now Find More Posts by olmod
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:27 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
Thanks - I had better fix it. Bugger. I really knew that but was hoping not to spend time on it.
You can always correct a roll with the ailerons but I wouldn't want that added distraction when landing, where elevator control is vital.

Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:05 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
No rush. If HK can't ship it right, I don't want it.

This is the first I have heard of this model. I love it. I want one! While reading through this thread the availability has gone from about 10 to 0. That is OK. When I stop seeing people getting their planes with the wings and fuselages bent or broken I will order one. Until then HobbyKing can keep them. I think that accepting this kind of damage and making do with a model that already looks crashed before it even gets to the flying field is altogether the wrong way to go. If you don't demand a complete and undamaged product, why would they bother to change what they are doing? And I don't intend to order anything from them until the warranty can be handled out of the new US warehouse anyway. I already have one $50 product, that does not work, sitting here because it would cost more than I feel like paying to send it back to HongKong. It is a shame they do not stand behind their product to the point of paying for return shipping when it is obviously their problem. Everything else I have gotten from HK has been great and the price is certainly right. If the prices were a bit higher to properly handle shipping and warranty problems I would happily pay it. I will be copying this to HobbyKing.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:45 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,467 Posts
I can understand your concerns, but there is also the point that they should have matched the power system with a bit more care and experience.
olmod is online now Find More Posts by olmod
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:59 PM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
This is the first I have heard of this model. I love it. I want one! While reading through this thread the availability has gone from about 10 to 0. That is OK. When I stop seeing people getting their planes with the wings and fuselages bent or broken I will order one. Until then HobbyKing can keep them. I think that accepting this kind of damage and making do with a model that already looks crashed before it even gets to the flying field is altogether the wrong way to go. If you don't demand a complete and undamaged product, why would they bother to change what they are doing? And I don't intend to order anything from them until the warranty can be handled out of the new US warehouse anyway. I already have one $50 product, that does not work, sitting here because it would cost more than I feel like paying to send it back to HongKong. It is a shame they do not stand behind their product to the point of paying for return shipping when it is obviously their problem. Everything else I have gotten from HK has been great and the price is certainly right. If the prices were a bit higher to properly handle shipping and warranty problems I would happily pay it. I will be copying this to HobbyKing.

Gord
I got mine a week ago and the box and everything inside was perfect as far as no damage. There is a big sticker on the outside saying do not accept if the box is damaged.

But apparently people have been getting them with no damage to the box but the wing tips have been broken. (An inside problem an HK)
Old Sep 01, 2010, 12:58 AM
Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg
Joined Sep 2005
261 Posts
The wingtips of mine (last outer centimeter) were simply bent, not broken. the box they fit it in was simply too small ...
Aender69 is offline Find More Posts by Aender69
Old Sep 01, 2010, 01:05 AM
Germany (Black Forest, Alps, Vosges)
Joined Dec 2009
60 Posts
I have already sent 2 mails with photos from the destroyed Moa, but have still got no answer... The service with HK was earlier already better...

Greetings Christian
christianka6cr is offline Find More Posts by christianka6cr
Old Sep 01, 2010, 02:39 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
Go for it Chuck also advance your timing to medium ,even with a chopped down to 8'' prop the motor consumes 21.4amps
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
now when you say set the timing to medium, what does that do? will it help make the motor last longer? i will be using the stock prop for now
cheers chuck
can anyone tell me what the different motor setting do?

thanks Chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Sep 01, 2010, 03:29 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,390 Posts
just having a look for some replacement prop blades on the HK site and came up with these,
first is a 8x4 and the second is a 9x5, would one of these be better for the motor seeing as it has 8" Prop written on it?

cheers chuck

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ing_propeller_

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ing_propeller_
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Sep 01, 2010, 05:34 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galand View Post
I have the same slightly uneven elevator control surfaces. One is higher than the other. Poor glueing job on the joiner. Wonder how to fix short of cutting the glue. I have not flown it yet but roll would be logical
I'll have a go at mine now and see how I go. Pity I put CA on the wire between the elevators where it goes into the foam when I was putting it together.

EDIT: I just had a go at fixing the uneven elevators. I unscrewed the plastic holding in the rod opposite the control horn. It is easy to get at then cut a deeper through for the metal rod in the foam. As usual I have made the trough too deep. You probably only need to take less than a thousand of an inch out. (Really small amount) So to give you time to line it up 24 hour araldite would be the easiest but I'll have a go with thick CA and then screw the plastic with the 3 screws again.

I did it with CA and put the CA all around the end of the metal rod but the elevator was still sticking up so had to force the plastic into the foam and screwed in the REAR screw more than normal. In the end they are both level and perfect.
Last edited by Firepower; Sep 01, 2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 05:38 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
You can always correct a roll with the ailerons but I wouldn't want that added distraction when landing, where elevator control is vital.

Toppers
That was my initial thinking the ailerons would fix it and there would be no problems. But then I thought every time I move the elevator I will need to adjust the ailerons.

Just had a thought - Just bought a Futaba 9C this week (do not know how to use it yet) so could have the TX adjust the aileron automatically when the elevator moves. Good idea but I do not think so.
Old Sep 01, 2010, 05:45 AM
"the bouncer"
Australia, VIC, Vermont
Joined Nov 2006
4,673 Posts
FP - Just bend the wire , when the two line up you'll be fine . It takes two seconds .
mackone is offline Find More Posts by mackone